Cherel & Bob

Maybe some valuable info for scheduling interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been reading here about whether or not you should wait for the letter from the Embassy before you call to schedule the appointment. I just want to share what happened to Cherel and I with you all. The NVC received our files from VSC on 10/24/2008. I received a letter from the NVC on the 10/28/2008. The letter said that the files would be forwarded to Manila in approximately one week.

On 11/04/2008, election night here in the states, I called the embassy and spoke to Grace. She told me that the embassy had received our files but I would probably have to wait until 11/11/2008 before I could call and schedule our interview. She told me that there was no reason to wait for the embassy to send a letter.

Not being a patient sort of guy when I got home from work yesterday evening, 11/05/2008, I figured what the hell I'll buy a pin for 18 bucks to see if I can schedule an interview now. WOW I was shocked when I called. Paul at the call center was able to access all of our information. He asked me when I would like the interview. I jokingly said how about next week. He told me that he could schedule us for the 12th if Cherel already had her medical completed. (Apparently as soon as you get your MNL # from the embassy you can take that # and a copy of your NOA2 and have your medical completed). Since we did not have the medical done we scheduled our interview for November 19th. (the medical must be completed at least 1 full week before your interview).

Paul emailed us our appointment letter, I called Cherel, woke her up and told her to go ahead and go to Manila. I got her a room at the City Gardens Suites, the room was nice but Cherel said the air conditioner did not work very well.

As I sit here typing this Cherel is having her medical. She is nervous, I am nervous for her. So far the people at St. Lukes have been friendly and helpful.

So, has anybody else heard that you can have your medical done with just your NOA2 and MNL#? As far as waiting for a letter from the Embassy before you call to schedule your appointment I can only say Cherel and I did not do it and our appointment is scheduled almost 20 days sooner than we had anticipated.

Good luck to all

Bob

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

when we got our MNL case# we called for interview appointment, i didn't wait or received any letter from the embassy that time. when i had my medical in Manila the letter from USE Manila arrived. ;) i think ur fiancee will be fine. :innocent:

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your experience, Bob. It is very thoughtful of you. Truly appreciate it. :thumbs: I've been searching the whole PH VJ site for someone who can advise when to start calling and what number is more cost effective to use (1-909 or 1-888). We got our NOA2 around the time that you did (10/17) and my fiance received the NVC hard copy letter on 10/31. I've spent my birthday waiting in vain for the packet to arrive in Manila :crying: coz they said it should arrive within a week of 10/27. (Damn PH post office!) We plan to have the interview in Dec (not urgent) after I get back from Biz trip + side trip to visit him. But it's holiday season and I would really want to have the timings firmed up as a lot of things are on the line.

Good luck to Cherel with her medical and interview.

Rootbeer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.