beng_and_carl

My wonderful medical experience at SLEC - Dec 12 and 13, 2007

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello my VJ family! Here's my wonderful medical experience (in bullet form) at SLEC, December 12 and 13, 2007 with Sis Mylene(cocoa) from WOF.

FIRST DAY, December 12, 2007

* Arrival = around 1PM at SLEC

* First Stop = the guard checked my passport, appointment letter (photocopy and original) from USE. he stamped the original and took the photocopy and stapled it to the PDS form. Then, he gave me the PDS form with the photocopy of my appointment letter. LESSON: be nice to Kuya Guard and thank him after. Ready and arrange the ff before you face him (Passport, Original and Photocopy of your Appointment Letter and your Smile)

* Fill Up the PDS form and check it twice if everything is well-written/answered and signed. Lesson: Don't rush. Presence of Mind and write everything well. If you wrote something wrong, never panic, put a line between that and put your initials (like i did, hehe). Use Black Pen. All the things listed in the medical experience in Sheriff Uling's Guidelines are still accurate. Thanks po!

*5th Floor for the payment at the cashier - P6090 ($145 x P43). Lesson: Prepare your payment beforehand so that it will be faster on the paying session. hehe.

*Submitted the duly accomplished PDS form to the US Reception which is right in front of the area where you can fill up your PDS form (sorry, i forgot the right term on that location. hihihi). The lady asked for my picture and asked me to sign some documents. the lady asked me to sign many times coz my signature at first were not that similar to my signature in the passport. so, i did it and i satisfied her. After submitting the docs, the nice lady from SLEC told us to proceed to the door at her back for the picture taking. I jokingly asked her if I can smile on that picture coz i didn't smile on my visa pics coz that's the requirement. and then, she smiled and said yes. Lesson: Never mind the girls if they are not smiling. They are busy typing the info from the PDS forms on their table. Imagine yourself on that job - you're concentrating on something and some people are bothering you. hehe. and most of all, dont forget to say thank you.

* Xray at the 3rd Floor, around 1.30PM. We used the elevator coz I was lazy using the stairs. We went to the counter and showed the nice lady our passports and PDS forms. She told ate mylene to proceed to the 4th Floor for the Lab tests (i think, to save time). while the lady was checking my docs, i told her that she has a nice santa hat. she smiled and laughed. we had some moment of chikka. hehe. then, i proceed to the dressing room. i disrobed my shirt and bra and wore the lab gown. then, proceed to the xray room. the lady was nice. Lesson: Show your smile and say thank you. Don't be nervous and follow the instruction of the lady in the xray room. Breathe DEEPLY!

* Laboratory at the 4th Floor, 1.45PM. I gave my passport and PDS form to the counter. after 5 minutes, she gave me a vial and a container with my names on them and i went to the laboratory room. nobody was there that time so i said hello loudly inside the room.. hehe...then, i checked outside and somebody signaled me to wait for a while. then, a tall and petitie nurse attended me. she did the blood extraction to me and it was not that bad. then, i went to the wash room at the most right side of the room. she told me to leave my things outside. after that, i gave the container to her with my urine and i went back to sit down in front of the counter to wait for the result of my pregnancy test. Lesson: Just be patient waiting for the result. Leave your things outside the cubicle of the CR when you get your urine. Dont be nervous during the blood extraction. Say thank you to the nurse who attended you.

* Vital Signs at the 5th Floor, around 2.10PM. I submitted my docs at the US counter at the right side facing them. Then, after almost 2 mins of waiting, I was called for the Height and Weight. And then, the same lady assisted me to Eye Check up. She was nice and gentle. After that, I waited for another 2 mins for the blood pressure. After that, I submitted my docs to the US counter and Kuya gave me a priority number for the Physical Exam. I was assigned to Room 7, Number 5. So nervous. hehehe. Lesson: Be attentive. You might not here your names to be called coz it was noisy inside that area.

