Roster

Filling N-400 with TSC, while I-751 pending

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am sending my N-400 package. Before that, i want to make sure what i am doing is right.

I have 2 year conditional permanent resident card issued on 05/11/2005. I applied to lift conditions to TSC on 02/27/2007. Its recently got transferred to VSC.....still not approved.

Now i fall under 3 year lawful permanent resident (still 2 months to go, but 90 days bracket to apply) and i am in USA since July,2004 & married to USC since August'2004.

I gathered all the documents to send my N-400 package.

My Question is:

In the N-400 form Part-6, Part-7, asking about, where you lived, worked, traveled for the last 5 years.........do i have to write where i have been from last 5 years....while i am not permanent resident from past 5 years ?

In my case does it mean that i have to write for past 3 years where i have been? or at least since July,2004 will work ?

And following documents are included with this application:

• Fee, N-400 Application Form, Two Passport Photos.

• Copy of permanent resident card, I-751 extension letters.

• Copy of my wife’s birth certificate (USC), passport 1st page.

• Copy of our marriage certificate.

• Copy of house rental agreement for year 2006, 2005 and 2004.

• Our DSL, Telephone, cable bills.

• Bank statements (Current & Previous), checks showing our joint accounts.

• Copy of the tax statements for year 2006, 2005 and 2004.

• Copy of our driver licenses.

• Copies of various car insurance policies

• Copies of the titles of our cars, showing joint ownership.

• Copy of my 401K, life insurance beneficiary designation statement.

• Copy of our current health insurance cards showing a joint policy.

Am I missing any thing? Your input is greatly appreciated.

You provide info only for the past 3 years.

Here's a partial list of what the USCIS website has for list of documents to send with the N400:

Send copies of the following documents, unless we ask for an original.

If an attorney or accredited representative is acting on your behalf, send:

A completed original Form G-28, "Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative"

If your current legal name is different from the name on your Permanent Resident Card, send:

The document(s) that legally changed your name (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court document).

If you are applying for naturalization based on your marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following four items:

1. Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years:

* Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth), or

* Naturalization Certificate, or

* Certificate of Citizenship, or

* The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse's current U.S. passport, or

* Form FS-240, "Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America," and

2. Your current marriage certificate, and

3. Proof of termination of all prior marriages of your spouse - divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s); and

4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:

* Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or

* Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or

* An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.

If you were married before, send:

Proof that all earlier marriages ended - divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s);

If you were previously in the U.S. military service, send:

A completed original Form G-325B, "Biographic Information."

If you are currently in the U.S. military service and are seeking citizenship based on that service, send:

* A completed original Form N-426, "Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service;" and

* A completed original Form G-325B, "Biographic Information."

If you have taken any trips outside the United States that lasted six months or more since becoming a Permanent Resident, send evidence that you (and your family) continued to live, work and/or keep ties to the United States, such as:

* An IRS tax return "transcript" or an IRS-certified tax return listing tax information for the last five years (or for the last three years if you are applying on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen).

* Rent or mortgage payments and pay stubs.

If you have a dependent spouse or children who do not live with you, send:

* Any court or government order to provide financial support; and

* Evidence of your financial support (including evidence that you have complied with any court or government order), such as:

o Cancelled checks,

o Money and receipts,

o A court or agency printout of child support payments,

o Evidence of wage garnishments,

o A letter from the parent or guardian who cares for your children.

If you answer "Yes" to any of Questions 1 through 14 of Part 10 of form N-400, send:

A written explanation on a separate sheet of paper.

If you answer "No" to any of Questions 34 through 39 of Part 10 of form N-400, send:

A written explanation on a separate sheet of paper.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.