ram^analise

my interview experience -->> april 8, 2008

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone,

to give you a background of our journey ...

jan 16 -->> we got our medical and interview schedule: medical - march 3 & interview - mar 10

jan 23 -->> i went for an early medical, day 1

jan 24 -->> i had problem with my chest xray and was scheduled for sputum smear tests on jan 28, 29, 30

jan 28-30 -->> sputum smear tests -- on the 30th i was told to come back the ff day for pulmonary evaluation

jan 31 -->> pulmonary evaluation -- i was told that all my smear tests were negative but i still have to wait for 8 weeks (sputum culture); after the interview with the doctor, i was told to follow-up the result on apr 2. i was given a piece of paper with the number to be called and name of person in-charge (clark).

Apr 2 -->> i called clark and was told that i can pick-up the result anytime. he told me to bring my appointment letter, official receipt from st luke’s, and passport. I went to window G, where clark is. he then instructed me to proceed to 2nd floor for immunization. i was called at the doctors’ room. the doctor told me that since my pregnancy test was conducted long before, i needed to redo it. she gave me a stub and told me to pay P495 at the cashier’s in 5th floor. after payment i was instructed to go to 4th floor for the urine collection. when result was out, i was instructed to proceed to 2nd floor and wait for further instruction. after about 20mins, i was called to the immunization room and was given MMR. i then proceeded to ground floor for the releasing of the xray film and vaccination sheet. since my appointment for embassy interview has lapsed i was given a new schedule, apr 8, 730am. thanks god!

apr 8 -->>

i arrived at the embassy ground at 515am and was called to queue at gate 3 at exactly 6am. the guard checked the appointment letter + valid id to gain entry to the embassy. next stop is the entry to the building where the interview was conducted. here you need to pass your bags thru the xray machine. just follow the arrows leading to the immigrant visa section. upon arriving at the immigrant visa section, another guard would ask for appointment time and will tell you where to get seated. the guard will instruct you when to queue to get your ticket stub. just relax and read the interview instructions shown on the tv monitor. they present it both in english and tagalog.

step 1. obtaining a ticket stub -- here you have to submit the appointment letter and ALL DS forms. in my case, like what others advised here in vj, i filled-up that portion of ds-156k where it says DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE: my fiance/e's name, signature, date today, and place (Manila, Philippines). once you get the stub, time to start waiting for next action.

step 2. finger scanning -- i heard my name called over the PA system for finger scanning at window 16. there is an assistant there who will get the stub and help in the scanning. once done, i got my stub back and returned to my seat.

step 3. submission of documents -- i saw my number flashed on the board (6027) and the corresponding window number, 14. i greeted the filipino pre-screener good morning. he asked what my petitioner's name is and i said so. then he asked for the ff: (a) my fiance's affidavit of support -- he returned the 1st 2 pages of the i-134 which purely contain instructions in filling it up; (B) my fiance's income tax return -- i gave 2006 and 2007 but he just got 2007 and returned the other; © w2 -- i gave 2005, 2006, 2007 but he just got 2007; (d) birth certificate; (e) nbi clearance; and (F) cenomar. he asked me if i have photos. i tried to slip-in my 20-page clear folder full of photos but he told me to just flip the pages and i did so. he asked me a couple of questions and noted my answers in a piece of paper: when and where did you meet your petitioner? have you ever been out of the country and where? when was the last time you were together in person?

step 4. interview with the consul -- interviews with the consul are conducted in a closed door cubicle or at least semi-closed. i was assigned in window 27. the consul was a lady in her late 20's or early 30's i should say. she was not very friendly when i got in. she did not even smile. as far as i can remember, she asked me the ff questions: what is your name? your petitioner's name? what website did you meet? what does he do for a living? how old are you? how old is your petitioner? have you been married before? how about your petitioner? so neither of you have been married? any children? how about your petitioner? so neither of you have children? what took you so long to get married? how many times did he visit you? when was the last time he visited you? what made you decide to get married? what is your petitioner's occupation? how many people live with your petitioner? where does he live? what is his ethnicity? do you know where he went to college? does your petitioner have any brother or sister? have you ever applied for a us visa? did you work in canada? have you ever been out of the country? many more ?s i cant recall. rest assured all of them are related to the documents you submitted. in my case, she did not even look at me when she asked and when i answered her. she kept looking at the documents. at one point she was browsing the 129f folder that my fiance submitted. just know your fiance by heart and you will be fine. she also read the notes taken by the filipino pre-screener and asked questions from there. the last question asked of me was 'do you have a photo album?'. i slipped in my clear folder to her and she browsed thru it. after returning it to me, she said 'looks everything is fine. just wait for your name to be called at the releasing' . to confirm what i just heard from her, i asked her if i am approved. she said 'yes you are' and she smiled at me for the first time. i thanked her and she said you're welcome (smiling).

