lela27

filing form I-130

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everybody!

My sister just got her citizenship and she is thinking of bringing our parents to US. She met with a lawyer and surprisingly enough, he told her that she does not need an affidavit of support when filing Form I-130 for the adjustment of status. ( my parents came here on a B2 visa and they are still here in US). He furtherly told her that after she files the initial paperwork, CIS will send her requests for the affidavit of support, for fingerprints and for medical examination. Can somebody help me on this question? I just want to make sure my sister is not misled in her application process. Thank you.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello Everybody!

My sister just got her citizenship and she is thinking of bringing our parents to US. She met with a lawyer and surprisingly enough, he told her that she does not need an affidavit of support when filing Form I-130 for the adjustment of status. ( my parents came here on a B2 visa and they are still here in US). He furtherly told her that after she files the initial paperwork, CIS will send her requests for the affidavit of support, for fingerprints and for medical examination. Can somebody help me on this question? I just want to make sure my sister is not misled in her application process. Thank you.

I think this is not correct, based on a November memo regarding AOs and the I-864. The memo was pinned to the old AOS Forum, but I'm not sure where it is now.

The lawyer may be working off old information. I believe the AOS packet must be complete (including medical) or it will simply be returned.

You can always check the instructions on the USCIS webpage for Adjusting Status.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Hello Everybody!

I think this is not correct, based on a November memo regarding AOs and the I-864. The memo was pinned to the old AOS Forum, but I'm not sure where it is now.

The lawyer may be working off old information. I believe the AOS packet must be complete (including medical) or it will simply be returned.

You can always check the instructions on the USCIS webpage for Adjusting Status.

Per the Nov 23, 2005 Interoffice Memo, AOS submissions are to include the Affidavit of Support if filed after Nov 23, 2005.

The thread Ewok pinned in this forum has an incorrect URL.

This is the correct URL - http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handboo...upprt112305.pdf.

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline
Per the Nov 23, 2005 Interoffice Memo, AOS submissions are to include the Affidavit of Support if filed after Nov 23, 2005.

The thread Ewok pinned in this forum has an incorrect URL.

This is the correct URL - http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handboo...upprt112305.pdf.

DM, this one's broken too. Maybe run it thru TinyURL.com?

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

DM, this one's broken too. Maybe run it thru TinyURL.com?

Crikey! And search feature on Forum2 is a bloody nightmare, mind you

Well, it's vailable here.

http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-News/?a=363&z=21

And I've attached it below, in case it goes missing again!

Ok, I'm going to throw my computer in the sea in a bit. The file attachments did not load correctly, (yeah, none of the 3!! and why they were different sizes, i haven't a clue) but the file is on the link at visa pro. Wook or Ewok, snag this Adobe PDF file off VisaPro, and paste it somehwere here, please!

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

Timeline
Ok, I'm going to throw my computer in the sea in a bit. The file attachments did not load correctly, (yeah, none of the 3!! and why they were different sizes, i haven't a clue) but the file is on the link at visa pro. Wook or Ewok, snag this Adobe PDF file off VisaPro, and paste it somehwere here, please!

Oh, I was just going to tell you that... :)

Forum2 *is* a searching nightmare.

Oh, I was just going to tell you that... :)

Forum2 *is* a searching nightmare.

From the source; remove blank spaces

http://uscis.gov/graphics/ lawsregs/ handbook/ AffSupprt112305.pdf

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

What the dickens! Yes, that one works, but it has exactly the same file name as the one I posted, but it shrivelled up after I was done (no comments, please, it's not good for my ego!). :lol:

Also, here's a link to the newest policy changes, that includes the one mentioned above.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/chronpol.htm

"diaddie mermaid"

Timeline

heheh.. well, you know all about shrinkage and alternate digits, wot?

Did you see how Ewok magically fixed the link in his pinned post? eerie.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.