jeffmich2007

October filer

6 posts in this topic

Hi All

I am new to this forum and wish to hear of others in the same boat as myself :)

My USC Fiance and i got married in Florida this year it was not planned as I am from Scotland and we did have plans for christmas weddding here in Scotland but that changed and we tied the knot in Florida in August.

My husband and i have hired an attorney to handle the paperwork for us although we filed out the forms but we might need hius help along the way.

Anyways...he sent the I-130 paperwork to Texas SC on 19th October and has to this present time not received notice that they received the paperwork but he knows they have as it was fedexed and signed for. I am just wondering how long should it take for Texas to say they got it ?

Also our Attorney is filing I-129F for K3/K4 which is what myself and my son is going out on as they say that gets approved a lot faster than I-130. Anyone know if this is true ?

If so whats the timeframe for K3/K4

I will be going to US Embassy in London for my Interview once the time comes whenever that may be...LOL

All help :help: very much appreciated :)

Michelle :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Prior to July it use to take 2-3 weeks. I filled mine on September 14th 2007, and USCIS received it on the 17, but I haven't received the Notice of Action (NOA1) from the USCIS. There are people who filled in August and still haven't received the NOA 1. Now, it could take upto 90 days to get NOA 1. Yes, the I-129F (K3) visa works faster than the I-130, but you would have to do a lot of paper work when you arrive in the USA. I hope it helps, keep us posted on you status.

Prior to July it use to take 2-3 weeks. I filled mine on September 14th 2007, and USCIS received it on the 17, but I haven't received the Notice of Action (NOA1) from the USCIS. There are people who filled in August and still haven't received the NOA 1. Now, it could take upto 90 days to get NOA 1. Yes, the I-129F (K3) visa works faster than the I-130, but you would have to do a lot of paper work when you arrive in the USA. I hope it helps, keep us posted on you status.

Hun,

Same here husband from Uk we married in Florida and he went back so lawyer filed all paperwork, I129 I130 and K3 on August 28, 2007 - now we just wait, yes it was received but USCIS says wait till end of November for reciept basically.......so long........so far away...........let me know how it goes and best to you both

cheers

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Hun,

Same here husband from Uk we married in Florida and he went back so lawyer filed all paperwork, I129 I130 and K3 on August 28, 2007 - now we just wait, yes it was received but USCIS says wait till end of November for reciept basically.......so long........so far away...........let me know how it goes and best to you both

cheers

Susie

Hi Susie

I know what it feels like to be waiting but it will be worth it :) We are still waiting for the NOA for the I-130 as soon as we get it we are filing the I-129F so we are looking at possibly 6 months once its filed :) well fingers crossed :) Our Attorney is calling the USCIS to chase up our NOA for the I-130 so im hoping to hear soon but i will let you guys know when it happens :)

Meantime i work full-time and keep busy with my son who is 11 but i DO miss my hubby very much :( ...talking on the phone and webcam every day is great but does not compare to being together physically but i am dealing with the distance best i can. I am hoping that my hubby will be here at Chritmas :)

It's a stressful time for all that's going through USCIS !

It would be nice to get to know some ppl that are going through the same as myself. I am new to this site so trying learn how it all works :)

Hope all goes well for you Susie ...keep touch :) It will be nice to know how everyone gets on :)

Michelle :)

• 3 months later...

Hi Susie

How are things with you ? I wanted to let you know of my updated info ....

my husband filed I-130 for myself On October 18th 2007 we got NOA1 for this Jan 14th 2008 what a terrible wait just for NOA1 but since then the case number is still not recognised on thier system so i can't track it however, he filed the I-129F on Jan 22nd we got NOA1 Jan 25th and it was touched 31st Jan 2008 and today i looked again and we have another date which is 24th Feb 2008 so i guess they are moving along nicely with I-129F regardless if they are K1 or K3/K4

I just hope our I-129F comes through sooner than I-130 because i have not seen my husband since August 25th 2007...seems forever !

Lets hope approvals are soon

Good luck

Michelle

Hi you xxxxx

Just got access to case online this afternoon so try again - havent seen mate since June ekkkkk - but hopefully things are moving a little bit more for us now = our I129f showed up before the I130 online but after all this waiting, i think i will take anything that USCIS throws at us (well of course an RFE would not be in that toss) but sorta hoping for the I130 as they are about neck and neck in timelines right now. Also USCIS has been into the habit lately of cancelling the I129F if the I130 goes through first - ???

Let me know how it is going thru pm and will respond but at least we are into this journey with some good help here.

Cheers luv

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.