* Physical exam at Room 7, around 2.30. I waited for almost 20 mins and when the doctor inside the room said, NEXT, i calmed and composed my self. She asked me about my medical history and if i have sickness that she didn't mention. So, i told her that i have a hyperthyroidism. the doctor couldn't believe that i have that illness coz the main symptom of

that is the person who's been affected by hyperthyroidism gets thin. i explained to her everything and she was even laughing a bit coz im fat to have that illness, meaning, it's not obvious. hehe. and then, i also told her that i had a typhiod fever in 2000. the doctor repeated some questions at the last part of our conversation. i guess, it's a trick to check my consistencies. then, she told me to remove all the things im wearing and lay down on the bed after. i did it fastly though i was a really nervous. i told her that im ok and ready, she checked my eyes, some parts of the body, my wrists (for suicide atempts), breasts and ofcourse, my booty. my heart was jumping that moment. hahaha.. and then, that's it! she told me to dress up and asked me some last questions. after that, i thanked her and even greeted her merry christmas. went outside. Lesson: Be honest with your answers. The doctors know if you are saying the truth. Just relax and be as natural as you are.

* Immunization Interview, 3.05PM. I showed my PDS form and passport to the counter and the doctor inside the room at the right side called me. she asked some questions about my vaccine history and then, she discussed with the vaccines that will be given to me on the next day. Lesson: Ask something about the vaccines that the doctor told you.

* Check-out counter, 3.15PM. I gave them my PDS form. the nice kuyas there gave me an appointment slip and my official receipt. I was told to be back at 1.30PM the next day. I have my passport, appointment slip and receipt that time.

SECOND DAY, December 13, 2007

* I arrived SLEC around 11AM. I was so early that time coz I was so anxious to get my result. hahaha... Lesson: Arrive on the time of your appointment if you dont want to stay and wait in SLEC.

* I showed my appointment slip to Kuya Guard 1 with my passport. He instructed to present it kuya guard 2 at the right side of the entrance door. then, kuya guard 2 checked my appointment slip, my record in their database and told me that my appointment time will be 1.30PM. So, i just asked him if i can proceed to the 5th floor to meet sis mylene (cocoa) who is having her PE (coz she didnt have her PE yesterday coz of her red flag. BIG LESSON!)

and he let me. but he put a stamp first to my appointment slip - IMMUNIZATION ROOM.

* I went to 5th Floor and met sis mylene. I also met sis joy, same interview with me. after sis mylene's PE, we went out together for our lunch. Lesson: make sure you have your stamp on your hand so that it will be easy for you to enter the SLEC premises when you go out. and have a nice meal. hehe.

* Went back around 12.35PM, 2nd Floor. I gave them my appointment slip and receipt. kuya on duty checked my papers and he told me that my results are still for signature by the doctor who did my physical exam. the doctor will be arriving 1.30PM onwards. so, i waited for more than an hour. made some chikka to some people beside me. the nice kuyas signaled me that my docs were signed already and wait for my name to be called in the immunization room. after 5 to 10 minutes, my name was called and i went inside. the nurses there were nice and smiling. then, it was my time now for my vaccine. the nurse who facilitated my vaccination was joking me if my fiance is handsome and i gave him a big yes. and i told him "kuya, you look like archie alemanya." he smiled and laughed. then, he gave me 2 shots for varicella and MMR. i even told kuya the amazing love story of me and carl. so that i will be calmed during the vaccination session. hehe. then, after my vaccination, i thanked them and greeted them a merry xmas. Lesson: Be attentive coz you might not here your names being called. Relax and smile.

* Releasing section around 1.30PM. I waited for more than hour for my name to be called again. Then, i was called in Counter A. Kuya there asked for my passport and 2 pcs passport pic and i gave them to him. After an hour, my name was called again in Counter C. Ate was nice. she asked me the ff questions: when is my interview, why i was confined last September and i told her because of stress; then, if my names, birthday and passport number are correct in the vaccination record, and i said yes po, ma'am. she explained to me to me that i should hand carry my xray film during my travel to the US coz sometimes, it is being asked in the POE. she also asked me if was the one in the picture (the one taken during the first at the US Reception). and i said yes. hehe. and lastly, she informed me that they will be the one to forward the results and my passport to the US Embassy for my interview. And then, hola, that's it. I thanked her and greeted her Merry Christmas! and she replied me the same with her smile. Lesson: Patience is a virture. Just wait for your name to be called. Be attentive. Thank the one who gave you the result.