step 5. releasing -- my name was called to window 37. i was given my appointment letter with the pink slip stapled on it. i was told to proceed to delbros to pay for the delivery fee and that i can go afterwards.

step 6. payment -- at a delbros counter i was asked to fill-up a form. when done, i paid P250 and that's it!

we can't thank god enough for answering our prayers. we are now waiting for the delivery of my visa.

to everyone who posted here, thank you for generously sharing your experiences. without a doubt it made our journey a lot easier.

godbless everyone.

ram & analise

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to you ram and analise :dancing:

Gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline
hi everyone,

to give you a background of our journey ...

jan 16 -->> we got our medical and interview schedule: medical - march 3 & interview - mar 10

jan 23 -->> i went for an early medical, day 1

jan 24 -->> i had problem with my chest xray and was scheduled for sputum smear tests on jan 28, 29, 30

jan 28-30 -->> sputum smear tests -- on the 30th i was told to come back the ff day for pulmonary evaluation

jan 31 -->> pulmonary evaluation -- i was told that all my smear tests were negative but i still have to wait for 8 weeks (sputum culture); after the interview with the doctor, i was told to follow-up the result on apr 2. i was given a piece of paper with the number to be called and name of person in-charge (clark).

Apr 2 -->> i called clark and was told that i can pick-up the result anytime. he told me to bring my appointment letter, official receipt from st luke’s, and passport. I went to window G, where clark is. he then instructed me to proceed to 2nd floor for immunization. i was called at the doctors’ room. the doctor told me that since my pregnancy test was conducted long before, i needed to redo it. she gave me a stub and told me to pay P495 at the cashier’s in 5th floor. after payment i was instructed to go to 4th floor for the urine collection. when result was out, i was instructed to proceed to 2nd floor and wait for further instruction. after about 20mins, i was called to the immunization room and was given MMR. i then proceeded to ground floor for the releasing of the xray film and vaccination sheet. since my appointment for embassy interview has lapsed i was given a new schedule, apr 8, 730am. thanks god!

apr 8 -->>

i arrived at the embassy ground at 515am and was called to queue at gate 3 at exactly 6am. the guard checked the appointment letter + valid id to gain entry to the embassy. next stop is the entry to the building where the interview was conducted. here you need to pass your bags thru the xray machine. just follow the arrows leading to the immigrant visa section. upon arriving at the immigrant visa section, another guard would ask for appointment time and will tell you where to get seated. the guard will instruct you when to queue to get your ticket stub. just relax and read the interview instructions shown on the tv monitor. they present it both in english and tagalog.

step 1. obtaining a ticket stub -- here you have to submit the appointment letter and ALL DS forms. in my case, like what others advised here in vj, i filled-up that portion of ds-156k where it says DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE: my fiance/e's name, signature, date today, and place (Manila, Philippines). once you get the stub, time to start waiting for next action.

step 2. finger scanning -- i heard my name called over the PA system for finger scanning at window 16. there is an assistant there who will get the stub and help in the scanning. once done, i got my stub back and returned to my seat.

step 3. submission of documents -- i saw my number flashed on the board (6027) and the corresponding window number, 14. i greeted the filipino pre-screener good morning. he asked what my petitioner's name is and i said so. then he asked for the ff: (a) my fiance's affidavit of support -- he returned the 1st 2 pages of the i-134 which purely contain instructions in filling it up; (B) my fiance's income tax return -- i gave 2006 and 2007 but he just got 2007 and returned the other; © w2 -- i gave 2005, 2006, 2007 but he just got 2007; (d) birth certificate; (e) nbi clearance; and (F) cenomar. he asked me if i have photos. i tried to slip-in my 20-page clear folder full of photos but he told me to just flip the pages and i did so. he asked me a couple of questions and noted my answers in a piece of paper: when and where did you meet your petitioner? have you ever been out of the country and where? when was the last time you were together in person?

