doodlebug

Egyptians

did the beneficiary have his/her fingerprints taken?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. did the beneficiary have his/her fingerprints taken?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. if the answer to the above is yes, did your case ever go to DOS for security checks?

• yes
    • no it's still stuck in Cairo
    • the answer to the above was no.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just want to see if asking for fingerprints is related to a case being sent to DOS from Cairo.

Edited by doodlebug

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just asked my hubby. At the interview he had both index fingers printed. He said he never had a full set. I do know of others though that had to go back for a full set. Our case did get sent to DOS too, but that was a year ago. Sounds things have changed a bit in Cairo.

Timeline

Thanks for answering. This is depressing for me. I hope others who have not had their case sent to DOS start responding so I'll stop freaking out. My husband did not have ANY fingerprints that I know of. I will ask him when I talk to him later.

:(

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

My answer was no. He had his fingerprints taken at the police station for the police record, but he didn't have them taken at the embassy. (I hope I answered the question right)

And, his case is still in Cairo. (But we did DCF, so that might make a difference.)

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Timeline

Ok freakout over officially. lol.

My baby got all ten fingers printed or whatever.

I guess that's worse than just two though huh? UGH I'll never be happy until he just gets the frikkin visaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hey Doodle , sorry i had to post this again here :hehe:

Do you all think this is true? I could swear I have heard of people getting their visas who did NOT get any fingerprints taken .

methink this could happen only in case if the USCIS or the consulate already hav a record of the persons fingerprints .. ex. somebody who applied for a tourist visa a few weeks bfore his immigrant visa interview .

sometimes .. the consul would miss to collect the fingerprints at the visa interview and in these cases they call the applicant and ask him to come back for his fingerprint to be taken .

10 fingerprints is rarely needed .. in most cases it's just the two index .

also for immigrant visa interview we have to provide the embassy with a full fingerprints police report from a local police station .. but they still have to collect the two index fingerprints anyway .

we had DCF for CR1 .. index fingerprints has been taken at the interview .. case never been sent to the DOS :idea:

Doodle plz tell me did they take his 10 fingerprints at the interview ? or no fingerprints at all has been taken ?

Timeline

Do you all think this is true? I could swear I have heard of people getting their visas who did NOT get any fingerprints taken .

methink this could happen only in case if the USCIS or the consulate already hav a record of the persons fingerprints .. ex. somebody who applied for a tourist visa a few weeks bfore his immigrant visa interview .

sometimes .. the consul would miss to collect the fingerprints at the visa interview and in these cases they call the applicant and ask him to come back for his fingerprint to be taken .

also for immigrant visa interview we have to provide the embassy with a full fingerprints police report from a local police station .. but they still have to collect the two index fingerprints anyway .

we had DCF for CR1 .. index fingerprints has been taken at the interview .. case never been sent to the DOS :idea:

Doodle plz tell me did they take his 10 fingerprints at the interview ? or no fingerprints at all has been taken ?

All ten fingers were fingerprinted at the interview and in addition he gave fingerprints at the police for his report.

Guess they must think he's dangerous 'cause they took so many prints? :unsure:

I mean he says he doesn't like cats but then he goes everyday to feed the two little sister and brother kittens at his old flat. Even when we had bugs in one flat that we stayed in he was mad that I stepped on one 'cause he just wanted to take them and put them outside instead of killing them.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

All ten fingers were fingerprinted at the interview and in addition he gave fingerprints at the police for his report.

Guess they must think he's dangerous 'cause they took so many prints? :unsure:

I mean he says he doesn't like cats but then he goes everyday to feed the two little sister and brother kittens at his old flat. Even when we had bugs in one flat that we stayed in he was mad that I stepped on one 'cause he just wanted to take them and put them outside instead of killing them.

Think of it this way.....at least they have all 10 prints so they won't have to ask for them later on if they were needed. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

My husband had his two index prints taken, too. His case went to DOS. Maybe this is something new with the complete set of prints. It used to be only the index were taken then if they needed additional checks they would order a complete set and you would have to pay an extra $85.

Timeline

ok i see it now .. i have heard that full fingerprints is needed only when a name hit is found .. but that's fine as it doesn't mean a bad thing coz it's just an initiat process and would be corrected once they check the name and the fingerprints on their system .

but the strange thing is .. when they ask for a full fingerprints the one would think hey they will send it the next day to the DOS for checking .. but unfortunately they don't .

what i can see now is .. taking the finger print or not taking them doesn't relate to the matter of sending the case to the DOS or not sending it .

Filed: Timeline

I wonder if those who had a full set taken at the get go are the same ones whose cases are staying in Cairo. I would think everyone would have at least their index prints taken in order to have security checks done.

Has anyone who has had an interview in the past month or so had their case sent to DOS?

Timeline

My husband had his interview in May and I believe he had prints of his index fingers taken. Our case was sent to DOS in May and checks were completed the first week in June. I called DOS and was told that everything was completed and that there was no reason why Cairo couldn't issue the visa........................that phone call took place June 9th. :crying:

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline

Well then maybe it makes more sense to me now since he had all fingerprints and he is stuck in Cairo and never gone to DOS. Must have had a name hit.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

hmmm...I have 4 people who say "the answer to the above is no", and yet only 2 no's in the answer above.

:lol::lol::lol: Perhaps Saturday nights' are not the best times to ask these questions. :lol::lol::lol:

So has anyone other than my husband had to get all ten fingers printed? :unsure: Now I wanna know what list he got the name hit on!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.