robbie jeannet

just done my CFO seminar at ST mary

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone!!!... i just done my CFO seminar last week....i came from cebu city philippines, but got my cfo seminar at st mary's......i dont have visa yet but i take seminar in advance.... i think its near on citigold quirino avenue manila. i supposed to attend the 10:30 seminar but i came there late...the guard give me an instrustion where i will attend the cfo seminar and its the PRISM.. so, i hurry ride a taxi and go to the prism office, cant remember the adress but all i know is it is lacated in taft avenue,beside BDO bank...when i get there....the guard told me that i cannot able to attend the 10:30 seminar because i am too late, so he said that i just wait for 1 pm seminar...perhaps, he instruted me to regester first for 1:30 pm seminar, so, i go to third floor on that office where the seminar can be held and the acounting is located too. upon paying,they will going to ask your birth certificate, and the 250 pisos, after that, i hang around and wait for 1:30 seminar...the 3 hours wait done...and its 1 o clock already,,i get in the prism office.....stay at the seminar hall, and talk to somebody in there, before the real seminar started, the BDO bank will going to get maybe two or 1 and half hour of our time for their bank profit...sucks!!!!!!!!!( i expect that the seminar will be done only 2 hours)!!!!!!!at last the bank is done and its now the real cfo seminar......it is just a short conversation, and one on one interview to the interviewer...in my case, they ask a photocopy of my passport, original copy of divorce paper of my fiance and a photocopy of it, be sure to know the maiden name of your fiance!!!!! and later on...maybe 5 minutes to wait..you will be giver a yellow certificate, in my case, no need for me to go rigth away in the st mary cfo office to get the green sticker because i dont have visa yet, ill just get there when i already have visa, and ill just show my yellow certificate and fcorse 450 pisos to pay for the sticker!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
hello everyone!!!... i just done my CFO seminar last week....i came from cebu city philippines, but got my cfo seminar at st mary's......i dont have visa yet but i take seminar in advance.... i think its near on citigold quirino avenue manila. i supposed to attend the 10:30 seminar but i came there late...the guard give me an instrustion where i will attend the cfo seminar and its the PRISM.. so, i hurry ride a taxi and go to the prism office, cant remember the adress but all i know is it is lacated in taft avenue,beside BDO bank...when i get there....the guard told me that i cannot able to attend the 10:30 seminar because i am too late, so he said that i just wait for 1 pm seminar...perhaps, he instruted me to regester first for 1:30 pm seminar, so, i go to third floor on that office where the seminar can be held and the acounting is located too. upon paying,they will going to ask your birth certificate, and the 250 pisos, after that, i hang around and wait for 1:30 seminar...the 3 hours wait done...and its 1 o clock already,,i get in the prism office.....stay at the seminar hall, and talk to somebody in there, before the real seminar started, the BDO bank will going to get maybe two or 1 and half hour of our time for their bank profit...sucks!!!!!!!!!( i expect that the seminar will be done only 2 hours)!!!!!!!at last the bank is done and its now the real cfo seminar......it is just a short conversation, and one on one interview to the interviewer...in my case, they ask a photocopy of my passport, original copy of divorce paper of my fiance and a photocopy of it, be sure to know the maiden name of your fiance!!!!! and later on...maybe 5 minutes to wait..you will be giver a yellow certificate, in my case, no need for me to go rigth away in the st mary cfo office to get the green sticker because i dont have visa yet, ill just get there when i already have visa, and ill just show my yellow certificate and fcorse 450 pisos to pay for the sticker!!!!!!

:thumbs::innocent: First of all after checking your timeline, found out your done with your journey for 94 days!!!

Woot woot....what a great Christmas Gift...So happy for you...

This post is the post I've been looking for coz I am eager to really know what CFO is and where to get it....now I'm thinking after medical and while waiting for my interview date, might as well take CFO in advance...

Thank you for being generous to post your adventures here, it really helps newbie's like me :dance: :dance:

sum

Timeline

I'm totally confused about what my fiance should bring to the CFO because I keep hearing different things. I know she needs her passport but does she actually need a photo copy of it?

Also, does she need to bring evidence of our relationship to the CFO? I read this on one source. I also understand she needs a copy of my passport and also something that state's my singleness.

I'm totally confused about what my fiance should bring to the CFO because I keep hearing different things. I know she needs her passport but does she actually need a photo copy of it?

Also, does she need to bring evidence of our relationship to the CFO? I read this on one source. I also understand she needs a copy of my passport and also something that state's my singleness.

