Tsup2

Large crowd at St. Lukes

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiance didnt depart St. Lukes until 8:30pm on the first day. On the second day she was instructed to return at 1pm and didnt leave until 7pm. She was told to wait for her results then informed hours later that she has to wait for her results to be released because her sons medical was not completed because he needed a tuberculosis test. To do the test takes 3 days. This didnt work with her travel plans so she has to return to St Lukes next week to have him tested and then await the results. This will mean extra days in Manila before her interview is on November 8th. If there is one thing I have learned about this K1 process it is that you have to expect the unexpected. Also, it's much more costly and time consuming than I ever anticipated.

How many days in advance before the interview would you advise us to go?

I was told atleast 2-3 days. I would like to be there to go through the whole process with my wife from medical exam-interview.

Just wanted to see what you all think.

Thanks

In my honest opinion, it is best to have the medical done at least 2-4 weeks earlier. That way, if ever your wife has some health problems, you have enough time to work it out. No delays, no hassles... and it's always good to have it done and over with so that you can focus on the upcoming interview. Think of the burdens and worries that will be lifted on both of you...

Goodluck!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

I had my wife and daughter get tested for TB and Hepa-B just after we started the K3/K4 CR-1/CR-2 process.

Main reason it takes about 6-8 months to cure TB and a visa won't be issued until you show negative.

They took their immigration medical almost 2 months prior to the interview.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
In my honest opinion, it is best to have the medical done at least 2-4 weeks earlier. That way, if ever your wife has some health problems, you have enough time to work it out. No delays, no hassles... and it's always good to have it done and over with so that you can focus on the upcoming interview. Think of the burdens and worries that will be lifted on both of you...

Goodluck!

--Mae

i agree :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My Fiance didnt depart St. Lukes until 8:30pm on the first day. On the second day she was instructed to return at 1pm and didnt leave until 7pm. She was told to wait for her results then informed hours later that she has to wait for her results to be released because her sons medical was not completed because he needed a tuberculosis test. To do the test takes 3 days. This didnt work with her travel plans so she has to return to St Lukes next week to have him tested and then await the results. This will mean extra days in Manila before her interview is on November 8th. If there is one thing I have learned about this K1 process it is that you have to expect the unexpected. Also, it's much more costly and time consuming than I ever anticipated.

yes thats why we have to prepared for everything :)

Thats true. Thats why I did my medical 3 weeks earlier. I heard a staff who talked to a girl that she needed this and that and the girl asked him back that her interview is on the 7th but the guy told her that they will just comunicate with US embassy and reschedule her interview. :( Anyway, good luck to ur fiancee. :)

~ Ledy

Nov. 28, 07 - Arrived in US with my asawa

Dec. 8. 07 - Received my SSC through mail

Jan. 19, 08 - Received welcome notice from USCIS 3x

Jan. 25, 08 - Got my GC

Sept. 4, 08 - Jody, our baby arrived

~Removal of condition Time line~

Aug. 5, 09 - Reminder letter from USCIS regarding my immigration status received

Sept. 8, 2009 - Sent I-751

Sept. 11, 2009 - Mail delivered to VT

Sept. 18, 2009 - NOA1 & extension letter DATED 09/14/09

Sept. 25, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received

Oct. 14, 2009 - Early biometrics

Oct. 15, 2009 - Touched

Oct. 23, 2009 - Scheduled biometrics

Dec. 31, 2009 - Approval letter received dated 12/24/09

Jan. 08, 2010 - Card production ordered

Jan. 19, 2010 - GC received

~Naturalization Timeline~

April 30, 2018 - Filed N400 online

May 1, 2018 - NOA

May 21, 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb. 5, 2019 - Interview and Oath Ceremony Combined

~Tatay's I-130 Journey~

March 8, 2019 - Filed I-130 for Tatay

March 15, 2019 - check cashed

a4tv.jpgyVHim7.png
btUi.jpgpvDTm7.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the advise. I will have her go early, and I will se if her mom can go with her. It sounds like a long day or maybe even tow days.

Should I plan on her staying there for two days? Thats what it sounds like from most of the people who have gone through it already.

Thanks to all and good luck with the rest of the process.

We are hoping for a late Jan or early Feb interview.......so I will try and see if she can go mid Dec for the medical.

Thanks again

NOA2 - November 20 , 2007 (11/20/07)

Interview in MNL - March 4 , 2008

Thanks for the advise. I will have her go early, and I will se if her mom can go with her. It sounds like a long day or maybe even tow days.

Should I plan on her staying there for two days? Thats what it sounds like from most of the people who have gone through it already.

Thanks to all and good luck with the rest of the process.

We are hoping for a late Jan or early Feb interview.......so I will try and see if she can go mid Dec for the medical.

Thanks again

The medical will last for 2 days if the results are all negative.

Just let her go there early so she will be done before lunch and can rest after.

Her mom can go with her but she can't go inside the clinic premises, just let her mom stay home or in the hotel.

She needed an appointment letter for them to let her in. Good luck to her. She can do it. Quite easy though. LOL ;)

~ Ledy

Nov. 28, 07 - Arrived in US with my asawa

Dec. 8. 07 - Received my SSC through mail

Jan. 19, 08 - Received welcome notice from USCIS 3x

Jan. 25, 08 - Got my GC

Sept. 4, 08 - Jody, our baby arrived

~Removal of condition Time line~

Aug. 5, 09 - Reminder letter from USCIS regarding my immigration status received

Sept. 8, 2009 - Sent I-751

Sept. 11, 2009 - Mail delivered to VT

Sept. 18, 2009 - NOA1 & extension letter DATED 09/14/09

Sept. 25, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received

Oct. 14, 2009 - Early biometrics

Oct. 15, 2009 - Touched

Oct. 23, 2009 - Scheduled biometrics

Dec. 31, 2009 - Approval letter received dated 12/24/09

Jan. 08, 2010 - Card production ordered

Jan. 19, 2010 - GC received

~Naturalization Timeline~

April 30, 2018 - Filed N400 online

May 1, 2018 - NOA

May 21, 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb. 5, 2019 - Interview and Oath Ceremony Combined

~Tatay's I-130 Journey~

March 8, 2019 - Filed I-130 for Tatay

March 15, 2019 - check cashed

a4tv.jpgyVHim7.png
btUi.jpgpvDTm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.