bora bora

Vaccines - Brasil

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does someone mind telling me the names of the vaccines in portuguese that the Brazilian fiance will need?

Thanks so much!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Does someone mind telling me the names of the vaccines in portuguese that the Brazilian fiance will need?

Thanks so much!

Pneumococos - Pneumonia

Mumps - Caxumba

Measles - Sarampo

Rubella - Rubéola

Polio - Poliomielite

Tetanus - Tétano

Diphteria Toxoids - Difteria

Pertussis - Coqueluche

Influenza type B - Gripe/Meningite?

Hepatitis B - Hepatite B

Yellow Fever - Febre Amarela

Varicella - Varicela

Those are the shots the doctor can ask your fiance. Keep in mind that he has to go to the doctor and have his medical and according to his medical history the doctor will ask him to take the shots necessary. It can be only 2, it can be 8, it can be all. He'll have to show the doctor his vaccination card.

Good luck! :thumbs:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just to add a bit of info: If the beneficiary doesn't have the vaccination record anymore, the doctor will instruct them to run blood test that will show that they have the antibodies for the diseases regarding the shots they'll have to take. As Nessa said, the shots one has to get will vary according to their medical history and age.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
Just to add a bit of info: If the beneficiary doesn't have the vaccination record anymore, the doctor will instruct them to run blood test that will show that they have the antibodies for the diseases regarding the shots they'll have to take. As Nessa said, the shots one has to get will vary according to their medical history and age.

Thanks! This part can be done with the doctor in the city he lives in, right?

Or he has to do this in Rio with one of the appointed doctors?

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Timeline

Thanks! This part can be done with the doctor in the city he lives in, right?

Or he has to do this in Rio with one of the appointed doctors?

I guess with the appointed doctor - he'll be the one who'll say which vaccines he'll have to get and thus instruct him on bringing either the vaccine records (if available) or have the blood tests run according to what's needed. The doctor in the city he lives doesn't know what vaccines he's supposed to get, so they wouldn't know how to instruct him on which tests to run.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

What do you suggest my fiance do now?

We're just going to mail out the initial application this week.

However, because he does not have his vaccination card he has no proof of the vaccinations he has. I want him to start everything he can now so that when package 3 arrives he can breeze through it.

But I'm confused on what he needs for the medical exam and if there is anything he can do in his city now. Should he have the chest x-ray and HIV test done now?

Thanks again!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Timeline
What do you suggest my fiance do now?

We're just going to mail out the initial application this week.

However, because he does not have his vaccination card he has no proof of the vaccinations he has. I want him to start everything he can now so that when package 3 arrives he can breeze through it.

But I'm confused on what he needs for the medical exam and if there is anything he can do in his city now. Should he have the chest x-ray and HIV test done now?

Thanks again!

He can see one of the appointed doctors showing his passport. He'll only be able to complete the medical when he knows the case number NVC assigns the case before sending it to the consulate in Rio.

As I wrote here: The beneficiary can attend a first medical appointment even if they don't have the NVC number case (starting with RDJ), and before getting packet 4 in the mail. The beneficiary would then attend the first appointment, get the vaccine shots and other exams needed and return to the doctor to complete the medical after getting the NVC number case.

I should add that the medical is good for either a year or 6 months (under special conditions - if he has certain diseases). Also, since it seems he doesn't have the vaccine records, he could wait a bit before having the blood test for HIV. He'd only need one sample of blood to have it tested for HIV, syphilis and whatever other diseases to show that he's taken the vaccines as per the doctor's instructions.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

:( He can see one of the appointed doctors showing his passport. He'll only be able to complete the medical when he knows the case number NVC assigns the case before sending it to the consulate in Rio.

As I wrote here: The beneficiary can attend a first medical appointment even if they don't have the NVC number case (starting with RDJ), and before getting packet 4 in the mail. The beneficiary would then attend the first appointment, get the vaccine shots and other exams needed and return to the doctor to complete the medical after getting the NVC number case.

The problem is that my boyfriend lives in Amazonas. Does that mean he'd have to travel to Rio twice? :blush::(

That will be expensive then. I thought that he could bring his records with him to the doctor in Rio and that way he can schedule the appointment in Rio days before the interview so he only needs to travel twice.

I know that he will need a chest x-ray and HIV test so I was hoping he could get those done first.

Worst comes to worst I imagine he can wait until he gets that package 3.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Timeline
The problem is that my boyfriend lives in Amazonas. Does that mean he'd have to travel to Rio twice? :blush::(

That will be expensive then. I thought that he could bring his records with him to the doctor in Rio and that way he can schedule the appointment in Rio days before the interview so he only needs to travel twice.

I know that he will need a chest x-ray and HIV test so I was hoping he could get those done first.

Worst comes to worst I imagine he can wait until he gets that package 3.

Madavis, he doesn't even have to wait for Packet 3. Once he has all the documents and forms he needs to send the consulate, he can do that, as long as he has the NVC number. PM Luis&Laura and ask Laura for details on the medical in Rio with Dr. Joaquim. I remember she mentioned the results come in pretty fast and he could have the appointment a few days before having the interview. The instructions for the medical come in packet 4, which your fiance will get after he sends out what the consulate needs as per the instructions in packet 3.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Will do..

Thanks again.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Timeline

Get him to take all the vaccines given to his age at a Posto de Saúde, they're free and in any case won't hurt him to get them again.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
Get him to take all the vaccines given to his age at a Posto de Saúde, they're free and in any case won't hurt him to get them again.

Well, that would work too... In that case, he could see a doctor in Amazonas who would tell him which ones he'd need.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Yes!

A solid answer!

I really appreciate it.

Did you get my PM Laura?

Thanks again.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

I do not have vaccination record, then I called a indicated doctor by Consulate . He asked me some personal questions and gave me the name of vaccines I need to take, so, he can approve my doctor appointment.

I took all the vaccines in the "Posto de Saúde". Yes, they are free.

Good Luck

Removing Conditions

May 29 2009 - Vermont received I-751

June 01 2009 - NOA

July 13 2009 - Biometric

Oct 22 2009 - E-mail - card ordered

Oct 23 2009 - Received letter - approval date 10/19.

Timeline

My fiance doesn't have the vaccination record but I'm sure that he had some of these vaccines done when he was a child. Is is ok to have them done again?

He told me he can go to a posto and they'll do them there and give him a new card.

Muito obrigada!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.