annatenna

USCIS Receipting Update for week ending 5 October

4 posts in this topic

No good news as far as I can see - TSC remains as last week, still @ 18 July. this show will run and run!!!! :wacko:

As of October 5, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center

Form Number Date Received

I-130 8/30/2007

N-400 7/31/2007

All Other Forms 7/30/2007

Nebraska Service Center

I-131 8/14/2007

I-140 8/14/2007

I-485 Employment

Based 8/14/2007

I-485 Asylee 7/29/2007

I-485 Refugee 7/03/2007

I-765 8/14/2007

N-400 7/29/2007

All Other Forms 8/05/2007

Texas Service Center

I-131 8/09/2007

I-140 concurrently filed

with I-485 8/09/2007

I-485 Employment

Based * 8/09/2007

I-765 8/09/2007

N-400 7/18/2007

All Other Forms 8/1/2007

*California Service Center and Vermont Service Center are currently assisting in data entry of employment-based I-485 and related forms (I-140, I-765, and I-131) received at Texas Service Center between the dates of 7/28 and 8/8. As a result, some applicants may receive receipt notices from a service center different than the one they originally applied to.

Vermont Service Center

I-130 7/29/2007

N-400 7/25/2007

All Other Forms 7/30/2007

USCIS Lockbox

TPS 9/09/2007

The USCIS Update pdf file dated July 23rd regarding the new filing fees says:

"WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reminds its customers that the agency’s new fee schedule is effective on Monday, July 30, 2007. Applications or petitions postmarked or otherwise filed on or after that date must include the new fee."

But thier website (link below) now says this :

"USCIS will honor the actual date that an application was received in our mailroom; this date will be indicated on the receipt (in the Received Date box) when Form I-797, Notice of Action, is mailed."

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Anyone know for sure which it is?? Is my app going to be rejected because I sent the old fee?????

I mailed my N-400 on July 27th with the old fee, but it wasn't officially delivered until the 31st...according to my USPS delivery confirmation

Delivered, July 31, 2007, 9:00 am, MESQUITE, TX 75185

Notice Left, July 30, 2007, 6:13 pm, MESQUITE, TX 75185

Notice Left, July 30, 2007, 5:53 pm, MESQUITE, TX 75185

Arrival at Unit, July 30, 2007, 1:44 pm, MESQUITE, TX 75149

Acceptance, July 27, 2007, 5:54 pm, SAVANNAH, GA 31419

The USCIS Update pdf file dated July 23rd regarding the new filing fees says:

"WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reminds its customers that the agency’s new fee schedule is effective on Monday, July 30, 2007. Applications or petitions postmarked or otherwise filed on or after that date must include the new fee."

But thier website (link below) now says this :

"USCIS will honor the actual date that an application was received in our mailroom; this date will be indicated on the receipt (in the Received Date box) when Form I-797, Notice of Action, is mailed."

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Anyone know for sure which it is?? Is my app going to be rejected because I sent the old fee?????

I mailed my N-400 on July 27th with the old fee, but it wasn't officially delivered until the 31st...according to my USPS delivery confirmation

Delivered, July 31, 2007, 9:00 am, MESQUITE, TX 75185

Notice Left, July 30, 2007, 6:13 pm, MESQUITE, TX 75185

Notice Left, July 30, 2007, 5:53 pm, MESQUITE, TX 75185

Arrival at Unit, July 30, 2007, 1:44 pm, MESQUITE, TX 75149

Acceptance, July 27, 2007, 5:54 pm, SAVANNAH, GA 31419

I mailed my N400 the day before you and it was delivered (according to the post office) on 30 July. (Weekend in between). I included the old fee.

I read the instructions you quoted above as meaning that as long as the post mark is before 30 July the old fee is payable, but the date it was received at the Service Centre will be the priority date they honour, rather than the date they open the packet, cash the cheque and get a moving with the application.

I may be wrong, of course, but i feel fairly confident we'll be OK :blink:

We couldn't possibly know what date our packet would be officially received at the SC, so how could we know which fee to enclose if it relied on date of receipt instead of postmark. I feel confdient that it will be the postmark which is relevant to which fee is payable.

I mailed my N400 the day before you and it was delivered (according to the post office) on 30 July. (Weekend in between). I included the old fee.

I read the instructions you quoted above as meaning that as long as the post mark is before 30 July the old fee is payable, but the date it was received at the Service Centre will be the priority date they honour, rather than the date they open the packet, cash the cheque and get a moving with the application.

I may be wrong, of course, but i feel fairly confident we'll be OK :blink:

We couldn't possibly know what date our packet would be officially received at the SC, so how could we know which fee to enclose if it relied on date of receipt instead of postmark. I feel confdient that it will be the postmark which is relevant to which fee is payable.

Thanks "annatenna". Hope you are correct! After 11 yrs of dealing with the INS I guess I just expect problems :rolleyes: ....But one thing I have learned...it gets done eventually!

Edited by casenday

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.