Tanjay

February interviews at US Embassy Manila

568 posts in this topic

This is weird... Has anyone here have an 8:30am appointment? Or Is it me?

Seems that everyone have 6:30am

Is it because I am an IR-1? Others are CR?

Might be..sound abt right to me.. :thumbs:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is weird... Has anyone here have an 8:30am appointment? Or Is it me?

Seems that everyone have 6:30am

Is it because I am an IR-1? Others are CR?

Might be..sound abt right to me.. :thumbs:

Our appointment is 7:30...somewhere in between...6:30 & 8:30 :wacko:

February Interviews At USEM

Updated: 01-15-2008

February 4

Sheila & Brent (brentsheila)

April & Mark (huggyapple)

Tim & Maricar (Tim Y)

Dennis & Antonette (Tanjay)

February 5

Geene & Shaun (shining_angel)

(mel_keikilani)

February 6

Meryll & Ed (Edp333)

Candice Lynn & Christopher (bacbac)

Babylyn & Jeffery (captainjeff228)

Fe & Jeff (honeybear)

Darling & Robert (Darling & RG)

Eldalin & Victor (vic&el4ever)

February 7

Joy & Mar (ILoveJoy)

Raquel & Joshua (raquel_1208)

Juvie & Patrick (Lucky Lakaki)

Mars & Nel (dawnlake23)

Donna & Steve (Steve Donna)

Melany & Dominick (dommel)

Michelle & Patrick (Eternal Love)

Mayeth & Jeff (JeffMayeth)

Joy & Chris (melenet)

February 8

Abby & Ron (ripolo78)

Secret too & secret (bluebelle)

Sheryl & Matthew (mattandsheryl)

Cecile & Todd (todd1000)

Marivic & Mark (civiram hcl)

Nicks & Brian (nicks)

Sha & Scott (Sha and Scott)

Jovy & Daniel (Dan & Jovy)

Florenda & Jeremy (jeremyandflorenda)

(Ms.Credit & Mr.Credit)

Rona & James (jamesrona)

Zenny & Eric (Zenny and Eric)

Siena & Khris (Khris and Siena)

February 14

Seng & Alex (djturbo) CR/1

February 20

Rosemarie & Erick (Roserick) IR/1

Ailyn & Alex (alex68) CR/1

February 21

Xyrah & Anton (ngatameta) CR/1

Congratulations to everyone!!!!! :thumbs:

HEY!! every1 im new to this thread..add me in also..lol.. yeaaayyyy!!

feb 21 2008 6:30 am.. good luck to all of us and thank the Lord above..good luck ever1 and Godbless on our interviews :thumbs:

Congrats Anton!! You have been added.. Welcome to the February Club!! :thumbs:

Hey thanks Erick for the add!... Wooohoo our journey is coming closer to an end.. wow I cant believe it.. good luck every1!! :thumbs:

feb 21 2008 6:30 am.. good luck to all of us and thank the Lord above..good luck ever1 and Godbless on our interviews :thumbs:

Congrats ngatameta !!! Your VJ timeline has your interview January 21. :D

hahaha!! whooops..made a mistake..yea I got to change that..I think I was dreaming when I was typing that..hahaha... thanks for the welcome and goodluck :dance:

hahaha!! whooops..made a mistake..yea I got to change that..I think I was dreaming when I was typing that..hahaha... thanks for the welcome and goodluck :dance:

It is okay to dream. Dreams can come true!!!!! I am so happy for you both. Good Luck to you both....and God Bless you too!!!!

Hi everyone! Jay and I wish you the Best of Luck on your Interview. Here are the few things I've learned yesterday:

1. I'm under CR1, and my appointment is 8:30am, I was in by 7:15. My other friends went in as early as 7am. The guard calls interviewees as early as 6:30 for 7am applicants, afterwards they let people in (those 7:30 and on) regardless of the time. So even of you're appointment is 8:30, you can come inside as early as 7. The earlier, the better.

2. Try staying at the seats nearest to the windows, so when your number flashes it will be easier for you to go to that window.

3. Be sure that you're hands are dry before finger scanning. A lady there got mad because it took he girl 7mins to finally get the wet outta her fingers (She's nervous daw kasi)

4. Be as early as you can. Pre-Interviewers take their lunch early. Some 10-11am, some 11-12. I noticed that around 10-11, only 3 Pre-Screener windows were open.

5. Have your documents ready ha, and make sure you paid all those necessary payments to be made. My CR1 friend was rescheduled by the interviewer, beacuse his husband didn't pay the $380 visa fee, which is now $400. Sus!

