jonesg111

Additional proof of domicile

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just curious for those that at the interview were asked to submit additional "proof of domicile", how long after you mailed it in did you get your visa? They were saying at our interview that once we mailed in the additional documents we would see it within 2 weeks.

Now we have not sent anything in just yet since we're waiting for our condo to sell and we have one year to send in those documents. We just wanted to make sure we were not up against a 6 month deadline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hubby's was approved a little over 2 weeks after sending it in, but the visa showed up a little later but that was due to the weather, holidays, and where it was being sent to i suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Just curious for those that at the interview were asked to submit additional "proof of domicile", how long after you mailed it in did you get your visa? They were saying at our interview that once we mailed in the additional documents we would see it within 2 weeks.

Now we have not sent anything in just yet since we're waiting for our condo to sell and we have one year to send in those documents. We just wanted to make sure we were not up against a 6 month deadline.

sent evidence last week - they confirmed via email this week that they have received it and are reviewing it. Will let you know when it is approved/issued.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

sent evidence last week - they confirmed via email this week that they have received it and are reviewing it. Will let you know when it is approved/issued.

Quick update - received email yesterday exactly 5 weeks after sending evidence that visa has been issued and we should recvieve it this week. I would say 4 - 6 weeks is the right range for this processing.

Timeline

Quick update - received email yesterday exactly 5 weeks after sending evidence that visa has been issued and we should recvieve it this week. I would say 4 - 6 weeks is the right range for this processing.

Thanks for the update!

Timeline

Thanks for the update!

They emailed us last Monday that visa has been issued and you shoud recieve it this week. We have not received it yet. I thought the mailer takes two days only - is this normal?

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for the update!

They emailed us last Monday that visa has been issued and you shoud recieve it this week. We have not received it yet. I thought the mailer takes two days only - is this normal?

Have you got anything from them yet?

Timeline
Nope - they said that thye sent email in error. we are still waiting 9 weeks in. There is another member waiting for 7 weeks now. No idea what is going on but it seems like there are significant delays

We sent in our stuff on Friday, the tracking number said it was received this morning. Hopefully we get a response quick!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Good for you Ink!

I just got a letter in the mail as well..... I will post more on a new thread but it was a rejection letter!!! They said they need to see additional proof of domicile!!! How in the world am I supposed to do that?!?!?! I sent in what they requested, job letter for my wife the USC, rental agreement, bank statements, moving quote, voter registration, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now I am quite mad... can you tell?

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi Jones

Sorry to bug you I have been

following your journey, and read the correspondence with

Montreal and your Senator.

Did you finally get your Visa? I looked carefully

but didn't see a follow up to your story after that correspondance.

Many thanks,

Michelle

(I am sure you won't be surprised to hear that my husband's Visa was

refused last week because of my lack of proof of domicile!)

Good for you Ink!

I just got a letter in the mail as well..... I will post more on a new thread but it was a rejection letter!!! They said they need to see additional proof of domicile!!! How in the world am I supposed to do that?!?!?! I sent in what they requested, job letter for my wife the USC, rental agreement, bank statements, moving quote, voter registration, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now I am quite mad... can you tell?

Timeline

Hi Jones

Sorry to bug you I have been

following your journey, and read the correspondence with

Montreal and your Senator.

Did you finally get your Visa? I looked carefully

but didn't see a follow up to your story after that correspondance.

Many thanks,

Michelle

(I am sure you won't be surprised to hear that my husband's Visa was

refused last week because of my lack of proof of domicile!)

Well, I will post a new thread, but the Senator's office called me today and said they had contacted Montreal and were told that it was mailed on Saturday. So we should have it sometime this week!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.