Mia2009

K1 Co-Sponsor Question (Manila)

21 posts in this topic

hello...

I have recently read a couple of posts here that most of the K1 applicants in Manila have been refused with a visa since co-sponsors are not allowed. has anyone gone through the same process?

my boyfriend has been working for a couple of years but decided to go back to school to earn his pharmD degree. our main reason was for him to earn more once we start having kids. he still has 2 more years in school and is currently supporting himself through a student loan. i will have my interview soon and i am worried. we have a co-sponsor and we have all the required documents.

Anyone from Manila who can advise me on this? if anyone can share their interview process and how they presented their co-sponsor's documents, please do. i have heard that they will not accept co-sponsor's documents in the pre-screening .. im just curious when the consul would ask for it, or if they even accept it at some point.... or should i mention it right before i hand in all my documents?

thank you so much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

During my interview last Feb, my filipina interviewer said they don't accept co-sponsor for K1 visas, we were lucky my fiance just started a new job and it is within the limit and they used that as a basis.

I think it depends on your interviewer because the others who are with me that same day and also have co sponsor didnt have problem at all.

07-23-2007 Sent I129F to VSC

08-10-2007 NOA1

11-28-2007 NOA2

12-10-2007 Arrives at USEM case number MNL2007834xxx

01-30-2008 Medical

02-07-2008 Interview ((APPROVED))

04-22-2008 POE Chicago

AOS

06-23-2008 AOS sent

07-05-2008 NOA1

07-23-2008 Biometrics

07-28-2008 Case transferred to CSC

08-03-2008 Touched

08-06-2008 Touched

08-07-2008 Touched

08-21-2008 Touched

08-22-2008 Touched

08-23-2008 AP & EAD Approved

08-30-2008 AP received in the mail

09-02-2008 EAD received in the mail

09-19-2008 AOS card production ordered

09-22-2008 AOS touched

09-23-2008 AOS approval notice sent

09-24-2008 AOS touched, welcome notice arrived in the mail

09-26-2008 GC received

9095.gif

hello...

I have recently read a couple of posts here that most of the K1 applicants in Manila have been refused with a visa since co-sponsors are not allowed. has anyone gone through the same process?

my boyfriend has been working for a couple of years but decided to go back to school to earn his pharmD degree. our main reason was for him to earn more once we start having kids. he still has 2 more years in school and is currently supporting himself through a student loan. i will have my interview soon and i am worried. we have a co-sponsor and we have all the required documents.

Anyone from Manila who can advise me on this? if anyone can share their interview process and how they presented their co-sponsor's documents, please do. i have heard that they will not accept co-sponsor's documents in the pre-screening .. im just curious when the consul would ask for it, or if they even accept it at some point.... or should i mention it right before i hand in all my documents?

thank you so much.

Hi. I recently had my interview and had problem with the co-sponsor thing. The consul asked me to submit my husband's notarized employment letter and I-134. My husband just finished studying too and were looking for a job even before my interview. He just got a job and will send me his employment letter...

Maybe you can call US embassy first to verify your case. Im also confused why they do not allow co-sponsors. Tell your husband to try to get a job soon, that can help too... goodluck and God bless you on your journey...

hi jodette - so talagang hindi nila tinaggap ang co-sponsor documents? kelan ung interview mo? baka hindi nila tinanggap ang co sponsor coz you mentioned that your fiancee just got a job and of course, this is to verify kung totoo nga talaga yung sinabi mo :)

baka pwede ka pa magkwento regarding your experience, it would greatly help us. my fiancee will not finish until 2 years from now pa, so i guess im in a very sad situation kaya help please :(

thank you so much!

Timeline
hi jodette - so talagang hindi nila tinaggap ang co-sponsor documents? kelan ung interview mo? baka hindi nila tinanggap ang co sponsor coz you mentioned that your fiancee just got a job and of course, this is to verify kung totoo nga talaga yung sinabi mo :)

baka pwede ka pa magkwento regarding your experience, it would greatly help us. my fiancee will not finish until 2 years from now pa, so i guess im in a very sad situation kaya help please :(

thank you so much!

