Sienna

Northern Ireland Police Certificates

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm hoping someone can advise us. My fiance, who is in Northern Ireland, is in a bit of a panic. He thinks he ordered his police certificate from the wrong place. He downloaded the one from VJ for the UK and sent it in. He got it back this morning and looked at it and said something to the effect of he had no criminal record in London or surrounding areas, but for other areas, he'd have to fill out a regional form. This was apparently a national form he'd filled out. So this isn't the right one is it? He needs to get a regional from Northern Ireland, isn't that right?

2007:

February - May: extended visit to States, engagement.

5/4: I-129F sent (Texas Service Center, forwarded to California Service Center)

5/11: Petition received at California Service Center.

5/16: Check cleared. NOA1 online (no hard copy received yet)

6/19: NOA1 hard copy arrived FINALLY

7/16: Sent off for Police Certificate (U.K.)

8/22: TOUCHED due to phone call (RFE Trick, was told case wasn't assigned yet)

9/20:APPROVED!!! After 127 days from NOA1 and 139 days from filing date.

10/23: Spoke to Kelly at NVC who said they should have received our petition by now. She advised I send a copy of our NOA2 directly to the NVC office, which I did immediately. :-)

10/26: NVC RECEIVES CASE!

10/30: NVC SENDS CASE TO LONDON CONSULATE

11/1: Consulate receives case in London AND sends out Packet 3.

11/6: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate (we'd downloaded the forms on VJ and had them completed already)

11/22: Appointment for Medical.

2008:

01/08: Interview scheduled for 10 a.m. APPROVED!!!

02/01/08: Stephen comes to America!!!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawl.gif

Did he send it to/file it in person with his local constabulary, or send it to the Metropolitan Police? Which form did he use? The Embassy's own guidelines on doing this are: "In order to obtain the required statement, you should apply to your local police station, where you will be given the application forms. When completing the application form, the applicable category is "prosecution/conviction history". There is a fee of £10 sterling."

Local police certificates are not what they want. Ask your fiance exactly which form he used, and where he sent it. If he has never lived in London, he shouldn't have sent it there. I know it's confusing! :wacko:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
Did he send it to/file it in person with his local constabulary, or send it to the Metropolitan Police? Which form did he use? The Embassy's own guidelines on doing this are: "In order to obtain the required statement, you should apply to your local police station, where you will be given the application forms. When completing the application form, the applicable category is "prosecution/conviction history". There is a fee of £10 sterling."

Local police certificates are not what they want. Ask your fiance exactly which form he used, and where he sent it. If he has never lived in London, he shouldn't have sent it there. I know it's confusing! :wacko:

Thanks, Maven. We know now that what he got is wrong. So this is what we're sending in now:

Dat1: application for access to you personal data on police service of northern ireland information systems

http://www.psni.police.uk/dat.pdf

Is this right?

2007:

10/23: Spoke to Kelly at NVC who said they should have received our petition by now. She advised I send a copy of our NOA2 directly to the NVC office, which I did immediately. :-)

11/6: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate (we'd downloaded the forms on VJ and had them completed already)

2008:

Filed: Other Timeline

Hun, I would say he must have ordered the wrong thing.

The form you have linked is different than the one we used two years ago. Nevertheless, Wes did follow the procedure that elmcitymaven outlined about - he filed at the local police station using a form they provided.

Timeline
Hun, I would say he must have ordered the wrong thing.

The form you have linked is different than the one we used two years ago. Nevertheless, Wes did follow the procedure that elmcitymaven outlined about - he filed at the local police station using a form they provided.

ARRRGHHHH! Okay, well I'm going to have him go down to his local police station then. Thanks Becca and Maven!!! I appreciate the advice.

2007:

2008:

• 2 weeks later...

Sienna,

I was just reading your post. My husband (USC) and I...(northern ireland resident) have just started the spouse visa process to get me over to the USA. I went last weekend to my local PSNI station with the form you have linked to. Is this the right form for me to have filled in to get a police certificate? Did you and your partner find out? When I went I had only ticked the box to get the Northern Ireland records checked as I have never lived in England...but they told me to check the nationwide box as they said embassies always want to see nationwide records even if you have never left Northern Ireland....its such a COMPLICATED process!!!! I hope your application is moving faster than mine!

indigogirl1976

Timeline
Sienna,

I was just reading your post. My husband (USC) and I...(northern ireland resident) have just started the spouse visa process to get me over to the USA. I went last weekend to my local PSNI station with the form you have linked to. Is this the right form for me to have filled in to get a police certificate? Did you and your partner find out? When I went I had only ticked the box to get the Northern Ireland records checked as I have never lived in England...but they told me to check the nationwide box as they said embassies always want to see nationwide records even if you have never left Northern Ireland....its such a COMPLICATED process!!!! I hope your application is moving faster than mine!

indigogirl1976

Hi Indigo,

Yes, the form we linked to is the correct form. Stephen double checked with the local Police Station and they assured us it was the correct one. If you followed the instructions they gave, then you're good I'm sure.

And no, our application process is not moving fast at all. :( We're coming up on day 117 since our NOA1 and we haven't had any inclination at all that our application has even been assigned yet. So very frustrating. But hopefully things will pick up and start moving again soon. Best of luck to you! I'll check in and stalk your timeline to see how things are going!

2007:

2008:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.