RandyandRina

January Interview at US Embassy Manila

185 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

we were interviewed at the USEM on January 9th. On this day, we had a nice pre-screener at window 23. During the pre-screening, the fire alarm went off and this part of the embassy was evacuated. Upon returning in the building, we went back to window 23 where the pre-screener finished gathering what documents he wanted (NBI,photos, letters) but didn't gather the 134A (affidivit of Support or cenomar of my fiancee). I didn't find this out until until the following week from my finacee told me that she believed they didn't have a copy of the 134A. The consulate does have a copy of an old cenomar that I provide in the case from the onset of the filing. Upon returning to our seats to be called into the interview, this is what occurred and the following result that is troubling to both me and my fiancee. Once with the interviewer, he asked her name in which she replied. Then he asked me my name, my occupation, about my divorces and my children in which I willfully answered all of his questions honestly. He continued to review the documents that were in our case file along with documents gathered by the pre-screener. At this time, he told us to go out to the waiting area and to wait for her name to be called. He did not indicate that there was a problem or a reason for denial. We went back to our seats and then we were called to window 37. The lady at this window had the pink slip ready for the delbros payment when I told her that we would like to request to pick up the visa at the embassy due to DHLhaving problems finding my fiancee's house to deliver packet 4 which was mailed on Dec 17 but was not received until Jan 4th. The lady then stated that she would have to give the letter of request to the officer and that we would be called back to the window with the officer's decision. Upon being called back to window 37, my fiancee was given a purple appointment card and was told the we would be contacted. This was Wednesday, Jan. 9th. On Monday, we called the embassy to inquire about the process of the printing and receiving the visa and the lady, (Grace- USEM) stated that the officer was having the documents reviewed via Delbros and NSO. I stated to Ms. Grace that my fiancee had paid for the delbros fee back on Dec. 11 and that the lady at window 37 was given the receipt of the payment. Ms. Grace stated that the verification could take up to 1 month and that to contact the USEM periodically. At this time, I was very upset due to the fact that I had booked her departing flight with mine leaving Manila on the night of Jan. 17th. We called the embassy several times before I left Thursday night along with my fiancee calling Delbros International to verify that they had received the payment for verification. The lady at Delbros said that she had seen her documents and that they were back en route to the embassy. As of Friday, the 18th of Jan. when my fiancee called the embassy in which she talked to Sophia (who is very rude and straight forward (stated to fiancee that the case is still not approved). This was very disheartening to my fiancee and myself as there was no indication from the consulate officer nor anyone that we were in contact with during the day of our interview that we were not approved. What is the problem here? Do we need to tell them that we believe they forgot to get a copy of the 134A and the updated Cenomar? I plan on calling the embassy tonight (Sunday- Monday- Manila) and get to the root of the problem. My fiancee doesn't want me to mention to them about the 134A cause she is afraid of another delay. I told her that I would request another appointment ASAP so that these missing documents that should have been taken or asked for during the interview process could be presented. It is not my fiancee's or my fault that they didn't ask for them nor find them in our very organized paperwork and supporting documents of our long standing commentment to one another. If anyone could give us some strong, concerning advice on what direction to take, please reply as soon as possible. She is so depressed,scared and discouraged as I am not there in body to support her.

Your advice is greatly needed ASAP.

Thanks!

Jim and Mercy

That is very disheartening :( ..I feel for you..Keep up and pray..

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Thanks Sofia,

we are trying to stay positive. She is really depressed about the whole situation as she was set to fly back with me to the States and start our life together. I'm going to keep on the heels of the USEM on this cause we are so deeply in love and we need one another. I am trying to support her emotionally thru the phone and she is getting better but my arms aren't there to hold her so it is very hard on her. Thanks for your encouragement and as always, we know that God is in control and he knows of our love and commitment to each other.