Same here LMY, i want to know kung how much ba dapat maging qualified. At first were planning to ask her mom or my aunt as our co-sponsor in case needed. But as i read from other forum co-sponsor is not allowed in USEM Manila i think we need to prepare everything. My fiance is working right now but we want to make sure that his annual income is sufficient enough to support me. Do they have income requirements, if how much?

Edited by chunsan

=CHUNSAN=

MY JOURNEY:

I-129F Sent : June 24, 2008

I-129F NOA1 : June 27, 2008

Touch : July 15, 2008

I-129F NOA2 :Nov 20, 2008 - APPROVED

Medical Exam: Dec 10-11, 2008 - Passed!!!! Thank you Lord

Interview: Jan 08, 2009 - PASSED THANK YOU LORD

VISA Delivered: Jan 13, 2008 - at 9:45am Yahoooo

Flight to USA: Jan 22, 2008 - with my Fiance

Timeline
chunsan - he's got more than enough :) you do not have to worry

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Thank you so much LMY for giving me that information and link. My worry right now is our NOA2 approval sighs....wish within this week. Good luck to all of us here!!!

=CHUNSAN=

MY JOURNEY:

Hi there.I had my interview Last Sept.29,2008.We was worrying about co-sponsor too.My fiancee called USEM spoke to Grace and she asked my fiancee what is our household size and he said 3 (my fiancee,me and our daughter).Grace said poverty line for 3 people is $17,600 only since its I-134 form for K1...so we thought its $22,000...she said its only for AOS.But we still prepared a co-sponsor for back up just in case they will ask.So my brother sent me his papers and completed and signed I-134.

During my interview..I was so nervous.Grace was right.We didnt need a co-sponsor because my fiancee meets the poverty line.The pre-screener didn't ask for it and also the consul who interviewed me.I was waiting for the consul if she will ask for co-sponsor but she didn't.I was so happy when she said I'm approved.All my worries was gone that day.

Some VJ members here had co-sponsors too and the consul accepted it.So Don't worry guys.

Good luck!!!

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

thank you so much!

Same here LMY, i want to know kung how much ba dapat maging qualified. At first were planning to ask her mom or my aunt as our co-sponsor in case needed. But as i read from other forum co-sponsor is not allowed in USEM Manila i think we need to prepare everything. My fiance is working right now but we want to make sure that his annual income is sufficient enough to support me. Do they have income requirements, if how much?

Hi LMY and chunsan :) I will share my interview experience but i will keep it short. I had my interview last October 29, 2008. Before I was interviewed by the consul, there was a pre-screening by a Filipino screener. She asked about my documents and pictures and letters and emails and Affidavit of support. I my 2 folders to her then she asked me to wait for my number to be called. Then my number flashed and was assigned to a consul. The consul asked me some questions about name of my husband, where he lives and when we got married, when was the last time we saw each other... then he also asked where does my husband work...i told the consul that my husband just finished studying, she asked when. I told her it was last august 2008 and he is currently looking for a job. Then after typing on the computer, she said that she cannot issue the visa yet unless i submit my husband's notarized employment letter and a notarized I-134.

I was confused when she said that. Then i told her that me and my husband were told that if sponsor does not meet income requirement then a co-sponsor will do. Then the consul told me that it does not apply to the visa we applied. And she made it clear to me that I need to submit the documents then I can be issued the visa.

That's what happened...after the interview I felt really frustrated... i felt like my whole world tumbled down... i felt horrible that day and the days after that. But i feel better now. My husband just got a new job and we are about to submit the employment letter and I-134 to the US embassy. I hope that I can get visa soon this month.

