prettynpink

concerns on medical..pls help

24 posts in this topic

GUYS ONE THING MORE ..I DONT INTEND TO DISCLOSE ANY OF THE FACTS REGARDING MY MISCARIAGE AND COVER MY SCAR ..YOU THINK ITS POSSIBLE?WILL THEY REALLY CHECH UR WRIST THOROUGHLY..PLEASE HELP..I JUST WANT TO AVOID ANY DELAYS..PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME..

GOD BLESS

You will not be able to cover your scar and hide it. You will be naked while the Doctor examine you and they do check the wrist and arms for marks (needle marks) and scars. These is part of the physical examinations: to check for signs of physical/mental behaviors that are associated with "harmful behaviors". As of this time, I think it is best that you be ready for a possible referral for a Psych evaluation. Have your medical early if possible to avoid delays in case they do refer you for more evaluation. God luck!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
GUYS ONE THING MORE ..I DONT INTEND TO DISCLOSE ANY OF THE FACTS REGARDING MY MISCARIAGE AND COVER MY SCAR ..YOU THINK ITS POSSIBLE?WILL THEY REALLY CHECH UR WRIST THOROUGHLY..PLEASE HELP..I JUST WANT TO AVOID ANY DELAYS..PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME..

GOD BLESS

You will not be able to cover your scar and hide it. You will be naked while the Doctor examine you and they do check the wrist and arms for marks (needle marks) and scars. These is part of the physical examinations: to check for signs of physical/mental behaviors that are associated with "harmful behaviors". As of this time, I think it is best that you be ready for a possible referral for a Psych evaluation. Have your medical early if possible to avoid delays in case they do refer you for more evaluation. God luck!

once again thank u so much..uve been very helpful..just one more question is it safe to disclose that i had suicide attempt then?or can i say i had it in an accident ..i know no matter wat i say they wud still refer me to psychological evaluation....just want to know if i can just say its from an accident...please once again i ask for help...pasensya na po kung makulit me...god bless

religious_42.gif

12932.gif

January 27 2009 POE HOUSTON

March 07,2009 Sent AOS packet by UPS

March 10 2009 aos received signed by CHYBA

March 17, 2009 Check encashed

March 20,2009 NOA1 received for AOS,EAD,AP

March 23,2009 Biometrics appointment recvd

April 16,2009 Biometrics Appintment 8 am

APRIL 2 2009 CASE transferred to CSC

April 30,2009 Touched

May 01,2009 Touched

May 05,2009 EAD and AP Approved.(THANK GOD)

May 11,2009 AP Received

May 13,2009 EAD Received

May 15,2009 got my learner's permit for driving

June 02,2009 RFE for my Son's AOS

June 02,2009 Card Production ordered on mine

June 15 2009 RFE received(new I 693)

June 15, 2009 Card production again

June 17,2009 Got my DL in texas

June 23,2009 Got a touched for RFE on my son's case.Processing resumed

June 26,2009 Got my GC n the mail

June 29 2009 SOn's AOS finally approved

July 01,2009 Got a job!!god is good

once again thank u so much..uve been very helpful..just one more question is it safe to disclose that i had suicide attempt then?or can i say i had it in an accident ..i know no matter wat i say they wud still refer me to psychological evaluation....just want to know if i can just say its from an accident...please once again i ask for help...pasensya na po kung makulit me...god bless

Honestly, with the appearance of the scar (being linear and all), it will be hard to convince the Panel Physician that it was due to an accident. They know better (or most do anyways) since they are trained to be observant with this types of "behaviors" (since it is part of the examination and evaluation). And in case you will say and insist that it was just an accident and not due to suicide attempts and they still refer you for a Psych evaluation, what would you say to the Psych? They will know that you are lying and would just probably will get you into more trouble? Because you're hiding something? Because you are still possibly "unstable" and such behavior could still "recur"? That you maybe a threat to your self and to others? If this is the kinds of observation and evaluation that the Psych will have on you, then there's more of a possibility that they can give you a "Category A" remarks and maybe be ineligible for clearance and a possible visa denial? I'm sorry if I'm beeing too straight-forward. I am not saying this "will" happen but it "can" happen. And whatever the consequence of your action and whatever you decide to say on your medical exam, you will have to live with it.

Have an early medical, so if they refer you for a Psych evaluation you will still have time for that before your interview. If ever you will be referred to one-> tell them that you know now that you were wrong and you regret what you have done. No problem or mistake can be corrected by doing another mistake. That with that experience and going through all those emotional problems (even without conseling), you had come to accept that what you did was wrong and that LIFE and being alive is more important. That you regret it and will not do it again because you value LIFE now and that there's more you can do and with your fiance who you love and loves you, you know you will have a beautiful LIFE TOGETHER and would not waste that chance. But you have to be convincing enough so the Psych will know that you do REGRET WHAT YOU'VE DONE AND YOU HAD MOVE ON and is looking forward for a wonderful and meaningful life with your fiance. The Psych should be convinced that such physical harmful behavior is not likely to recur. The Psych will dig in to your inner thoughts and problems to know what had caused it? What caused you to do such things? If you have other Psychiatric/mental problems and behaviors? If you can be cleared?