I know what you mean. It seems we get reports here of many different types. One pinay is asked for one set of documents, and then something completely different from anther Pinay. It is just outrageous that the nuns can make all these different demands. Especially after a visa is approved. Where is the consistency, and why do these nuns have so much authority to make up new rules and requirements as they go along? Im stressing more over the CFO than the interview.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

i told my fiancee to take all her papers with her just in case they also wanted a photo of us together. they wanted my divorse papers , i sent the orginals but told her i needed them back so they made copies, if you do medical before cfo they will take her passport , thats why you get copies, and birth certifacates, you should have a few cuz everybody wants one, supprized the damn taxi drivers didnt want one too :wacko:

I know what you mean. It seems we get reports here of many different types. One pinay is asked for one set of documents, and then something completely different from anther Pinay. It is just outrageous that the nuns can make all these different demands. Especially after a visa is approved. Where is the consistency, and why do these nuns have so much authority to make up new rules and requirements as they go along? Im stressing more over the CFO than the interview.

i think it's because there are two NGOs doing the CFO seminar - PRISM and St. Mary's. The nuns run St. Mary's (obviously) and I didn't have a hard time with their seminar. It was straight-forward and informative. I have heard of not so good things about the ones from PRISM though. Actually, it's because of the bad feedbacks on PRISM that I chose to go at St. Mary's instead.

i don't know with PRISM but St. Mary's do the one on one interview and that's where the documentary requirements vary. This is probably because the interviewees have different situations (e.g. no Visa yet or the fiance has been divorced, etc.) and so there are different papers that the interviewers want to see.

for those who have yet to undergo the CFO seminar, i suggest going to St. Mary's. As for the documents you need to bring, bring all pertinent ones specially passport, birth certificate and copies of it because they will keep the copy for their record.

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I was interviewed after the seminar, I was asked for our pics together (my fiance and I ), I did not bring any documents when I went to the seminar but my visa packet and my passport, I told the interviewer that I did not know I was supposed to bring. It would be better to bring some pics together, divorce papers (my friend was asked). And if they asked for something your fiancee doesn't have, just give a valid reason.

i told my fiancee to take all her papers with her just in case they also wanted a photo of us together. they wanted my divorse papers , i sent the orginals but told her i needed them back so they made copies, if you do medical before cfo they will take her passport , thats why you get copies, and birth certifacates, you should have a few cuz everybody wants one, supprized the damn taxi drivers didnt want one too :wacko:

When I was interviewed after the seminar, I was asked for our pics together (my fiance and I ), I did not bring any documents when I went to the seminar but my visa packet and my passport, I told the interviewer that I did not know I was supposed to bring. It would be better to bring some pics together, divorce papers (my friend was asked). And if they asked for something your fiancee doesn't have, just give a valid reason.

Timeline

are they actually gonna ask for original copy of the divorce paper???? why???? It's a seminar!!! aren't they supposed to just educate, talk about going to US or something????

are they actually gonna ask for original copy of the divorce paper???? why???? It's a seminar!!! aren't they supposed to just educate, talk about going to US or something????

They think they can ask for anything they want, and can be a real pain the A__, besides divorce paper, they ask mine, what size underwear I wore, copy of my birth certificate, copy of my passport, and requested a letter signed by her mother, stating her observation of me when she met me. They are a piece of work

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

They think they can ask for anything they want, and can be a real pain the A__, besides divorce paper, they ask mine, what size underwear I wore, copy of my birth certificate, copy of my passport, and requested a letter signed by her mother, stating her observation of me when she met me. They are a piece of work

Simply unbelievable. And it just keeps going on and on. The evil nuns that are throwing up one last obstacle for the Pinays trying to leave the country in seek of a better life and love in America. Even when American authorities have granted the visa to leave, the nuns are there to seemingly overrule the decision if they think Pinay should not marry the guy. It's almost like the nuns there have issues and belong to the church of the perpetually bad day!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Simply unbelievable. And it just keeps going on and on. The evil nuns that are throwing up one last obstacle for the Pinays trying to leave the country in seek of a better life and love in America. Even when American authorities have granted the visa to leave, the nuns are there to seemingly overrule the decision if they think Pinay should not marry the guy. It's almost like the nuns there have issues and belong to the church of the perpetually bad day!

Oh come on folks... they just do their job as they see it. As was stated, they are supposed to educate. To do that, they need information about you and your relationship. They are not evil. They want to discover if your relationship is real or not. They need to do that in order to discover just how they will need to counsel you.

