antda

N-400: 1 House/Property and 2 Addresses...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be filing my N-400 in August, but am organizing the paperwork for that now. I am also currently in the middle of a new home purchase and am expecting a new baby.

However, I just found out this week that where I will be moving in mid-July and will have 2 addresses, as follows:

1) Address A (where the house and land is in, where we pay taxes in, where the school district is in)

(physical address)

-"Town A", ASC/local office: Buffalo NY

2) Address B (where the mailing address and mailbox will be in...)

(mailing address)

-"Town B", ASC office: Buffalo NY, local office: Rochester NY

Which address will the USCIS use in determination of my N-400 case? Physical address or Mailing address?

Should I even mention about my two addresses, or not mention anything about it at all (only mention about one of the addresses and pray that the USCIS doesn't lose my mail in the meantime)?

Which address should I use for the N-400? Should I put in more than one address on that form? Can I put more than one address on the form? If so, how should I do this?

Which address should I use for the AR-11 (alien change of address) and I-865 (sponsor change of address)? Should I put in more than one address on these forms? Can I put more than one address on these forms? If so, how should I do this? When should I file these forms? As soon as I move, filing them separately (in mid-end July)? Or with my N-400, filing them together with that application (beginning-mid August)?

My current ASC/local center is in Buffalo, NY, so will it still be the same when I move? Do I have to explain about such? If it is different, will there be any delays in my case?

Stupid question: What is the difference between a ASC center and a local center?

I will also enclosed a notarized letter from the town clerk, explaining this double address dilemma. Will this help too? Will I need any other information and/or documents needed to further explain this dilemma?

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ant (2 addresses, 1 new home....confused.... :wacko: )

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be filing my N-400 in August, but am organizing the paperwork for that now. I am also currently in the middle of a new home purchase and am expecting a new baby.

However, I just found out this week that where I will be moving in mid-July and will have 2 addresses, as follows:

1) Address A (where the house and land is in, where we pay taxes in, where the school district is in)

(physical address)

-"Town A", ASC/local office: Buffalo NY

2) Address B (where the mailing address and mailbox will be in...)

(mailing address)

-"Town B", ASC office: Buffalo NY, local office: Rochester NY

Which address will the USCIS use in determination of my N-400 case? Physical address or Mailing address?

Should I even mention about my two addresses, or not mention anything about it at all (only mention about one of the addresses and pray that the USCIS doesn't lose my mail in the meantime)?

Which address should I use for the N-400? Should I put in more than one address on that form? Can I put more than one address on the form? If so, how should I do this?

Which address should I use for the AR-11 (alien change of address) and I-865 (sponsor change of address)? Should I put in more than one address on these forms? Can I put more than one address on these forms? If so, how should I do this? When should I file these forms? As soon as I move, filing them separately (in mid-end July)? Or with my N-400, filing them together with that application (beginning-mid August)?

My current ASC/local center is in Buffalo, NY, so will it still be the same when I move? Do I have to explain about such? If it is different, will there be any delays in my case?

Stupid question: What is the difference between a ASC center and a local center?

I will also enclosed a notarized letter from the town clerk, explaining this double address dilemma. Will this help too? Will I need any other information and/or documents needed to further explain this dilemma?

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ant (2 addresses, 1 new home....confused.... :wacko: )

Use the physical address as the official address of residence in Part 4 a, the in Part 4 b put in your mailing address.

Agreed - I'm filling in the form as we speak, and there's a section for Physical Address, and right below is a section for Mailing Address

Good luck Ant!!

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I am not sure about the add. issue.

But the ASC is the place where you do your fingerprint, and the field office is the

place where you go for your citizenship interview and Infopass.

You could go to Application Support Center Locator and Field Office Locator at the USCIS

website.

BTW Ant - AR-11 has to be done within 10 days of move (I know you know that already :D), so if that corresponds with the date of your N400 so be it, but I'm pretty sure your AR-11 has to go to Vermont, and your N400 to another lockbox in Texas or AZ (depending on your state), so you're gonna have to send two letters out. For your AR-11, will USPS deliver mail to your physical address or not? Do they know to re-direct it to your mailing address? I would put your Physical Address on AR-11 but that's just my opinion...