step 4. interview with the consul -- interviews with the consul are conducted in a closed door cubicle or at least semi-closed. i was assigned in window 27. the consul was a lady in her late 20's or early 30's i should say. she was not very friendly when i got in. she did not even smile. as far as i can remember, she asked me the ff questions: what is your name? your petitioner's name? what website did you meet? what does he do for a living? how old are you? how old is your petitioner? have you been married before? how about your petitioner? so neither of you have been married? any children? how about your petitioner? so neither of you have children? what took you so long to get married? how many times did he visit you? when was the last time he visited you? what made you decide to get married? what is your petitioner's occupation? how many people live with your petitioner? where does he live? what is his ethnicity? do you know where he went to college? does your petitioner have any brother or sister? have you ever applied for a us visa? did you work in canada? have you ever been out of the country? many more ?s i cant recall. rest assured all of them are related to the documents you submitted. in my case, she did not even look at me when she asked and when i answered her. she kept looking at the documents. at one point she was browsing the 129f folder that my fiance submitted. just know your fiance by heart and you will be fine. she also read the notes taken by the filipino pre-screener and asked questions from there. the last question asked of me was 'do you have a photo album?'. i slipped in my clear folder to her and she browsed thru it. after returning it to me, she said 'looks everything is fine. just wait for your name to be called at the releasing' . to confirm what i just heard from her, i asked her if i am approved. she said 'yes you are' and she smiled at me for the first time. i thanked her and she said you're welcome (smiling).

step 5. releasing -- my name was called to window 37. i was given my appointment letter with the pink slip stapled on it. i was told to proceed to delbros to pay for the delivery fee and that i can go afterwards.

step 6. payment -- at a delbros counter i was asked to fill-up a form. when done, i paid P250 and that's it!

we can't thank god enough for answering our prayers. we are now waiting for the delivery of my visa.

to everyone who posted here, thank you for generously sharing your experiences. without a doubt it made our journey a lot easier.

godbless everyone.

ram & analise

Congrats! I love happy endings!

Timeline

Congrats on your interview!

Also, thank you for the detailed information. This will be great to e-mail my fiancee so that she has an idea of the types of questions that may be asked.

God bless, you'll be with your fiance soon!

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :dance:

09/25/2005 - Date when I filed for Declaration for Nullity of Marriage (Manila RTC)

01/04/2007 - Met my Fiance on MySpace.com

05/04-12/2007 - First visit

07/16/2007 - Pre - Trial hearing

10/05/2007 - First hearing

01/11/2008 - Decision granted

02/13/2008 - Court released the finality

02/22/2008 - Sent my fiance all the docs needed to file for a K-1

03/12/2008 - Received the docs that i sent him

03/13/2008 - I129F sent to CSC

03/14/2008 - I129F delivered at CSC signed for by E.Galindo at 11:10AM

03/20/2008 - Check cashed

03/21/2008 - NOA1 received thru mail

3LITRNoT3D_3tsZokYfsalAky26jxC9h.jpg

4389.gif

4407.gif

just wana say congrats!!! and happy trip comin' here. God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
Congrats and Goodluck.. :)

hello everyone,

thank you for all your good wishes.

jimmy and angela, i paid for the verification fee thru metrobank a day after we got our case number, jan 17. another k1 visa applicant whom i made friend with at the embassy was asked to pay for the verification fee at delbros (P650) in addition to the visa delivery fee bec she failed to pay it beforehand. we asked how long will it take for them to verify her records and we were told 3-6 weeks. another friend who was petitioned by her family also did not pay for the verification fee before her interview date (apr 4). she was asked to do the same after releasing and was told that verification will take 4-6 weeks.

we hope this gives an idea to those who are yet to have their interview.

goodluck everyone!

Congratulations nd thanks for sharing your interview experience.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.