Just my opinion and advise. It will still up to you to decide if you will tell them or not about your suicide attempts. God Bless!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Honestly, with the appearance of the scar (being linear and all), it will be hard to convince the Panel Physician that it was due to an accident. They know better (or most do anyways) since they are trained to be observant with this types of "behaviors" (since it is part of the examination and evaluation). And in case you will say and insist that it was just an accident and not due to suicide attempts and they still refer you for a Psych evaluation, what would you say to the Psych? They will know that you are lying and would just probably will get you into more trouble? Because you're hiding something? Because you are still possibly "unstable" and such behavior could still "recur"? That you maybe a threat to your self and to others? If this is the kinds of observation and evaluation that the Psych will have on you, then there's more of a possibility that they can give you a "Category A" remarks and maybe be ineligible for clearance and a possible visa denial? I'm sorry if I'm beeing too straight-forward. I am not saying this "will" happen but it "can" happen. And whatever the consequence of your action and whatever you decide to say on your medical exam, you will have to live with it.

Have an early medical, so if they refer you for a Psych evaluation you will still have time for that before your interview. If ever you will be referred to one-> tell them that you know now that you were wrong and you regret what you have done. No problem or mistake can be corrected by doing another mistake. That with that experience and going through all those emotional problems (even without conseling), you had come to accept that what you did was wrong and that LIFE and being alive is more important. That you regret it and will not do it again because you value LIFE now and that there's more you can do and with your fiance who you love and loves you, you know you will have a beautiful LIFE TOGETHER and would not waste that chance. But you have to be convincing enough so the Psych will know that you do REGRET WHAT YOU'VE DONE AND YOU HAD MOVE ON and is looking forward for a wonderful and meaningful life with your fiance. The Psych should be convinced that such physical harmful behavior is not likely to recur. The Psych will dig in to your inner thoughts and problems to know what had caused it? What caused you to do such things? If you have other Psychiatric/mental problems and behaviors? If you can be cleared?

Just my opinion and advise. It will still up to you to decide if you will tell them or not about your suicide attempts. God Bless!

i agree with doc helen :thumbs:

psych evaluation requires a whole perspective of studying your behavior, the way you answer to the question and the way your body responds to every words/questions they are throwing at you. when you say 'yes' but your body tells otherwise then you're screwed... i know honesty sometimes can lead you to more complications, but most likely it will help you go through to this process... what we've done in the past only reflect us to who we are now, whether to change us for the better or for the worse. but by coming out and telling the truth and becoming more responsible to our actions, only tells/shows maturity... and im sure st. lukes will give you credit for that... :thumbs: i truly hope you'll be with your fiance in the end of this journey... God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

i agree with doc helen :thumbs:

psych evaluation requires a whole perspective of studying your behavior, the way you answer to the question and the way your body responds to every words/questions they are throwing at you. when you say 'yes' but your body tells otherwise then you're screwed... i know honesty sometimes can lead you to more complications, but most likely it will help you go through to this process... what we've done in the past only reflect us to who we are now, whether to change us for the better or for the worse. but by coming out and telling the truth and becoming more responsible to our actions, only tells/shows maturity... and im sure st. lukes will give you credit for that... :thumbs: i truly hope you'll be with your fiance in the end of this journey... God bless!!!

thanks so much guys for all your help..u have cleared all my doubts regarding this matter...i was scared to tell the truth about it on medical cos i have read that some tends to be very honest yet they get denied..but my case is different from the one who got denied..i will be ready for it...its gonna be tough but its the only way out...

religious_42.gif

12932.gif

January 27 2009 POE HOUSTON

March 07,2009 Sent AOS packet by UPS

March 10 2009 aos received signed by CHYBA

March 17, 2009 Check encashed

March 20,2009 NOA1 received for AOS,EAD,AP

March 23,2009 Biometrics appointment recvd

April 16,2009 Biometrics Appintment 8 am

APRIL 2 2009 CASE transferred to CSC

April 30,2009 Touched

May 01,2009 Touched

May 05,2009 EAD and AP Approved.(THANK GOD)

May 11,2009 AP Received

May 13,2009 EAD Received

May 15,2009 got my learner's permit for driving

June 02,2009 RFE for my Son's AOS

June 02,2009 Card Production ordered on mine

June 15 2009 RFE received(new I 693)

June 15, 2009 Card production again

June 17,2009 Got my DL in texas

June 23,2009 Got a touched for RFE on my son's case.Processing resumed

June 26,2009 Got my GC n the mail

June 29 2009 SOn's AOS finally approved

July 01,2009 Got a job!!god is good

Our prayers are with you. May God guide you to do whats best and to face the consequences with strenght and courage. We all go through life's challenges, sometimes we win and we can lose too but the most important thing is that we tried our best. All the replies will help you and your fiance decide what is the best thing to do and whatever it is accept the challenge, be brave and know that everything happens for a reason. Goodluck on your journey . .