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your quick and helpful replies!

RDan19 and Wannabe_texan

-That makes sense to put the physical address/residence in part 4a and the mailing address and part 4b. I'll do just that, and hope that the USCIS won't mess this one up!

Use the physical address as the official address of residence in Part 4 a, the in Part 4 b put in your mailing address.

Agreed - I'm filling in the form as we speak, and there's a section for Physical Address, and right below is a section for Mailing Address

Good luck Ant!!

WenRI

-Yes, I did look up the ASC and the local field offices online, and hence got the information that I mentioned earlier (Town A in ASC and local office Buffalo NY, and Town B in ASC Buffalo NY and local office Rochester NY). Would it cause problems though, that they are in different places? Will this delay my citizenship application? Which will they use to determine in my citizenship application? Which ASC and/or local center will I use?

I am not sure about the add. issue.

But the ASC is the place where you do your fingerprint, and the field office is the

place where you go for your citizenship interview and Infopass.

You could go to Application Support Center Locator and Field Office Locator at the USCIS

website.

Wannabe_texan

-Yes, I will file my AR 11 within 10 days of my move. I hope that it will somehow correspond with my N-400, so that I don't have to worry about it being inaccurate there. If the move is before though, someone else suggested that I also file it online for an electronic/pring out copy within the 10 days, so maybe that will help too? Also, from what I've read, the AR-11 goes to Kentucky, the I-865 goes to Vermont, and the N-400 goes to Texas, so on that note, I might have to send a hard copy to 3 different places...lol....

In answer to your question, no, USPS will not deliver to my physical address. All mail to the physical address will be "returned to sender", as "no address of that exists" and therefore it cannot be sent to me or forwarded. Hence I have a new different mailing address, and was assigned such already. It's confusing, and has something to do with small-town zoning laws...makes no sense.....

So if the USCIS or anyone else tries to send anything to my physical address....well, they can expect that piece of mail back....

I don't live at my mailing address...but my mailbox and my mail lives there....lol....hence, send the mail there, USCIS!

So what should write when I file for my AR-11 then?

BTW Ant - AR-11 has to be done within 10 days of move (I know you know that already :D ), so if that corresponds with the date of your N400 so be it, but I'm pretty sure your AR-11 has to go to Vermont, and your N400 to another lockbox in Texas or AZ (depending on your state), so you're gonna have to send two letters out. For your AR-11, will USPS deliver mail to your physical address or not? Do they know to re-direct it to your mailing address? I would put your Physical Address on AR-11 but that's just my opinion...

Anyone else have any other ideas, suggestions, opinons, etc? Thanks.

Ant (Confused..... :wacko: )

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Everyone,

By the way, to give you all a better understanding of the situation, I forgot to further mention:

Here is what my addresses will look like:

physical address (where the house and land is in, where we pay taxes in, where the school district is in)

(XXX street number and name),

Town A, New York, (zip code Town A)

mailing address (where the mailing address and mailbox will be in...)

(XXX street number and name) (same street number and name as physical address)

Town B, New York, (zip code Town B )

Notes:

-USPS will not deliver to my physical address.

-All mail to the physical address will be "returned to sender", as "no address of that exists" and cannot be sent or forwarded.

-I have a different mailing address, and was assigned such already for my mail and mailbox.

-It's confusing, and has something to do with small-town zoning laws...makes no sense.....

-So if anyone tries to send anything to my physical address....well, they can expect that piece of mail back....

-I don't live at my mailing address...but my mailbox and my mail lives there....lol....hence, send the mail there...

-As well, Town A in ASC and local office Buffalo NY, and Town B in ASC Buffalo NY and local office Rochester NY. Would it cause problems? Which ASC and/or local center will I use? Will this delay my citizenship application?

I hope the USCIS doesn't mess this one up!

Any other ideas/suggestions/opinions, etc.?

Ant (Confused... :wacko: )

Edited by AntandD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.