God Bless you and keep you on your journey,,,,

Sincerely,

Jim and Mercy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

we were interviewed at the USEM on January 9th. On this day, we had a nice pre-screener at window 23. During the pre-screening, the fire alarm went off and this part of the embassy was evacuated. Upon returning in the building, we went back to window 23 where the pre-screener finished gathering what documents he wanted (NBI,photos, letters) but didn't gather the 134A (affidivit of Support or cenomar of my fiancee). I didn't find this out until until the following week from my finacee told me that she believed they didn't have a copy of the 134A. The consulate does have a copy of an old cenomar that I provide in the case from the onset of the filing. Upon returning to our seats to be called into the interview, this is what occurred and the following result that is troubling to both me and my fiancee. Once with the interviewer, he asked her name in which she replied. Then he asked me my name, my occupation, about my divorces and my children in which I willfully answered all of his questions honestly. He continued to review the documents that were in our case file along with documents gathered by the pre-screener. At this time, he told us to go out to the waiting area and to wait for her name to be called. He did not indicate that there was a problem or a reason for denial. We went back to our seats and then we were called to window 37. The lady at this window had the pink slip ready for the delbros payment when I told her that we would like to request to pick up the visa at the embassy due to DHLhaving problems finding my fiancee's house to deliver packet 4 which was mailed on Dec 17 but was not received until Jan 4th. The lady then stated that she would have to give the letter of request to the officer and that we would be called back to the window with the officer's decision. Upon being called back to window 37, my fiancee was given a purple appointment card and was told the we would be contacted. This was Wednesday, Jan. 9th. On Monday, we called the embassy to inquire about the process of the printing and receiving the visa and the lady, (Grace- USEM) stated that the officer was having the documents reviewed via Delbros and NSO. I stated to Ms. Grace that my fiancee had paid for the delbros fee back on Dec. 11 and that the lady at window 37 was given the receipt of the payment. Ms. Grace stated that the verification could take up to 1 month and that to contact the USEM periodically. At this time, I was very upset due to the fact that I had booked her departing flight with mine leaving Manila on the night of Jan. 17th. We called the embassy several times before I left Thursday night along with my fiancee calling Delbros International to verify that they had received the payment for verification. The lady at Delbros said that she had seen her documents and that they were back en route to the embassy. As of Friday, the 18th of Jan. when my fiancee called the embassy in which she talked to Sophia (who is very rude and straight forward (stated to fiancee that the case is still not approved). This was very disheartening to my fiancee and myself as there was no indication from the consulate officer nor anyone that we were in contact with during the day of our interview that we were not approved. What is the problem here? Do we need to tell them that we believe they forgot to get a copy of the 134A and the updated Cenomar? I plan on calling the embassy tonight (Sunday- Monday- Manila) and get to the root of the problem. My fiancee doesn't want me to mention to them about the 134A cause she is afraid of another delay. I told her that I would request another appointment ASAP so that these missing documents that should have been taken or asked for during the interview process could be presented. It is not my fiancee's or my fault that they didn't ask for them nor find them in our very organized paperwork and supporting documents of our long standing commentment to one another. If anyone could give us some strong, concerning advice on what direction to take, please reply as soon as possible. She is so depressed,scared and discouraged as I am not there in body to support her.

Your advice is greatly needed ASAP.

Thanks!

Jim and Mercy

One important, did you check the white paper with the "purple" slip that you were saying, if there's any additional document that you need to submit? that white sheet has a listing of the docs that they need from you and they will put a check at the side of the corresponding document in case they will be needing that. can you please check on this?

and are you really sure that the slip is "purple" not pink? aren't you color blind? coz i havent heard of this kind of case...

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/03/07 - Engagement Day

06/05/07 - NOA1 according to USCIS Website

10/16/07 - NOA2 according to CRIS - THANK YOU OH LORD!

01/08/08 - Embassy Interview - Thank God! Thanks VJs!

02/23/08 - POE = LAX >>> Goodbye my beloved Pinas!

03/13/08 - Civil Wedding in 90210

04/19/08 - Church wedding in Azusa

AOS Timeline

05/24/08 - NOA1 dates for I-485/AOS and I-765/EAD

07/22/08 - Biometrics Appointment at South El Monte, CA for I-485 only; Application Touched!

08/13/08 - RFE letter received in the mail

08/22/08 - Reply to RFE sent...Oh Lord, please guide us!

08/27/08 - RFE response received; Case resumed

09/13/08 - EAD card received

12/10/08 - AOS Interview in Los Angeles - APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD FOREVER!

12/22/08 - Green Card Received - THANKS GOD!!! Thanks our VJ FAMILY!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline

09/13/10 - Form I-751 Packet Sent thru USPS

09/14/10 - NOA1 Date (09/15/10 on the uscis website)

09/15/10 - $545 Check Cashed

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Appointment

01/06/11 - ROC Approval Date/Card Production Ordered

Timeline

my VJ family, let me announce to you that I RECEIVED MY VISA TODAY!!! wwwwwwooooooooohhhhhoooo!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

PRAISE GOD for all eternity!

