wildone_106

Documents for CFO seminar

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

*OOPS..this was meant for the MANILA forum..sorry

I've read in some cases they want to see ORIGINAL divorce/Annulment documents at this seminar, does anyone have experiences of this? The divorce documents would be mine, but my Fiance does have a complete certified copy of all the court documents. Would this suffice?

She's taking the Seminar about a month before her actually interview on May 30th.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by wildone_106

It wouldn't hurt to take it but am not sure. All Claudeth had to take was her passport with the visa in it.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It really just depends on the day you go there. The CFO is no longer giving the seminars, they have turned it over to another group and they ask for different things depending on how they are feeling at the time. You can go to their website and find the normal requirements, but the one that gets you is "other documents as required".

Below are some of the things they may ask for in addition to their website requirements:

Divorce papers of foreigner - what your fiancee has should be enough.

Parental consent/advice if your fiancee is 24 or younger.

Tax return/document of support.

Fiancee Passport - if you don't have it yet, just tell them you can't get it until you do the seminar.

Copy of your passport showing stamps of when you were in the Philippines.

Now your fiancee may go there and not be asked for any of the above, and calling them won't do any good. They told my fiancee all of the normal requirements plus copy of my passport and support, and then another when she went. She was only asked for her ID, birth certificate and her passport. Also, my fiancee is from CDO, but we went to Manila instead of Cebu because normally Manila is easier.

Anyway, good luck and just hope they are having a good day when your fiancee goes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My baby just took certified copys .........of just anything legal to make sure and she will be here soon and by the way she said the CFO was a breeze.

Mailed I-175 .........6-23-09

Rec.NOA I-175C ..... 7-7-09

Rec. I-175 NOA .......7-24-09 Biometrics

Biometrics appt. ......8-13-09 a.m.

Permant Resident Letter 11-04-09

10 year Green card ....... 11-13-09

Sending N-400 May 23 2010

Sent N-400 9-24-2010

10-04-2010 text message saying N-400 was accepted

Biometrics .............. 11-16-2010

Interview ...................01-14-2010

Interview passed ...................

Oath Ceremony ....................MARCH 2, 2011

Mother In Law

UPS'D I-130 ................................ 4-21-2011

Text stating received .................. 4-26-2011

I130 approved .............................. 7-11-2011

AOS Processing Fee ................. 7-18-2011

Choice of agent Paperwork ...... 7-18-2011

The wait 11-23-2011

Medical 2-16-2012

Visa Interview 3-06-2012

Arrived at O Hare 5-14-2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.