Joe and Myla

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

• 3 years later...
Timeline

QUOTE (ronmay @ Sep 19 2007, 12:21 AM) QUOTE (vsmtghdy @ Sep 18 2007, 11:07 PM) QUOTE (prettynpink @ Sep 18 2007, 09:11 PM) once again thank u so much..uve been very helpful..just one more question is it safe to disclose that i had suicide attempt then?or can i say i had it in an accident ..i know no matter wat i say they wud still refer me to psychological evaluation....just want to know if i can just say its from an accident...please once again i ask for help...pasensya na po kung makulit me...god bless

i agree with doc helen good.gif

psych evaluation requires a whole perspective of studying your behavior, the way you answer to the question and the way your body responds to every words/questions they are throwing at you. when you say 'yes' but your body tells otherwise then you're screwed... i know honesty sometimes can lead you to more complications, but most likely it will help you go through to this process... what we've done in the past only reflect us to who we are now, whether to change us for the better or for the worse. but by coming out and telling the truth and becoming more responsible to our actions, only tells/shows maturity... and im sure st. lukes will give you credit for that... good.gif i truly hope you'll be with your fiance in the end of this journey... God bless!!!

thanks so much guys for all your help..u have cleared all my doubts regarding this matter...i was scared to tell the truth about it on medical cos i have read that some tends to be very honest yet they get denied..but my case is different from the one who got denied..i will be ready for it...its gonna be tough but its the only way out...

Hi, I read your post and I went through the same ordeal. Please give more information about how you managed your interview and did you have any more concerns about your medical result? Thank you and I wish you all the best.

Here's my story:

Thank you so much in advance for your responses. I'm just really concerned about the fact that I denied the real reason the first time merely because I was so afraid that it could affect my process and of course being with the man I love. During the evaluation the doctor offered me a chance to restate the real reason as he was not buying my alibi. I apologized several times and said I did not mean to insult or offend anyone and that I was only afraid that my past will be a hindrance to my future. I began telling the doctor that it was way back in High School and inflicted that on my self because I was lonely and wanted a better attention from my mom. I told him that when my mom saw my wounds 2-3 days later we talked about it and the relationship improved slowly. The doctor asked if I repeated it and I said no...and I really didn't :) On the information sheet, it was clear that I am a functioning member of the society and worked in few of the top BPO companies in the Philippines and had been a manager.

I know I'm not insane (lol) but I am concerned about the initial denial. Also, after my statement of the truth, I cried as I repeated my apology to the doctor for denying the facts and that I was just really afraid of how this could affect my dream, future and being with the man I love.

Will this affect my interview? Please all your responses will be highly appreciated. My interview is only in a few days.

Edited by fight4love

Don't lie.. just be honest and you should be okay.. goodluck!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Oh man, I hope my wife scar will not be a big issue and put her to psychiatric eval. on her medical exam next week. She have a scar on the back of her hand (close to wrist). It's not a slashed scar... She fell on a contruction manhole, It was flooded that time...

Edited by rhenzhen

05/08/2010: Married
03/18/2011: I-130 Sent
03/21/2011: NOA1 noticed date
05/27/2011: NOA2 noticed date
06/28/2011: NVC finally received our case!
06/30/2011: Case number received!
07/01/2011: Received DS-3032 from NVC
07/04/2011: Wifey e-mailed DS-3032 form to NVC
07/06/2011: Paid AOS bill
07/09/2011: DS-3032 received/processed by NVC
07/11/2011: IV bill received :
07/22/2011: IV bill paid
07/25/2011: AOS/I-864 packet mailed
07/27/2011: AOS/I-864 packet delivered to NVC
08/02/2011: DS-230 packet mailed to NVC
08/03/2011: DS-230 packet delivered to NVC
08/08/2011: Medical Exam Taken
08/09/2011: Medical Results: PASSED! Yehey!

08/10/2011: Case Completed / Sign In Failed

08/12/2011: Interview date assigned : September 19, 8:30am @ USEM... Yay!
09/19/2011: WIFE'S VISA APPROVED!!!
Thank YOU Lord!
09/23/2011: Wife picked up her VISA..
10/24/2011: POE: J.F.K.-NY

ROC

08/26/2013: i-751 mailed

08/28/2013: i-751 received per USPS tracking...

08/29/2013: NOA receipt date

10/04/2013: Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.