Your visa was granted from the civil side of the government and now you are dealing with the religious side.

As I understand it, the Philippines is a mixture of both civil and religion in government.

I am not saying anything is wrong with that. Just that, that's the way it is...

They do what they do because they care about you. Not because they want to suck one last PHP from your pocket...

-P

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Timeline

i went to St. Mary's last Thursday. didn't want to go to PRISM coz everybody said they have a BDO orientation which takes soooo long. the seminar at St. Mary's was pretty direct to the point. they were correct in saying that the docs needed vary depending on your case. for me, before i went there, I called them to ask what documents i needed to bring. they said that since i already have a visa, i just need to bring 3 photocopies of my visa and 3 photocopies of my passport.

after the seminar, you dont need to go to the CFO head office anymore because they already have a CFO satellite office in St. Mary's. that's where they give you the CFO sticker and the green paper that needs to be stapled in your passport.

seminar started a little after 1:30PM. i finished the whole process by 4PM.

Edited by psycheice

K1 TIMELINE

Submitted I-129F: May 2, 2009

Received notification of approval: July 2009

Received letter for Interview: September 2, 2009

Interview: October 2, 2009

Received Visa: October 8, 2009

Flight to the US: December 25, 2009

Wedding: January 2, 2010

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
i went to St. Mary's last Thursday. didn't want to go to PRISM coz everybody said they have a BDO orientation which takes soooo long. the seminar at St. Mary's was pretty direct to the point. they were correct in saying that the docs needed vary depending on your case. for me, before i went there, I called them to ask what documents i needed to bring. they said that since i already have a visa, i just need to bring 3 photocopies of my visa and 3 photocopies of my passport.

after the seminar, you dont need to go to the CFO head office anymore because they already have a CFO satellite office in St. Mary's. that's where they give you the CFO sticker and the green paper that needs to be stapled in your passport.

Could someone tell me the locations of both, docs to bring & how much to pay?? My parents interview will be on Jan 11 and I wanted them to take their medical & seminar when they go to Manila this month. Thanks!!

I-R5 at USCIS California Service Center

Consulate: Manila Philippines

5/19/09 Filed I-130 at Chicago Lockbox

5/22/09 USCIS rcvd I-130

6/01/09 Checks cashed

6/03/09 NOA1 rcvd for both parents

8/12/09 Email approval for Dad

8/17/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Dad

8/20/09 Rcvd RFE email for Mom

9/08/09 Email approval for Mom

9/12/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Mom

NVC

8/19/09 NVC rcvd dad's case

9/18/09 NVC rcvd mom's case

9/22/09 Emailed DS3032

9/28/09 Paid AOS/ I-864 fee of $70 for both

10/08/09 rcvd emails: DS3032 accepted

10/08/09 sent I-864

10/09/09 IV bill generated for both cases

10/10/09 Paid IV bill $800 for both

10/13/09 I-864 rcvd by NVC

10/15/09 DS230 mailed to NVC

10/16/09 I-864 accepted & entered into the system

10/19/09 DS230 rcvd by NVC

11/02/09 rcvd checklist emails

11/09/09 sent RFE to NVC via UPS

11/12/09 NVC received RFE

11/19/09 AVR: checklist response rcvd 11/18/09

11/28/09 Log-in failed for both

12/01/09 Case complete as of 11/30/09

12/14/09 rcvd emails of interview date

01/04-05/09 medical @ St.Lukes done

01/11/10 Interview @ USEmbassy Manila 6:30am

Timeline

Could someone tell me the locations of both, docs to bring & how much to pay?? My parents interview will be on Jan 11 and I wanted them to take their medical & seminar when they go to Manila this month. Thanks!!

here's the CFO website: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com...7&Itemid=77. I'm not so sure about the specific steps on your parents' case coz i think it's different for spouses and fiance/es. but you will find the info there.

PRISM is opposite De La Salle University along Taft Ave, Manila.

St Mary's is beside the LRT Katipunan station in Quezon City. :)

You pay 250 for the seminar and 400 for the CFO sticker. P650 total.

i suggest you call Prism/St Marys first to ask about specifics.

K1 TIMELINE

Submitted I-129F: May 2, 2009

Received notification of approval: July 2009

Received letter for Interview: September 2, 2009

Interview: October 2, 2009

Received Visa: October 8, 2009

Flight to the US: December 25, 2009

Wedding: January 2, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.