lovesStrawberry

Response of USEM regarding my Dubai Police Clearance

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sharing the response of US Embassy of Manila regarding our confusion about the renewal of my Dubai Police Clearance. :D

Reference: DUBAI Police Clearance

Date: January 12, 2010

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is in reply to your inquiry of January 11, 2010 regarding your visa concerns.

UAE police clearance are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in Dubai. As such, Filipino nationals who are no longer residing in that country does not have to provide this document to process his or her U.S. immigrant visa application.

For specific instructions on how to obtain certain foreign country clearances, you may visit our website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3698.html. The consular officer will inform visa applicants if any additional documents are needed as the application is processed.

If you would like to inquire further about the status of the visa case, you may contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center at telephone 1-909-101-7878. This number is for subscribers of PLDT and Smart telephone touchtone landlines with national and international distance dialing features (NDD or IDD access). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Manila time). There is a fee assessed to callers by the Call Center for its services.

We hope this information will be helpful to you.

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

Manila, Philippines

Telephone: (632) 301-2000

Fax: (632) 301-2591

THIS E-MAIL IS UNCLASSIFIED AS DEFINED IN EXECUTIVE ORDER 12958

Hope this information will be helpful to those who are in the same situation.

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:thumbs:

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Timeline

Vicky got a clearance from UAE. She contacted the UAE embassy, they told her what form to submit and she had to have one of her ex co-workers submit it in UAE. Then her ex-coworker was able to pick it up when it was finished processing and shipped it to Vicky. Besides the request for police clearance she also had to send an authorization letter for her friend to submit the paper.

With this letter you linked I doubt you'll need the clearance, but it really wasn't that hard to obtain. It was done processing in 3-5 business days.

They made a clerical error (in translation I think) on the original one, she already has the corrected one in her possession; so we've actually done this twice.

K1:

Began chatting online 1-2-09, Met in Philippines 9-5 to 9-15-09, Mailed I-129F 9-17-09, I-129F delivered by USPS 9-21-09, Check cashed 9-21-09, NOA1 issued 9-21-09, NOA1 paper copy received 9-28-09, NOA2 issued 12-18-09, NVC received date 12-24-09, NOA2 paper copy received 12-28-09, NVC sent date 12-29-09, Embassy received date 01-05-10, Medical 01-07-10 & 01-11-10 approved/ passed, Interview date 01-14-10 APPROVED! MY HONEY'S COMING!, Visa delivered 1-27-10 Manila time, Arrival in U.S. 2-4-10 POE Minneapolis/ St. Paul

Married! 2-14-10 in Las Vegas

AOS:

Applied for SSN 2-17-10 Received SSN and Cert. Marriage Cert. 3-2-10

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

AOS paperwork confirmed delivered 3-4-10

Email/ text notification of NOA1s 3-12-10

*touch* 3-15-10 AOS & EAD

Paper copy NOA1s received 3-16-10

*touch* 3-17-10 AOS & EAD

Received biometrics appointment letter 3-20-10, appointment set for 4-12-10

Case transferred to CSC 3-31-10!! Yay!!

Received email notice 4-6-10 I-485 received at CSC

Biometrics done 4-12-10, Milwaukee, WI ASC

Vicky got her driving permit, 4-12-10

*touch* 4-13-10 AOS & EAD

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

EAD card production ordered 5-14-10.

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

EAD card production ordered 5-19-10 (again?)

Received "Welcome to USA" letter 5-25-10, permanent resident application approved!

EAD card received 5-29-10

Greencard received 6-11-10

Positive pregnancy test 6-12-10

Timeline
Vicky got a clearance from UAE. She contacted the UAE embassy, they told her what form to submit and she had to have one of her ex co-workers submit it in UAE. Then her ex-coworker was able to pick it up when it was finished processing and shipped it to Vicky. Besides the request for police clearance she also had to send an authorization letter for her friend to submit the paper.

With this letter you linked I doubt you'll need the clearance, but it really wasn't that hard to obtain. It was done processing in 3-5 business days.

They made a clerical error (in translation I think) on the original one, she already has the corrected one in her possession; so we've actually done this twice.

Actually spending money and meeting the requirements for a PC that you actually doesn't need is a waste. In my case, I have to go and get my Fingerprints done in the Police and waited almost a month for the DFA and UAE Authentication. Spent countless phone cards calling Dubai Police HQ and sending them mails ending to confusion and dilemma.

For all the Filipinos working previously in Dubai and planning to file K1 Visa petition in USEM, just go and get your PC done before leaving the country for good and that will be enough.

Good luck to everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.