M.

Atlanta Airport

1 post in this topic

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this topic, but I know there's been some complaints in this forum recently of fiances with K1 visas being hasselled at Atlanta, detained for long periods of time, or even deported. I happened to see this and thought it was relevant:

"Marshals: Innocent People Placed On 'Watch List' To Meet Quota"

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9559707/detail.html

"Innocent passengers are being entered into an international intelligence database as suspicious persons, acting in a suspicious manner on an aircraft ... and they did nothing wrong," said one federal air marshal....

What kind of impact would it have for a flying individual to be named in an SDR(Surveillance Detection Report)?

"That could have serious impact ... They could be placed on a watch list. They could wind up on databases that identify them as potential terrorists or a threat to an aircraft. It could be very serious," said Don Strange, a former agent in charge of air marshals in Atlanta. He lost his job attempting to change policies inside the agency.

Timeline of David's Petition to Remove Conditions:

08-01-2009 I-751 Mailed to VSC

09-01-2009 I-751 received at VSC

12-01-2009 Notice of Action/Receipt received

22-01-2009 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

06-02-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Newark, NJ

05-06-2009 Received notice that removal of conditions has been approved!

David's K1 Timeline Available here

David's AOS Timeline Available here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.