Funny Stories

87 posts in this topic

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
My favorite's got to be the "Russian bride" riding side-saddle on the motorcycle. Just proves my theory that there's nowhere a Russian woman can't look dignified and classy. :)

I like the 3 female russian soldiers showing "leg" in their winter coats and combat boots. It goes to what you say and shows my theory that there's nowhere a Russian woman can't look feminine. It is in their attitude. ;)

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

These photos showed Russians are just as happy taking snapshots of crude images and drunk peoples' misfortunes as we are here. That says a lot about the similarities in our cultures.

Best photo for me: The sleeping escalator-attending babushka inside that little shack. She was knocked out! Homer Simpson has nothing on that old lady. Talk about not giving a hoot about your job.... awesome!

As far as Russian women looking feminine, dignified and classy..... I thought the group of girls in the pink shorts was pretty nice. The way they all wore their socks up like that, now that's classy!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
As far as Russian women looking feminine, dignified and classy..... I thought the group of girls in the pink shorts was pretty nice. The way they all wore their socks up like that, now that's classy!

Oh...were they wearing socks? Sorry, I didn't quite make it that far down the picture... :D

Timeline

Oh...were they wearing socks? Sorry, I didn't quite make it that far down the picture... :D

Ditto :yes:

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Ditto :yes:

You guys must've stopped at their nice pink jackets like I did the first time I saw the picture. They're very fashionable the way they're cut. Yeah, I bet I looked at that photo five or six times before I realized they had those classy ribbons on their socks. The jackets just kept catching my eye.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

You guys must've stopped at their nice pink jackets like I did the first time I saw the picture. They're very fashionable the way they're cut. Yeah, I bet I looked at that photo five or six times before I realized they had those classy ribbons on their socks. The jackets just kept catching my eye.

Oh...were they wearing jackets? Sorry, I didn't quite make it that far up the picture... :D

(yeah I know, you can take a horse to water... :) )

Timeline

Oh...were they wearing jackets? Sorry, I didn't quite make it that far up the picture... :D

(yeah I know, you can take a horse to water... :) )

Hahahaha..... does your fiancee read your posts? Remember that female russian anger thing we talked about? You must like your life spicy. :lol:

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Hahahaha..... does your fiancee read your posts? Remember that female russian anger thing we talked about? You must like your life spicy. :lol:

Heh, no she doesn't have very consistent access to the internet. You'd know if she did have access because I'd be all like "There were sexy women in that picture? Funny, I could have sworn it was just a bunch of babushkas!" :)

Of course Google remembers all, and I'm sure there will be a day when this comes back to bite me in the ###. So for the record...MY ACCOUNT WAS H4XOR3D!!! It wasn't me honey, I swear!!!

Edited by moxcamel

She's been here a year now and I think she's almost given up on reading my posts. I get in trouble regardless, so I might as well post what I want. The really messed up part is I get in trouble for the stuff that's not so bad, the stuff that's a light-hearted "wow, she's attractive" or something like that, but the serious stuff like "my wife will be at work all day, would you like to come over?" just seems to slide right by. (Not that I've done that, but just for the sake of example.)

I don't know if it's lost in translation or what, but the things that I think should piss her off seem to go unnoticed and the things that are not even serious seem to cause huge, wild and crazy drama.

There is a separation of sorts for us when it comes to stuff like VJ. This is "my" thing. She checks my posts from time-to-time, but for the most part, she leaves it alone because she doesn't like it and doesn't want to waste her time with it. And it seems to cause a whole bunch of unnecessary drama whenever she does check it out. I can post "I'm definitely on the receiving end of the better deal in our marriage." and she'll come back with "What are you saying in this post? You want to tell everyone that you best of the best and your wife is nothing?"

One thing that I've realized about my wife, and maybe your girls are like this too, is being 100% honest to her is not appreciated. She doesn't need to know what's on my mind all the time. She doesn't need to know exactly what's going on or what I'm into. And more importantly... she doesn't want to know. I thought I was going to earn points by being 100% honest about everything and in reality, turns out, she'd rather have the false sense of security that her perception of what's going on inside my head and in my world is reality. It's not, but at least she can think it is, and better for her to think what she wants than have to deal with reality.

It's just easier that way. And things like posting whatever I want on an internet board seem be "out of sight...... out of mind." (For now, anyway.)

Русский форум член.

Timeline
She's been here a year now and I think she's almost given up on reading my posts. I get in trouble regardless, so I might as well post what I want. The really messed up part is I get in trouble for the stuff that's not so bad, the stuff that's a light-hearted "wow, she's attractive" or something like that, but the serious stuff like "my wife will be at work all day, would you like to come over?" just seems to slide right by. (Not that I've done that, but just for the sake of example.)

I don't know if it's lost in translation or what, but the things that I think should piss her off seem to go unnoticed and the things that are not even serious seem to cause huge, wild and crazy drama.

There is a separation of sorts for us when it comes to stuff like VJ. This is "my" thing. She checks my posts from time-to-time, but for the most part, she leaves it alone because she doesn't like it and doesn't want to waste her time with it. And it seems to cause a whole bunch of unnecessary drama whenever she does check it out. I can post "I'm definitely on the receiving end of the better deal in our marriage." and she'll come back with "What are you saying in this post? You want to tell everyone that you best of the best and your wife is nothing?"

One thing that I've realized about my wife, and maybe your girls are like this too, is being 100% honest to her is not appreciated. She doesn't need to know what's on my mind all the time. She doesn't need to know exactly what's going on or what I'm into. And more importantly... she doesn't want to know. I thought I was going to earn points by being 100% honest about everything and in reality, turns out, she'd rather have the false sense of security that her perception of what's going on inside my head and in my world is reality. It's not, but at least she can think it is, and better for her to think what she wants than have to deal with reality.

It's just easier that way. And things like posting whatever I want on an internet board seem be "out of sight...... out of mind." (For now, anyway.)

Hmmmmm.... what you wrote is consistent with what I have read in different cross-cultural books regarding American-Russian marriages..... i.e. that Russian women are a bit puzzled why American men feel the need all the time to be "sensitive" by constantly verbalizing their thoughts and feelings. The gist seems to be, "Tell me that you love me. Tell me what I need to know......... but keep your American psycho-babble to yourself." On the other hand, my experience is just the opposite. My fiancee wants to feel a deep connection with me all the time and feels a bit left out if I do not give her sufficient details about what happened that day at work, the extent of my daily feelings and emotions about her, and all the other things that are happening in my life. However, I would be curious where the other russian fiancees/spouses fall in this spectrum.

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

the extent of my daily feelings and emotions about her,

Mine loves the "about her" part, it's the rest of the stuff that she doesn't care for. Especially when the "about her" is referring to "her over there, the one with the big knockers."

I guess if I kept my American psycho-babble (that's an awesome term!) to myself, which I've been doing with increasing frequency now, I'd be just fine.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.