anjogo11

Foreign Partner Coming to U.S. on Tourist Visa B2, Marriage, Returning to Home Country for CR1 Process - IS THIS OKAY?

17 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, anjogo11 said:

Good to hear! I'm asking others this as well, but my partner is worried they will ask later in the interview why you didn't use a K1 to get married and  used the Tourist VISA instead.  She doesn't want to get in trouble.  As a foreigner she is just unfamiliar with how the U.S. does  things and doesn't want to do the wrong thing.  Thanks for any advice.

Qn on why not use K1 to get married, my answer would be simply that K1 and CR1 takes about the same time. Since we are both committed, CR1 is more superior in starting our lives together and moving on. 

I also echo what others have asked. Which country is she from, does she has Esta or B1/2, or needs to apply for a tourist visa? 

As a foreigner, she should be interested to find out such questions herself. Recommend for her to join VJ and address her concerns here directly. 

Edited by ShazShaz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
21 hours ago, anjogo11 said:

When you did the interview, did they ask you any questions pertaining to why you used a tourist VISA to get married or something of that nature?  My partner is worried they will ask why we didn't use a K1 VISA to get married and used a tourist VISA instead, and I would like to qualm those fears.  

We haven't done the interview yet. It should be happening soon. As several have said and it is time to stop worrying about it, IT IS A NON-ISSUE.

Your bigger problem is getting a tourist visa. It will be difficult, if your fiance' doesn't already have hers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.