cadman76

Post “Approval”, Administrative Review/Document Verification Nightmare

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancé had her interview at the US Embassy in Manila on January 7th and was approved. For a while it was a very happy event. Then she received a phone call on January 14th asking why she did not pay the Document Verification fee to Delbros when in fact she had done everything and followed the process at the Metrobank in Davao City on December 20th. She was asked to fax a copy of the receipt and did so that day. Since then weekly calls to Grace at the Embassy with inquiries are answered with “be patientâ€. Calls to Ms. Allen at Delbros are also answered with “be patientâ€. Here we sit over 7 weeks since the “approval†and still no visa in hand. Oh, we did receive a phone call this week stating that her NBI document expired on February 13th and that she would have to provide another one.

Other than just venting, I am providing this post to add or add to some suggestions. Some of these were already covered in other posts by many before me, I just did not listen. So my suggestions based on this experience are as follows;

• Do not be in to much of a rush to get documents to far in advance before the interview as they expire. When other unforeseen stuff happens you will want documents with expiration dates as far out as possible so get them as close to the scheduled interview as you can. Some take time to get so make sure to factor that into your timing.
  • Follow the “updated†process for the Document Verification fee. Send the text, send the fax, call and email Delbros for verification of payment. Also, do this as soon as you get a record number from the Embassy and an interview date. You want this to be completed by the day of your interview. This is especially important if some of your fiancée’s documents are from a more remote Province where Document Verification will take even longer to process. Fortunately Delbros is pretty responsive with feedback.
  • DO NOT schedule flights until your fiancé has the visa in hand, or at least please understand it could be a huge risk.
  • Also do not expect too much from Grace or others that answer to the phone at the Embassy. They are not in any position of power or control. They can not get anything expedited, even if it was due to their or Delbros’ mistake. They have standard answers they give out, especially if your file is labeled “Administrative Review†in the computer. They will not supply anything concerning timing that you can plan your life around.
Thanks for listening and certainly Thank God for VJ. I can not imagine ever going through this process without VJ and the VJ community for help and support. Edited by cadman76

Our Timeline:

May 30, 2007 - Mailed K1 Application Packet to NSC

Transfered to CSC at some point

June 14, 2007 - Received NOA1 from CSC

June 18, 2007 - Check Clears

June 19, 2007 - Touch

November 2, 2007 Touch and NOA2 Approved

November 4, 2007 Touch

November 16, 2007, Arrives at NVC

November 19, 2007, Shipped to Manila

November 21, Received Letter from NVC

December 20th, Paid Delbros Doc Verification at Metrobank

December 27th - Medical - Completed and Okay

December 28th - CFO - Complete

January 7th. 2008 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 7th. 2008 - Receive VISA

March 20th. 2008 - Get CFO Stamp

March 21st. 2008 - Leave for Michigan from Manila, POE Detroit

April 1st. 2008, Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry that you have to be in AR for so long now. Your post (and others who had problems with doc. verification) will surely help a lot. In the past, there have been discussions on how recent should your documents be for the interview. In my opinion, it should be at least close to your interview, which is just proper but a lot of cases here didn't have any problems even though their papers were 6 mos. old. During my interview, my NBI clearance and CENOMAR were both about to expire 1 week after my interview will take place. I thought it was ok but then I said to myself "why not just renew them instead of taking chances and risk everything?"

Here's :thumbs: hoping that your fiancee will finally get her visa. Good luck!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

My fiancé had her interview at the US Embassy in Manila on January 7th and was approved. For a while it was a very happy event. Then she received a phone call on January 14th asking why she did not pay the Document Verification fee to Delbros when in fact she had done everything and followed the process at the Metrobank in Davao City on December 20th. She was asked to fax a copy of the receipt and did so that day. Since then weekly calls to Grace at the Embassy with inquiries are answered with “be patientâ€. Calls to Ms. Allen at Delbros are also answered with “be patientâ€. Here we sit over 7 weeks since the “approval†and still no visa in hand. Oh, we did receive a phone call this week stating that her NBI document expired on February 13th and that she would have to provide another one.