6. Relax, smile, bring candies and bottle of water.

That's all i can think of for now,hope this helps. I'll gather myself to think of more. :lol: I still have hangover of what happened yesterday! :lol:

Tanjay, Tim&Maricar, Fe&Jeff, Bluebelle, Sha&Scott, djturbo, RoseRick,

Guys, you'll always be in my prayers!!!

-jyz (F)

Hi everyone! Jay and I wish you the Best of Luck on your Interview. Here are the few things I've learned yesterday:

1. I'm under CR1, and my appointment is 8:30am, I was in by 7:15. My other friends went in as early as 7am. The guard calls interviewees as early as 6:30 for 7am applicants, afterwards they let people in (those 7:30 and on) regardless of the time. So even of you're appointment is 8:30, you can come inside as early as 7. The earlier, the better.

2. Try staying at the seats nearest to the windows, so when your number flashes it will be easier for you to go to that window.

3. Be sure that you're hands are dry before finger scanning. A lady there got mad because it took he girl 7mins to finally get the wet outta her fingers (She's nervous daw kasi)

4. Be as early as you can. Pre-Interviewers take their lunch early. Some 10-11am, some 11-12. I noticed that around 10-11, only 3 Pre-Screener windows were open.

5. Have your documents ready ha, and make sure you paid all those necessary payments to be made. My CR1 friend was rescheduled by the interviewer, beacuse his husband didn't pay the $380 visa fee, which is now $400. Sus!

That's all i can think of for now,hope this helps. I'll gather myself to think of more. :lol: I still have hangover of what happened yesterday! :lol:

-jyz (F)

Jyz (F)

I am so happy for you God is good. Thank you soooooo much for the happyness you have given me in my jurney. God bless you both

Tim and Maricar with love

-jyz (F)

Thanks jyz.. We appreciate your tips.. We will be glad to follow em..

About #5 How can you pass NVC processing if you haven't paid the IV bill? How can you even get a Case Complete or a Interview?

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Tim and Maricar, Rose&Rick,

Im really glad having friends like you! :D

The day before the interview, that friend of mine asked me why she have DS230 form on her packet 4. Since I dont have any packet four (hehe,yeah i dont) I just told her that she don't have to submit it again, for we did it already during NVC days. She asked me if i paid the Visa fee, of course myhusband did. But she wasn't sure IF her husband did, she was just told that they paid "something" already. So sad to say, his husband didn't pay it yet. I dunno why did she get her case complete, and why did she had her interview date. Maybe the fact that his husband works for the US Air Force can answer that. HMM....

I got nervous the time she told me that his husband didn't pay for the Visa fee. BUT I AM SURE MY HUSBAND DID, OR ELSE I'LL KILL HIM. :P So, i carefully watch the Pre-Interviewer as he check my documents in the folder, and I saw he wrote something like "VISA fee pd." in my DSform. A RELIEF. ^_^

-jyz (F)

Tim and Maricar, Rose&Rick,

Im really glad having friends like you! :D

The day before the interview, that friend of mine asked me why she have DS230 form on her packet 4. Since I dont have any packet four (hehe,yeah i dont) I just told her that she don't have to submit it again, for we did it already during NVC days. She asked me if i paid the Visa fee, of course myhusband did. But she wasn't sure IF her husband did, she was just told that they paid "something" already. So sad to say, his husband didn't pay it yet. I dunno why did she get her case complete, and why did she had her interview date. Maybe the fact that his husband works for the US Air Force can answer that. HMM....

I got nervous the time she told me that his husband didn't pay for the Visa fee. BUT I AM SURE MY HUSBAND DID, OR ELSE I'LL KILL HIM. :P So, i carefully watch the Pre-Interviewer as he check my documents in the folder, and I saw he wrote something like "VISA fee pd." in my DSform. A RELIEF. ^_^

-jyz (F)

WoW... I didn't know there are far worst cases on the interview... I think what the husband meant he paid was the $70 I-864 processing fee.

I think the only risk of getting denied on a CR/IR interview if you have past history of illegal drug use in the past and criminal records in the past, was deported from the US, or Committing fraud.

Other than that.. The worst case scenario is an AR..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

hi..im a newbie...

my interview will be on feb 4.. im nervous, still have issues with my I-134

Please Add and Update your Timeline so we can add you on the Feb Group..

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=43500

Welcome to Visa Journey..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

hi..im a newbie...

my interview will be on feb 4.. im nervous, still have issues with my I-134

Well congrats We are happy to welcom you to our group.. Se ya on the 4th at the USEM :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.