spidergirl

Cheapest Overseas Call to the Philippines

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, im using Owtel long distance to call my family in the Philippines, its really cheap, i can only spend $5 for a 25minutes call. Whats yours?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys, im using Owtel long distance to call my family in the Philippines, its really cheap, i can only spend $5 for a 25minutes call. Whats yours?

I just started using talkloop.com (this is my referral link by the way) and I love it! if you dial a local access number its only 16.9 cents / minute, plus it keeps all your call logs which is perfect for the interview

Edited by niceguy26

Mid-June filer, Mid-July NOA1 :(...

6/21/07 - I-129F Sent : transferred to CSC at some point...

7/12/07 - Received date as shown on NOA1 Hardcopy

7/18/07 - NOA1

7/21/07 - Check FINALLY Cashed!!!

7/24/07 - Finally got receipt number off the back of cancelled check!

11/23/07 - Our first ever touch!

11/27/07 - Touched on website

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

I-129f was approved in 160 days from your filing date.

12/21/07 - Received at NVC and assigned case number!

12/27/07 - Case forwarded to USEM

01/04/07 - Case received by USEM

02/25/08 - Scheduled St. Luke's Medical Appointment 7:00 AM

03/03/08 - Interview at USEM APPROVED

Timeline

Also, you can set it up so that your access number recognizes your phone number (caller ID) so you dont have to enter a PIN everytime. I also only have to press "1" do dial up my fiancee's number, because i set it up like that on my account. Much better than the old card I was using (WPC)

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

17.9 cents a minute which is a little less than the $5 for 25 minutes. www.ppdlt.net

You can set it up just like talkloop that niceguy was talking, plus it also has logs and the sound quality is good.

Edited by Steve_Donna

Removing Conditions

11/29/09 - I-751 Sent

11/30/09 - I-751 Received

12/01/11 - NOA

08/24/12 - Approved, no interview, card ordered

AOS/EAD/AP

06/11/09 - AOS/EAD/AP Sent

12/29/09 - AOS Approved, no interview, card ordered

01/04/10 - LPR card received

-------

Please update your time-line, it benefits us all.

Timeline

I pay $4/month plus 13 cents a minute with ATT Philippines long distance plan. Get a monthly bill with each and every call, time and number on it.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Our whole family uses Tawag Na Direct.

Rates:

US to Phils = 12.9cents

Phils to US = 10cents

The only thing is, it's prepaid and no call logs.

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was using calling cards at $5.00 each with 40 mins per card. Sometime I'd spend a $100.00 a month and now....

I pay $59.99 a month and I can call my wife anytime and talk unlimited...I can use a land line or a cell phone. Also, since I have nationwide long distance, I can call her from anywhere in the USA and talk as long as I want.

She can take her cell phone anywhere, and no matter when or where she goes, I can call her.. I have local direct access number.....no calling cards, no per minute charges...just UNLIMITED.. :dance:

:thumbs:

A bull horn.... Hehehehe!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

I was using calling cards at $5.00 each with 40 mins per card. Sometime I'd spend a $100.00 a month and now....

I pay $59.99 a month and I can call my wife anytime and talk unlimited...I can use a land line or a cell phone. Also, since I have nationwide long distance, I can call her from anywhere in the USA and talk as long as I want.

She can take her cell phone anywhere, and no matter when or where she goes, I can call her.. I have local direct access number.....no calling cards, no per minute charges...just UNLIMITED.. :dance:

:thumbs:

I am so jealous! they dont have that service where she lives! :( I keep checking back with them every couple of weeks

Michael, what company is that ?

this is the one I wish i could get. It covers most areas of Philippines

http://www.aspen-communication.com/MabuhayCalls/

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

gosh its really cheap... my husband has been holding his breath on me lol :blush: coz i always have $200/month long distance charges :unsure:

ive read all these phone cards but i wasnt really sure then if its reliable or not but i guess it is hearing from you guys... ill surely consider it soon.

edit: shpelleng... lol

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay...Here's the scoop..This is only available in the Philippines..If you only knew how much money I have spent for calling cards...Anywaysssssss...

This company has several different packages too..You'll have to visit their website and see if the person you want to call is in one of their calling areas..Unfortunately, some areas aren't covered...but anyways

http://www.mabuhaycalls.com/

They have two way and one way calling. I use the one way calling. My wife has a cell phone that was furnished by them....they even delivered it right to her..I set up an account with them and my credit card is charged monthly. They have US numbers for technical support and customer support in case you have a problem. What I do is call a local access number, punch in my account number, then dial my wife's cell phone number...she answers and we talk unlimited...for only $65.00 a month.. I said earlier it was $59.00. I couldn't remember the actual price. Anyways, it's still a fantastic deal. I actually pay like $2.50 extra for direct dialing. All I have to do is dial her number direct without dialing any account number. The calls are very clear too. She carries her cell phone wherever she goes and as long as there is a signal, I can call her. Depends on her and the location of the cell phone towers. You can only call your recipient too. It doesn't work if you wanna call your sister, your uncle or the Jolly Bee...You can only call her. But it's UNLIMITED...

I am not a salesperson of this company and this is not SPAM...I'm jst a happy customer

Tell them you heard this from Michael in Charlotte North Carolina too

A bull horn.... Hehehehe!!!

a.k.a - MICROPHONE!!! Hehehehe!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

Okay...Here's the scoop..This is only available in the Philippines..If you only knew how much money I have spent for calling cards...Anywaysssssss...

This company has several different packages too..You'll have to visit their website and see if the person you want to call is in one of their calling areas..Unfortunately, some areas aren't covered...but anyways

http://www.mabuhaycalls.com/

They have two way and one way calling. I use the one way calling. My wife has a cell phone that was furnished by them....they even delivered it right to her..I set up an account with them and my credit card is charged monthly. They have US numbers for technical support and customer support in case you have a problem. What I do is call a local access number, punch in my account number, then dial my wife's cell phone number...she answers and we talk unlimited...for only $65.00 a month.. I said earlier it was $59.00. I couldn't remember the actual price. Anyways, it's still a fantastic deal. I actually pay like $2.50 extra for direct dialing. All I have to do is dial her number direct without dialing any account number. The calls are very clear too. She carries her cell phone wherever she goes and as long as there is a signal, I can call her. Depends on her and the location of the cell phone towers. You can only call your recipient too. It doesn't work if you wanna call your sister, your uncle or the Jolly Bee...You can only call her. But it's UNLIMITED...

I am not a salesperson of this company and this is not SPAM...I'm jst a happy customer

Tell them you heard this from Michael in Charlotte North Carolina too

you said you have to pay $2.50 extra for direct dialing.. Is that fee every time you make a call or just one time fee? the one way calling is does that mean I can either choose to call him in the philippines and he won't be able to call me ?

Hello Everyone. Finally go reunited with my fiance and now husband. We are soo happy.... After 2 years since we filed 7/28/07 we received our visa on August 4, 2009... don't give up. if you know USEM is wrong fight for it... We did...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.