* FINISHED around 4.15PM. I bought the xray holder, P50 each outside. I thanked Kuya Guard and greeted them and the vendors a very merry christmas. I was sooooooo happpppppyyyy!! and when i was walking outside, i saw the guys in the immunization counter and the one who gave me the vaccine - kuya archie alemania. hehe. they greeted me and i thanked them with my big smile. then, lastly, my merry xmas greetings. hehe.

General Observation:

1. People in SLEC were nice. Just be polite and follow their instructions well.

2. The other floors were not that cold except for the Ground Floor - the releasing section area.

Tips/Suggestions:

1. go to SLEC in the afternoon, 1PM.

2. always show your SMILE to the SLEC

3. make your receipt and passport handy

4. always give them your warm THANK YOU every after any procedure

5. remember, patience is a virture

6. be confident, smart and attentive all the time

7. be polite most of the time

8. when you're feeling bored if you're alone, chat with others beside you. but not too much coz you might miss your name being called in the speaker

9. prepare your things at least a day before your medical exam

10. if you are commuting, the fastest and most convenient transportation is the LRT 1. drop off at the UN Avenue Station. cross the taft ave and proceed to the WHO side. turn left at the equitable-pci bank building. and walk for less than a minute and you'll see the gray bldg of SLEC. you'll notice it easily coz there are a lot of people selling some plastic cases outside. hehe.

11. be on-time and or even earlier

12. most of all, pray a lot for guidance, strength and wisdom for the success of your medical exam. ask for prayers from your family, friends and VJ families.

* THANKS to our Lord, Mama Mary and Papa God for the answered prayers. I prayed them for a successful medical exam for me and sis mylene. I also prayed that the SLEC people would be nice to me and it happened. Me and carl would like to thank our family, friends and VJ and WOF families for the prayers.

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/03/07 - Engagement Day

06/05/07 - NOA1 according to USCIS Website

10/16/07 - NOA2 according to CRIS - THANK YOU OH LORD!

01/08/08 - Embassy Interview - Thank God! Thanks VJs!

02/23/08 - POE = LAX >>> Goodbye my beloved Pinas!

03/13/08 - Civil Wedding in 90210

04/19/08 - Church wedding in Azusa

AOS Timeline

05/24/08 - NOA1 dates for I-485/AOS and I-765/EAD

07/22/08 - Biometrics Appointment at South El Monte, CA for I-485 only; Application Touched!

08/13/08 - RFE letter received in the mail

08/22/08 - Reply to RFE sent...Oh Lord, please guide us!

08/27/08 - RFE response received; Case resumed

09/13/08 - EAD card received

12/10/08 - AOS Interview in Los Angeles - APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD FOREVER!

12/22/08 - Green Card Received - THANKS GOD!!! Thanks our VJ FAMILY!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline

09/13/10 - Form I-751 Packet Sent thru USPS

09/14/10 - NOA1 Date (09/15/10 on the uscis website)

09/15/10 - $545 Check Cashed

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Appointment

01/06/11 - ROC Approval Date/Card Production Ordered

Timeline

Thanks Sis!!!

I am planning to have my early med on dec. 18-19. he..he.. wish me luck???!!! :D

Thank you for your great and very informative Post!!!

it will helps alot!

Gudluck to your up coming Interview!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks and regards,

sopie

Timeline

THANKS po. may konting typo error sa version na ito. please the another version. hehe.

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/03/07 - Engagement Day

06/05/07 - NOA1 according to USCIS Website

10/16/07 - NOA2 according to CRIS - THANK YOU OH LORD!

01/08/08 - Embassy Interview - Thank God! Thanks VJs!

02/23/08 - POE = LAX >>> Goodbye my beloved Pinas!

03/13/08 - Civil Wedding in 90210

04/19/08 - Church wedding in Azusa

AOS Timeline

05/24/08 - NOA1 dates for I-485/AOS and I-765/EAD

07/22/08 - Biometrics Appointment at South El Monte, CA for I-485 only; Application Touched!

