shes

I NEED AN "A to Z" GUIDE FOR THE FIANCE(E) VISA APPLICATION

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone! im new here so let me get this straight.... my fiance, (an american) and i decided to wedd and were both so excited about it. we've been together for more than 2 yrs and finally decided to settle down. but before that official wedding date comes, i know there will be filings and processing we need to go through first and that is for him to file the I-29F application to the USCIS. we're on the very 1st step on this and i posted this thread because i believe my fellow filipinos and other peeps from different countries here in VJ will be of great help for me and my fiance's dream of becoming together for life. i will make this thread an "update" on whats going on about OUR application up to last event of the processing and anyone who reads this thread and wants to give advice will be greatly appreciated from the bottom of me and my fiance's heart. thanks a bunch!

Our 1st concern: what do you think of the lists of what my fiance is planning to submit to the USCIS

I-29F

his and my Biographic info

passport style pictures of me and him

receipts from the hotels

receipts from the courier

boarding ticket

plane ticket

photocopies of the pages of his passport

love letters from me

printed out copies of chat logs and emails

pictures of us with captions at the back

a cd copy of a video clip of us (can we also send a "material" aside from paper documents,like a cd??)

are there anything else he needs to add up to all these stuffs?

2nd concern: do he also needs to send a copy of MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE together with all those stuffs with the I-29F

thanks hope to hear from you guys! :blush:

Edited by shes

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Welcome to VJ :thumbs: May I suggest you study the guide here on VJ and then if you have questions please ask. I am sure you will be able to manage the process and will be in America before you know it. Good luck :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.