Other than just venting, I am providing this post to add or add to some suggestions. Some of these were already covered in other posts by many before me, I just did not listen. So my suggestions based on this experience are as follows;

• Do not be in to much of a rush to get documents to far in advance before the interview as they expire. When other unforeseen stuff happens you will want documents with expiration dates as far out as possible so get them as close to the scheduled interview as you can. Some take time to get so make sure to factor that into your timing.
  • Follow the “updated†process for the Document Verification fee. Send the text, send the fax, call and email Delbros for verification of payment. Also, do this as soon as you get a record number from the Embassy and an interview date. You want this to be completed by the day of your interview. This is especially important if some of your fiancée’s documents are from a more remote Province where Document Verification will take even longer to process. Fortunately Delbros is pretty responsive with feedback.
  • DO NOT schedule flights until your fiancé has the visa in hand, or at least please understand it could be a huge risk.
  • Also do not expect too much from Grace or others that answer to the phone at the Embassy. They are not in any position of power or control. They can not get anything expedited, even if it was due to their or Delbros’ mistake. They have standard answers they give out, especially if your file is labeled “Administrative Review†in the computer. They will not supply anything concerning timing that you can plan your life around.
Thanks for listening and certainly Thank God for VJ. I can not imagine ever going through this process without VJ and the VJ community for help and support.

hi!

i really wish everything will speed up soon and will get the visa ASAP... everything you've written is a reminder that anything could happen regardless with much preparation and much even more if less... you're right get the most recent one in terms of NBI, CENOMAR etc... i have to say as paranoid as i am, i renewed my NBI a week before my interview even if i recently applied for one just to make sure, so does my BC for that matter lol... my fiance and i was very scared in terms of the outcome in the interview (knowing it would be so surreal that we'll just go thru as easily as 1,2,3) so we have to go to the extent like everyone does here in VJ (10lbs worth of docs and evidence :blink: lol) and were so so blessed enough to get approved w/o issues and got the visa in 3 working days...

i really hope you guys will get the visa soon and for those who are still waiting after the interview :thumbs:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

Thank you so much for sharing this experience here. It is a very big help for everyone who are still on the filing process. I pray that you will get your visa soon!

Goodluck!

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Timeline

I can't imagine there are so many changes in procesing the visas now. In my time we don't have to pay extra for document verification. We just had to bring all the documents like NBI, CENOMAR on the day of interview.

There is no so much hassle.

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 They sent I-129F back saying form is outdated

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Nov 28, 2006 NOA2 approved

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 7, 2006 NVC sends letter saying it will be forwarded to manila in a week

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! Cant kick her out now!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

Timeline

NBI has an expiration date, i believe after a year it has been issued right?

How about CENOMAR and NSO certified Birth Certificate? do they have expirations too?

Thanks for your post. it was very helpful :)

04/25/08 - Arrived in Seattle!

05/18/08 - Wedding day

05/21/08 - Registered our marriage license

05/29/08 - Applied for SSN

06/06/08 - SS card received by mail

06/23/08 - AOS + EAD + TD sent via FedEx

06/26/08 - Package received at Chicago

06/30/08 - NOA 1

07/03/08 - Biometrics Appointment Notice for AOS + EAD received by mail

07/22/08 - 8:00AM, Biometrics taken at USCIS Seattle

09/04/08 - EAD approval notice received through email, card production in process

09/04/08 - touch

09/05/08 - I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the United States received in MAIL

09/09/08 - touch

Visit Our Wedding Website

How about CENOMAR and NSO certified Birth Certificate? do they have expirations too?

You will see the date of issuance at the very bottom of the NSO security paper... It doesn't say anything about expiration but you will always want to have a recently requested copies especially in dealing with USEM...

Edited by David-Mae Forever

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

NBI have a 1-year expiration. NSO-birth Certificate don't have expiration since this will not change (birth dates will not change), however, NSO-CENOMAR should at least be less than 6 months. Since they usually update CENOMARS every 6 months (additional persons added on the data base who got married on that month/year) and persons could re-marry within that time frame (which can happen).

Even with the expirations noted, it is alwasy advisable to have documents as recent as possible for the interview even if they do the document verification with Delbros. Since it is also a common knowledge about the fake documents going around our Country, they (USEM) just want to make sure that everything is in order.

CADMAN 76 -> hope your fiancee will get her visa soon.

Good Luck to everyone!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

[*]Do not be in to much of a rush to get documents to far in advance before the interview as they expire. When other unforeseen stuff happens you will want documents with expiration dates as far out as possible so get them as close to the scheduled interview as you can. Some take time to get so make sure to factor that into your timing.

[*]Follow the “updated†process for the Document Verification fee. Send the text, send the fax, call and email Delbros for verification of payment. Also, do this as soon as you get a record number from the Embassy and an interview date. You want this to be completed by the day of your interview. This is especially important if some of your fiancée’s documents are from a more remote Province where Document Verification will take even longer to process. Fortunately Delbros is pretty responsive with feedback.

[*]DO NOT schedule flights until your fiancé has the visa in hand, or at least please understand it could be a huge risk.

