wellywench

NOA2 running out...!

4 posts in this topic

Evening all,

After some delay in getting our docs ready for the packet 3, it was received by the US Embassy on the 23rd of November. However, our NOA2 runs out on the 7th December! Obviously I won't get an interview before then but is it possible to ask to extend the date?, and what is the best way of going about it? I don't want to assume it will be extended and have to start all over again!!!

Thanks x

I-175 Timeline

June 22nd 2010 - Package sent

June 23rd 2010 - Package received CSC by M Guerrero

June 23rd 2010 - NOA

August 17th 2010 - Biometrics

September 17th 2010 - Approved!!!

Hello Welly wench,

I too was in a situation similar to yourself the NOA 2 was running out - i was unsure how to proceed so - i emailed the us embassy in london using my case number in the subject line of the email.

When you email the embassy ( i had to email them 2 times during my K! Journey) you will receive an automated email advising you that your email will not be read or responded to...however a few days later i received a further email with the appropriate advice.

I was advised to get a further " intent to marry " letter from my fiance - i suspect they keep a record of this as when i went for interview the young lady conducting the interview actually asked for the more up to date letter of intent to marry as if she knew i had been told to do this.

Hope this helps....good luck

Thank you guys!

I already have a more recent intent to marry letter (despite much huffing from J!) but I will get him to do another one when he comes over so that it has a date after our NOA2 expiry date.

Thanks again x

I-175 Timeline

June 22nd 2010 - Package sent

June 23rd 2010 - Package received CSC by M Guerrero

June 23rd 2010 - NOA

August 17th 2010 - Biometrics

September 17th 2010 - Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.