K-1 Visa Timeline

AOS Timeline

07/22/08 - Biometrics Appointment at South El Monte, CA for I-485 only; Application Touched!

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

my VJ family, let me announce to you that I RECEIVED MY VISA TODAY!!! wwwwwwooooooooohhhhhoooo!!!

CONGRATS Beng!! We your VJ family are very happy for you.. We wish you a safe flight and a wonderful life with your hubby in the US. :)

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats to both of you. Thank you soooo much for being so caring and loving with your posts. May God guid you and your new life. Prais God

Tim and Maricar

CONGRATS BENG!

Timeline

Hi Beng,

Congratulations!

I have a question. When did you pay your verification fee? My fiance was interviewed last Jan. 07 , 2008.

Did not have the visa yet. I was told by Ms. Grace this morning that they are still waiting for the document verification result. Expect the issuance of the visa by end of February. It doesn't sound right. Although he did not pay the verification fee in advance( bec we're one of the misinformed people) but to my understanding , doc verification will take only 2 to 3 weeks. Hope you can enlighten me.

Thanks,

Ness and Patrick

Timeline

Hello Yolly,

yes, this is a new requirement of the verification process. This started back in November and it does take up to 2 to 3 weeks for this process. we paid for ours in advance but it didn't help us cause the embassy forgot to get the verification of the documents done before the interview and this is also cost us a delay. You can go to MetroBank in Manila and pay the fee of 650 pesos so it will be done. Hope this helps.

Jim and Mercy

Timeline
Hello Yolly,

yes, this is a new requirement of the verification process. This started back in November and it does take up to 2 to 3 weeks for this process. we paid for ours in advance but it didn't help us cause the embassy forgot to get the verification of the documents done before the interview and this is also cost us a delay. You can go to MetroBank in Manila and pay the fee of 650 pesos so it will be done. Hope this helps.

Jim and Mercy

delbertjohnson,

did you check the white paper with the purple slip that you were saying, from window 37 at the embassy? it has a listing of the additional documents that they need from you. pls check on this. but i'm sure, they are just doing some document verification on your NSO docs that's why it takes a little longer for you guys.

~beng

K-1 Visa Timeline

AOS Timeline

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

Timeline

CONGRATS Beng!! We your VJ family are very happy for you.. We wish you a safe flight and a wonderful life with your hubby in the US. :)

Warm thanks to all of you...

~beng and carl

K-1 Visa Timeline

AOS Timeline

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats to both of you. Thank you soooo much for being so caring and loving with your posts. May God guid you and your new life. Prais God

Tim and Maricar

no worries. of course, i always want to share these blessings... like the way i'm sharing to others the blessings of having in VJ and to be with my VJ family....

God bless on Maricar's interview!

K-1 Visa Timeline

AOS Timeline

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

Timeline

CONGRATS BENG!

maraming salamat po from the bottom of my heart... hehe!

K-1 Visa Timeline

AOS Timeline

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

Timeline
Hi Beng,

Congratulations!

I have a question. When did you pay your verification fee? My fiance was interviewed last Jan. 07 , 2008.

Did not have the visa yet. I was told by Ms. Grace this morning that they are still waiting for the document verification result. Expect the issuance of the visa by end of February. It doesn't sound right. Although he did not pay the verification fee in advance( bec we're one of the misinformed people) but to my understanding , doc verification will take only 2 to 3 weeks. Hope you can enlighten me.

Thanks,

Ness and Patrick

Hi Ness and Patrick. Well, I paid on Dec 21, that 3 weeks before my interview date. But, my document verification took a little bit longer coz between Dec 21 and Jan 8 (my interview date), there was a long holiday break. Though normally, the document verification takes 2 to 3 weeks, maybe 15 working days.

So, your fiancee was interviewed on Jan 7, I bet that this Friday, her document verification will be finished and she will receive her visa by next week.

And you know, the embassy does not want us to expect a lot that is why they are telling us to wait until the maximum date of their processing times/schedule. that's why they told to wait until Feb and i was even given that information/target date.

Let's hope and pray for a faster release of your fiancee's visa.

God bless you both.

~beng

K-1 Visa Timeline

AOS Timeline

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.