3 posts in this topic

Hi all

I am just approved on my AOS Interview here in California.

Since I have been through this extra hoob by filing an I-601 waiver I really know what you guys are going through. And I can't stop going back once in a while to see how everyone is doing in here.

That's also the reason I am typing now about my experience.

I went through my AOS Interview for 2 days ago and even I back in January this year were approved in London on my I-601 waiver I was scared in as hell how they would look at it later on my further journey to get a greencard.

I discovered that it is better to deal with all this I-601 waiver stuff from the beginning before you land in USA and maybe need to deal with this after starting your life over here.

So please. If you need this waiver then don't ignore it. The officer told me that he was happy to see that I was approved before I came, because then they would never touch this case again.

That was my big concern if they would concider it again.

Somebody in here have told me before that I didn't had to worry. But was not really sure about it.

I think also that you guys need to hear my conviction story.

It is a very stupid story that I would never believe should be brought up again in my life. Especially after so many years are gone.

My son's dad did back in 1994 cheated on me and sneaked out to be with another woman.

When he left me for her I was very mad and angry and went to his camper to pick up my stuff.

I litted a candle which I forgot to blow out.

Next day the police came and arrested me telling that I had burn his camper down to the grown.

My sons dad believed I did it on purpose.

He throwed me to the court and I was convicted for arson.

I payed a fine for the courtcase and they put me under 2 year probation where I couldn't commit another crime. If I did I should serve 5 month in jail.

It was a bad time for me since I am an innocent and decent woman.

But the american embassy in Denmark concidered this as a felony and I had to go through this extra waiver form I-601 through London and there they luckywise approved me 4 month later.

When we went to our AOS Interview for 2 days ago.This officer was in chok about my conviction. He said that it was a mistake that I had to go through all this for a famely based problem on privat ground.

I hope this story can help you a little bit.

I was just unlucky to meet a very aggressiv officer on my K-1 visa Interview. But now I know for sure that this case is over in my further journey to stay in USA

Best luck to all

Anette (L)

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Congratulations. I hope you and your new husband have a happy life together. :dance:

Thank you very much for that happy message. :D

I really feel that I deserve to prove that I just needed Mr Right and finally found him overseas :thumbs:

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.