bbwings3

DCF Italy-- a few more questions. Please help!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

What great info on this forum! In fact, there's so much that now I am a bit more confused! ha ha

It's just because I have a young infant who doesn't sleep much, so my computer search time has been painfully limited.

I am the USC and my husband is Italian. We've begun the Family-based Immigrant Visa process and since we live in Italy, did the DCF !-130 route through Rome and now it's at Naples.

Here's what I am trying to find out, and I hope someone can help.

1. COSTS TO EXPECT. We just received Packet 3 by e-mail yesterday. (hooray!!) I'm trying now to get an idea of the upcoming costs. I know in Naples, the medical exam is 180 Euro. Then the needed shots are separate. Is the fee for processing the DS-230 $335, and if so, how and when does that get paid? Since I'm doing DCF, I understand there is not the $70 fee for the I-864 review, correct? I also read somewhere on here that there is an IV security surcharge of $45. True?

Are there also going to be fingerprinting fees or any others to expect at this point in the process? I submitted my I-130 before the fees went up, so at least that was done, but now I am so confused about what else to expect for costs. I just need to budget an appropriate amount from here on out. Thanks for any help!!

2. WORK AND MORE CONFUSION. Our original intent was to go back to the US to my home state and then begin life there. Welllllllll, it just so happened that just last week, my husband received a job offer for the US by an Italian company here who has a branch there too. It's a US contract, not Italian. So once we get the family visa, we will be going to a Different State and we'll be living off HIS income there to start. So, does that help or complicate things at this point? Is there a way I can use his future salary and employment as part of the I-864? How? What do I do now and when? Is this even allowed (an offer of employment)? Hmm, can you sense the anxiety in my post? :help: ha ha ha

I know I have a couple more questions but I'll post those later because this is already lots to ask! Thank you all so much for any and all advice!!

Grazie!

~Mrs. M~

... * Bloom Where You're Planted * ...

USC married to Italian-- one adorable baby-- living and working in Italy the last several years-- but now having to return to US-- YIKES!!

Hi Mrs. M,

Congratulations on the approval of your I-130 and on your husband's job offer. I don't have any thoroughly reliable answers to your questions, but my understanding is that the fee should be $335 + $45. As for the job offer, I think you'll still need to do the Affidavit of Support as if that job didn't exist. But I assume that adding it as an addendum will significantly strengthen your case.

I'm also starting DCF in Italy. I'll send my I-130 sometime next week I think. I posted my cover letter on the DCFers: Please Post Your Cover Letters thread

yesterday, but haven't had any responses. Would you mind taking a look and giving me your opinion. Since you just did it yourself, you should know what works!

Thanks and best wishes!

Sep 11, 2007 ...... sent I-130 to Rome Embassy (USCIS District Office)

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Oct 25, 2007 ....... received packet 3 by e-mail

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ciao! Thanks so much for your reply! I sent a PM to you, so check that out. :)

I also just found the Italia sub-forum and posted a couple of other questions there about lodging and transportation when interview time comes.

So, now your time has come to join this big adventure ride too! Hooray! :dance:

... * Bloom Where You're Planted * ...

USC married to Italian-- one adorable baby-- living and working in Italy the last several years-- but now having to return to US-- YIKES!!

bbwings3-

Congrats on the I-130 approval! So glad things are moving right along for you!

When you 2 attend his interview, almost everything will take palce at one window (like at the bank) they will review the documents requested and then send you upstairs to pay the whole 380.00 and get a reciept. You will go back down stairs, give that to the same window and then wait until you are called again to the same booth for the interview. Real simple.

The total fee was $380.00, which included everything, and was paid at the Consulate on the day of the interview. I never saw any documentation about what costed what and no fingerprints were taken at the time of the interview.

Does your husband have a letter from the US company stating their intent to hire, salary and dates expected?

Don't start stressing and making yourself problems, just post and get those worries out!

I'll be on a months vacation soon, ill try to check in here!

We are finally activating hubby's visa!!

Bree

hi whattodo and NJ!

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Dear bbwings3,

it is so nice to hear there are other people sharing the same adventure and feelings.

I am an italian citizen, married to a US wife. We live in Parma. We applied for DCF because I had an important job offer form Chicago (amazing city...) but H1B were expired.

I am in a difficult situation because the company is pushing to have me as soon as possible, but I do not know exactly when the process will be over.

We applied the I-130 petition on Jul 25th and it was approved on Aug. 20th. Then it was sent to Naples, but, since then, I haven't heard anything. I tried to call them, email them, but there is no way to get in touch with anybody that can be helpful.

Since some documents can need months to be prepared, I must know asap what will be future steps.

Is this packet 3 something they are going to send us with all the required instructions? How long did you receive it, after your petiton was approved?

Did the US consulate send it to you? Is it possible to find somewhere a copy of this packet 3?

Did you figure out if a job offer can be attached and somehow included in the I-864

If you have any other question, please let me know. I hope we can share our knowledge and help each other.

Thanks and good luck!

Qwain

Jul 25th 2007 - I-130 petition filed to Rome
Aug 20th 2007 - notice of acceptance and file sent to Naples
Oct 2007 - Appointment in Naples (very easy interview, no problem)
Nov 21st 2007 - Entered the US in Chicago
March 2008 - Received Permanent Resident Card

Sept 2009 - Filed I-751 to remove conditional status
Oct 2009 - Biometrics done
Jan 2010 - More document requested
Feb 2010 - Green Card received

Feb 2011 - Filed for US citizenship

Oct 2011 - Naturalization application was lost by USCIS

Nov 2011 - Case re-opened

March 2012 - Approved, citizenship!

Dear bbwings3,

it is so nice to hear there are other people sharing the same adventure and feelings.

I am an italian citizen, married to a US wife. We live in Parma. We applied for DCF because I had an important job offer form Chicago (amazing city...) but H1B were expired.

I am in a difficult situation because the company is pushing to have me as soon as possible, but I do not know exactly when the process will be over.

We applied the I-130 petition on Jul 25th and it was approved on Aug. 20th. Then it was sent to Naples, but, since then, I haven't heard anything. I tried to call them, email them, but there is no way to get in touch with anybody that can be helpful.

Qwain

How funny. When I saw your first post on the DCF board, Qwain, I assumed you were bbwings' husband since your stories and timing are so similar!

I'm just behind you all in the process, sending my I-130 this week. I'm posting my non-expert responses to your questions on your other thread, DCF in Naples . See you around!

(By the way, I'm going to be changing my display name soon. Whattodo only made sense when I wrote my first inquiry and didn't have a clue about what path I should follow. I'll let you know when I change so you can all recognize me :) Ciao.)

Sep 11, 2007 ...... sent I-130 to Rome Embassy (USCIS District Office)

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Oct 25, 2007 ....... received packet 3 by e-mail

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.