By the way, I was told that no one is denied visa for k1 or k3 because they are still considered immigrant visa because your love one is in the US. So dont worry.. they dont deny visa, they just need documents to prove relationship and if fiance/e or husband can support wife...

Hope this helps... be prepared for everything and research, research and research:) God bless you on your journey...

Timeline
Thanks Jodette for sharing your experienced. You have same situation with my neighbor before. She's on K3 visa and her husband salary is not sufficient enough to support them. They waited for few months until her husband got a new job and submit to USEM the supporting documents needed. She's in the US now for 2years. I'm pretty sure you will get your approval too since your fiance got a new job. Congrats!!! I pray that you will get your approval soon.

=CHUNSAN=

MY JOURNEY:

thank you so much!

Hi LMY and chunsan :) I will share my interview experience but i will keep it short. I had my interview last October 29, 2008. Before I was interviewed by the consul, there was a pre-screening by a Filipino screener. She asked about my documents and pictures and letters and emails and Affidavit of support. I my 2 folders to her then she asked me to wait for my number to be called. Then my number flashed and was assigned to a consul. The consul asked me some questions about name of my husband, where he lives and when we got married, when was the last time we saw each other... then he also asked where does my husband work...i told the consul that my husband just finished studying, she asked when. I told her it was last august 2008 and he is currently looking for a job. Then after typing on the computer, she said that she cannot issue the visa yet unless i submit my husband's notarized employment letter and a notarized I-134.

I was confused when she said that. Then i told her that me and my husband were told that if sponsor does not meet income requirement then a co-sponsor will do. Then the consul told me that it does not apply to the visa we applied. And she made it clear to me that I need to submit the documents then I can be issued the visa.

That's what happened...after the interview I felt really frustrated... i felt like my whole world tumbled down... i felt horrible that day and the days after that. But i feel better now. My husband just got a new job and we are about to submit the employment letter and I-134 to the US embassy. I hope that I can get visa soon this month.

By the way, I was told that no one is denied visa for k1 or k3 because they are still considered immigrant visa because your love one is in the US. So dont worry.. they dont deny visa, they just need documents to prove relationship and if fiance/e or husband can support wife...

Hope this helps... be prepared for everything and research, research and research:) God bless you on your journey...

hello jodette, did they give you back your passport after your interview?

My Timeline~

03/13/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC via UPS

05/07/08 - I-129F delivered to CSC

05/15/08 - NOA1

05/19/08 - check cashed!

05/21/08 - NOA1 hard copy received

06/26/08 - touched! : )

08/14/08 - NOA2 via email : )

08/18/08 - NOA2 hard copy

08/22/08 - Approved from NVC

08/28/08 - DV paid

09/11/08 - USEM received (case number MNL2008xxxxxx)

10/2,3/08 - Medical @ St.Lukes, PASSED!!

10/15/08 - Interview Date (Lacking of Documents)

10/21/08 - Submitted Additional Requirement (Alex's Proof of Enrollment)

11/12/08 - VISA ON HAND!!! Thank you God!!!

01/28/09 - My baby's 2nd visit in Philippines

02/03/09 - Flight to US with my baby, POE: Detroit

03/03/09 - Courthouse Wedding day yay!

05/07/09 - Submit AOS Packet to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/18/09 - NOA1 for AOS,AP&EAD Received in Mail

05/22/09 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

06/05/09 - Biometrics Schedule at 3pm

06/07/09 - Church Wedding

08/01/09 - AP received!

08/04/09 - EAD card received!!! yay!

09/18/09 - Interview for Green Card!

09/21/09 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

OCTOBER 3 2009 I GOT MY GREENCARD

06/17/11 Sent I 175 to USCIS

06/20/11 Received and checked cashed

06/25/11 Received NOA1 in the mail

Hi alexlei:) Sorry i just read your message here in this post. Yes my passport was given back to me. Today I just came from embassy and submitted my husband's notarized employment letter and I-134. They took my passport and asked me to pay visa delivery fee. I pray that I can get visa this week or next week.