[*]Also do not expect too much from Grace or others that answer to the phone at the Embassy. They are not in any position of power or control. They can not get anything expedited, even if it was due to their or Delbros’ mistake. They have standard answers they give out, especially if your file is labeled “Administrative Review†in the computer. They will not supply anything concerning timing that you can plan your life around.

Thanks for listening and certainly Thank God for VJ. I can not imagine ever going through this process without VJ and the VJ community for help and support.

:innocent: THANKS FOR THAT REMINDERS. Now i am worried about my fee in delbros... :( im gonna call them on Monday if they got my fee last feb 1. I hope. Goodluck to you. I pray for the speedy delivery of your visa. GOD BLESS.

MY JOURNEY

* March 26,2008- Leave Philippines

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

* March 28,2008 - Arrived Orlando, Florida

* April 02,2008- Apply SSN

* April 18,2008- BRIDAL SHOWER

* April 20,2008- Rcvd my SSN

* April 26,2008- MARRIAGE

* April 28,2008- Rcvd my Marriage Certificate Documents

* April 28,2008- Change my name to my married name SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE

* May 01,2008- Got 2 Bank Accounts

* May 05, 2008- Rcvd my SSN with my married name on it

* May 22,2008- Got 2 Credit Card Accounts approval

* May 23-28,2008- Visit Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana

7061.gif

* May 31,2008 - Mailed my EAD- I-765

* June 04,2008 - Notice Date Rcvd

* June 09,2008 - NOA arrived (PROBLEM:My first name spelled incorrectly)

* Aug. 02, 2008- Rcvd a USCIS letter that they corrected the typo error

Fast Forward...

FEB 12,2011 - SUBMITTED I-751 APPLICATION TO VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

FEB 22,2011 - RECEIVED NOTICE OF ACTION ON I-751 APPLICATION

Timeline

I don't recall seeing anything in the package my fiance received from the embassy about a 650 piso fee. We did pay 131 I believe at a Metro bank in Cagayan De Oro thinking that was all we would be required to pay. She interviewed on Feb 6 and we had to pay 450 piso each for her and baby for visa issuance and also 650 to Delbros. Everyone else in her group that we know about received their visa within a week.

We have been waiting three weeks now. Please get the word out to pay. This is really causing undue stress on many people. The embassy was not too clear so we don't know for sure if she passed and we are just waiting for document verification or if we are in AR. How can we find out where we stand. All we have in our arsenal now are the many prayers we are saying. I know of another girl with child who is in the same boat. Do you think they automatically require Document Verification if a child is concerned.

Thanks

so you need to pay document verification fee other than delbros fee after the interview? how much?

You should pay the document verification fee before your interview to avoid delays of visa issuance. Not all applicants are required to undergo document verification. The fee is 650 PHP and the directions are listed on the USEM websiteunder Important Notice for Applicants:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

The document verification fee has been extensively discussed in this forum. Even though the USEM website states a two week delay the Embassy is saying 4 to 6 weeks. As cadman76 points out the doc verification can take two months.

Also, as in our case and others, DELBROS is delaying sending the doc verification fee or forgetting to send it. As someone suggested, call, email, and fax to ensure the information is forwarded.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

How can we find out where we stand.

If the embassy didn't ask her to submit some documents, I would say you are in AR because of the document verification... Get updates by calling USEM... Good luck and may your prayers will be answered!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

Timeline

UPDATE - Still waiting with no change. Supposidly the Embassy receive ALL of the paperwork from Document Verification more than a week ago. At the time, Grace stated to please wait a little longer. Still nothing and still no good information from Grace to plan anything on.

The Nightmare continues.........

Our Timeline:

May 30, 2007 - Mailed K1 Application Packet to NSC

Transfered to CSC at some point

June 14, 2007 - Received NOA1 from CSC

June 18, 2007 - Check Clears

June 19, 2007 - Touch

November 2, 2007 Touch and NOA2 Approved

November 4, 2007 Touch

November 16, 2007, Arrives at NVC

November 19, 2007, Shipped to Manila

November 21, Received Letter from NVC

December 20th, Paid Delbros Doc Verification at Metrobank

December 27th - Medical - Completed and Okay

December 28th - CFO - Complete

January 7th. 2008 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 7th. 2008 - Receive VISA

March 20th. 2008 - Get CFO Stamp

March 21st. 2008 - Leave for Michigan from Manila, POE Detroit

April 1st. 2008, Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My heart goes out to you, I hope you and your SO will get the visa soon...

Thanks a lot for the reminders... it sure help a lot.

God speed.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.