hmmm...

medical

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Fellow People,

I just had my medical already.. I was expecting to get the result today but for some reason i had to go back again for another day for Psychiatrist test i had to undergo.. I dont know why but during my physical exam the Doctor seen the scars of my slashed in my wrist .. And i told her the history of it.. That i had big problem back when i was in high school and i had suicide attempt yep was stupid that time... but that was 10 years ago. And today when i went back to get the result of my medical they told me to come back for phychiatrist test. Am just worried here if its goin to caused a problem for my interview or would it effect that i might not pass my medical exam? Anyone experience here before? I hope you can give me some information or knowledge regarding this issue

Thanks and goodluck to everyone here...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Fellow People,

I just had my medical already.. I was expecting to get the result today but for some reason i had to go back again for another day for Psychiatrist test i had to undergo.. I dont know why but during my physical exam the Doctor seen the scars of my slashed in my wrist .. And i told her the history of it.. That i had big problem back when i was in high school and i had suicide attempt yep was stupid that time... but that was 10 years ago. And today when i went back to get the result of my medical they told me to come back for phychiatrist test. Am just worried here if its goin to caused a problem for my interview or would it effect that i might not pass my medical exam? Anyone experience here before? I hope you can give me some information or knowledge regarding this issue

hi! when is your scheduled psychiatrict evaluation? when is your interview? hope your interview is not next week. this could take some time. and yes you have to undergo that test. sorry to hear that but dont worry. just explain it to them what happened before. then if im not mistaken you still have to go to psychological exam. it depends if the doctor will refer you to that exam. good luck and try to be calm. everything will be ok. but just have to be patient and have extra money with you. take care

hello hmmm..

sorry to hear about that.. prepare yourself, be consistent with you explanation. I hope you be cleared from them soon.

When is your interview? Maybe il go to SLEC tomorrow to have my Day1 Medical Exam.

I wish you all the best. :)

-jyz (F)

hello hmmm...

Dont worry. Whatever you told your doctor, just tell the psychiatrist the same thing. In other words, be consistent and be truthful. They just wanted to make sure that you are psychologically OK and does not impose any threat. Be calm and be relax, you are in good hands.

~ Rina

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Thanks guys for the information... it help me to lessen my nervous. I'll be having my interview on 11/7 just a week before my phsyciatrist test 10/31 Goodluck to November interview our big day is getting closer.. God bless

Good luck to you hmmm... :thumbs: Just remind them that your interview will be on 11/7, to just make them aware so they won't prolong any other psychological tests, they might suggest for you (which I doubt so anyways) ;)

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Timeline
Hi Fellow People,

My advice is to do exactly what everyone here is saying: Be totally honest and consistant in your discussions with them. You need to prove to them very rationally that your past behavior will not occur again and that you are no longer a threat to yourself or anyone else. Good luck to you!

References from their regulations:

(2) Has a history of behavior associated with the disorder, which has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the applicant or others and which is likely to recur or to lead to other harmful behavior. 9 FAM 40.11 N8.1 Harmful Behavior

(TL:VISA-189; 04-22-1999)

a. For purposes of INA 212(a)(1)(A)(iii), current harmful behavior, or a history of it, would include a dangerous action or series of actions by the alien which has:

(1) Caused injury (psychological or physical) to the alien or another person;

(2) Threatened the health or safety of the alien or another person;

Edited by Bill B

Timeline
Thanks guys for the information... it help me to lessen my nervous. I'll be having my interview on 11/7 just a week before my phsyciatrist test 10/31 Goodluck to November interview our big day is getting closer.. God bless

Good luck to you hmmm... :thumbs: Just remind them that your interview will be on 11/7, to just make them aware so they won't prolong any other psychological tests, they might suggest for you (which I doubt so anyways) ;)

not that im scaring you or something but just want you to be aware and be ready coz MOST PROBABLY they will let you have the psych test (not 100% sure). good luck

hello hmmm...

Dont worry. Whatever you told your doctor, just tell the psychiatrist the same thing. In other words, be consistent and be truthful. They just wanted to make sure that you are psychologically OK and does not impose any threat. Be calm and be relax, you are in good hands.

~ Rina

Excellent advice :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

hey Bill B, i had the same problem (or so i thought) i was worried about this little scar that i have on my right wrist, i went into room no. 10 for physical examination, and God the doctor was strict, she checked my wrist and asked me about the scar, and she was like "did u attempt suicide before?" and i just told her the truth, i dont know where i got it, i had the scar since i was like 7 yrs. old, she was like "r u sure?" i looked at her in her eyes and said "yes ma'm, i am" so she left it alone, but she still referred me to a cardio, i read her remarks on my paperwork, she noted there, i have multi piercing, navel piercing, irregular heartbeat and the last remark i couldnt read, then i went to this other doctor ( a cardio), and fortunately i got out cleared, the next day of my medical, they gave me my vaccination, and waited at the ground floor for the release of my xray, then they took my passport... i still dont know what the results are, but im praying it turned out fine...

so just follow what everyone says here... just be truthful to them and pray that everything will turn out fine

regards;

jen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.