Goodluck on your journey. God bless you:)

Hi alexlei:) Sorry i just read your message here in this post. Yes my passport was given back to me. Today I just came from embassy and submitted my husband's notarized employment letter and I-134. They took my passport and asked me to pay visa delivery fee. I pray that I can get visa this week or next week.

sis, thesame thing happened to me during my interview, they said my fiance didnt meet the fiancial requirements to support me in the US cause my fiance is still a student. the CO returned back my passport and asked me to give the proof of enrollment of my fiance and the enrollment cost as well so that they can calculate how much money he make in a year, i wenmt back home, wrote my fiance to gather those requiremnts and so i came back to the USEM after a week to submitt the papers... luckily, after reviewing my evidences, they found out that he met the financial requiremnets to supprot me. I just got a text from delbros yesterday that they are now preparing to dispatch my visa.. thanks GOD its over.. its exactly 14 working days since i gave them what they asked for. Sis, Just pray, keep on praying and always believe that whatever you aske for in a prayer with faith, you will receive.... hope this wil help you... (L)

My Timeline~

03/13/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC via UPS

05/07/08 - I-129F delivered to CSC

05/15/08 - NOA1

05/19/08 - check cashed!

05/21/08 - NOA1 hard copy received

06/26/08 - touched! : )

08/14/08 - NOA2 via email : )

08/18/08 - NOA2 hard copy

08/22/08 - Approved from NVC

08/28/08 - DV paid

09/11/08 - USEM received (case number MNL2008xxxxxx)

10/2,3/08 - Medical @ St.Lukes, PASSED!!

10/15/08 - Interview Date (Lacking of Documents)

10/21/08 - Submitted Additional Requirement (Alex's Proof of Enrollment)

11/12/08 - VISA ON HAND!!! Thank you God!!!

01/28/09 - My baby's 2nd visit in Philippines

02/03/09 - Flight to US with my baby, POE: Detroit

03/03/09 - Courthouse Wedding day yay!

05/07/09 - Submit AOS Packet to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/18/09 - NOA1 for AOS,AP&EAD Received in Mail

05/22/09 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

06/05/09 - Biometrics Schedule at 3pm

06/07/09 - Church Wedding

08/01/09 - AP received!

08/04/09 - EAD card received!!! yay!

09/18/09 - Interview for Green Card!

09/21/09 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

OCTOBER 3 2009 I GOT MY GREENCARD

06/17/11 Sent I 175 to USCIS

06/20/11 Received and checked cashed

06/25/11 Received NOA1 in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Jodette Its nice to know that you already submit the requirements that you needed, my fiance is still looking for a job our lawyer advice him to work for a 1 month before he ask a letter from his new employer Is it true,. Ask ko lang how many days does your husband work before he ask a letter from his new Job., Thank you In advance

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sis, thesame thing happened to me during my interview, they said my fiance didnt meet the fiancial requirements to support me in the US cause my fiance is still a student. the CO returned back my passport and asked me to give the proof of enrollment of my fiance and the enrollment cost as well so that they can calculate how much money he make in a year, i wenmt back home, wrote my fiance to gather those requiremnts and so i came back to the USEM after a week to submitt the papers... luckily, after reviewing my evidences, they found out that he met the financial requiremnets to supprot me. I just got a text from delbros yesterday that they are now preparing to dispatch my visa.. thanks GOD its over.. its exactly 14 working days since i gave them what they asked for. Sis, Just pray, keep on praying and always believe that whatever you aske for in a prayer with faith, you will receive.... hope this wil help you... (L)

Alexlei wow congratz sa Visa mo, I had also problem with co-sponsor, Its nice to know some people who also the same situation as mine so I can ask and rely to there Experience, So i hope you dont mind if sometimes I ask some question to you.. GOd bless and have a safe trip soon

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.