08/13/08 - RFE letter received in the mail

08/22/08 - Reply to RFE sent...Oh Lord, please guide us!

08/27/08 - RFE response received; Case resumed

09/13/08 - EAD card received

12/10/08 - AOS Interview in Los Angeles - APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD FOREVER!

12/22/08 - Green Card Received - THANKS GOD!!! Thanks our VJ FAMILY!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline

09/13/10 - Form I-751 Packet Sent thru USPS

09/14/10 - NOA1 Date (09/15/10 on the uscis website)

09/15/10 - $545 Check Cashed

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Appointment

01/06/11 - ROC Approval Date/Card Production Ordered

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thats a very inspiring experience and word of yours beng and carl you are absolutely right be thankfull of everything GOD give it to you and praise him to all your success in life and everything once again congtulations to your successfull medical this is a very eduactional post of the new comer .

I really appreciate this ,

Pineapple

K-I

129-F VSC 05/31/07

NO1  06/4/07

NO2  11/ 5/07

Interview  01/ 4/08

Visa Recieve  01/11/08

POE DI to ROC 01/15/08

AOS

Packet sent IL. 04/11/09

Bio. Appoint. 05/ 12/08

Card Production 7/17/08

Green Card recieve 07/ 24/08

REMOVING OF CONDITION

Sent packet VSC 4/19/10

NOA Recieve 5/01/10

Biometric 05/28/10

Card production 7/1/10

10 years greencard 7/12/10

N-400 Time Line June 2011

WoW!! Very Organize tips and Suggestions.. Congratulation!!

Also Thank You for sharing your experience.. :)

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Congratulations! :)

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Congratulations 'again' to you both :thumbs: Scheduled for Dec. 26th (wow, soon) pray that all will go well at St. Lukes

David & Jenny

Removing Conditions

5-24-2010 - Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS (receipt/signature required)

5-25-2010 - Delivered to Vermont Service Center & Signed For

6-1-2010 - I-751 Receipt Notice Received in Mail (dated 5/26/10)

*time Passed

7-30-2010 - Biometrics date: August 13, 2010

8-13-2010 - Biometrics Finished

*time passed

8-30-2010 - email received 'card production ordered'

8-31-2010 - touch (updated on uscis as approved)

9-4-2010 - Received 10yr Green Card ** Now we relax **

Congratulations. I enjoyed reading it. LOL

I remembered my medical exam. I even asked the kuya there in the US counter for picture taking if I am allowed to smile. lol He said yes too. That was funny. Oh by the way, the plastic holders are only P35 last Oct. Hehehe. They increased prices too. lol Good luck on your interview. We know u can do it. :D Aja!

~ Ledy

Nov. 28, 07 - Arrived in US with my asawa

Dec. 8. 07 - Received my SSC through mail

Jan. 19, 08 - Received welcome notice from USCIS 3x

Jan. 25, 08 - Got my GC

Sept. 4, 08 - Jody, our baby arrived

~Removal of condition Time line~

Aug. 5, 09 - Reminder letter from USCIS regarding my immigration status received

Sept. 8, 2009 - Sent I-751

Sept. 11, 2009 - Mail delivered to VT

Sept. 18, 2009 - NOA1 & extension letter DATED 09/14/09

Sept. 25, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received

Oct. 14, 2009 - Early biometrics

Oct. 15, 2009 - Touched

Oct. 23, 2009 - Scheduled biometrics

Dec. 31, 2009 - Approval letter received dated 12/24/09

Jan. 08, 2010 - Card production ordered

Jan. 19, 2010 - GC received

~Naturalization Timeline~

April 30, 2018 - Filed N400 online

May 1, 2018 - NOA

May 21, 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb. 5, 2019 - Interview and Oath Ceremony Combined

~Tatay's I-130 Journey~

March 8, 2019 - Filed I-130 for Tatay

March 15, 2019 - check cashed

a4tv.jpgyVHim7.png
btUi.jpgpvDTm7.png

Congratulations!!!

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.