MichaelaH

DS-260 filed, cannot submit documents?

5 posts in this topic

I self-petitioned for EB-2 with NIW on 17th January 2023 and had it approved in April 2023.

My case was resent to NVC. By Visa Bulletin, since January 2024, the Date for Filing for my visa category is 15th February 2023, so as far as I found out, I should get Welcome Letter and do the steps needed to become Documentarily Complete.

I never got a Welcome Letter or another contact from NVC.

I contacted NVC, got my login info. I paid fees, submitted DS-260, but there is no option to upload documents.

As far as I know, there are three ways to send documents:

- upload to CEAC : can not do because the option is missing (I am self-petitioned so I do not need Affidavit of Support) 

- send by mail: can not do because one NEEDS to include Cover Sheet from Welcome Letter, which I never got.

- send by email: maybe I should try this? But they write one shouldn't unless specifically asked. But then, NVC didnt bother ask or inform me of anything so far.

I also contacted NVC about not having the Cover Sheet, twice. I got a generic reply to the first, and that they are resending the Welcome Letter to the second. After that, I got into my mailbox a letter, that they resent the Welcome Letter. I did not get the Welcome Letter itself. I'm lost, how do I submit the documents? Anyone faced similar issue?

2023-01-17    I-140: EB-2+NIW Received by USCIS

2023-05-16   I-140: EB-2+NIW Approved, case resent to NVC

2023-07-20   Obtained login to CEAC through Ask NVC

2024-01-01   'Dates for Filing' is 15FEB23 for EB-2. 

2024-03-26   Obtained Welcome Letter from NVC through Ask NVC 

Next step: Send NVC the documents.

As an EB applicant, your only option is to mail the documents. Do you have a lawyer, has the WL gone to them maybe? Daft question, but you've checked your junk/spam folder I assume?

10 hours ago, appleblossom said:

As an EB applicant, your only option is to mail the documents. Do you have a lawyer, has the WL gone to them maybe? Daft question, but you've checked your junk/spam folder I assume?

• I thought so, thank you. Since I can not seem to be able to get hold on my Cover Sheet, can I just use someone elses Cover Sheet and replace the case number with my own?
  • No, I do not have a lawyer, I don't know how to find reliable and affordable lawyer, feels like a labyrinthine jungle to me.
  • Yes, I check the spam folder.. but GMail could be so aggressive it doesn't even bother to deliver it into spam folder. What is the email address they send it from? I could whitelist it in GMail and try to get them to send it again.

• 4 weeks later...

@Pingubai I found a solution which worked for me! Maybe give it a try. Good luck!

1. I found out elsewhere that they do send from AskNVC@state.gov ... I whitelisted the email in my inbox like this 

2. I sent an AskNVC form telling them I did not get the Welcome Letter even on them resending it, that I suspect they may have incorrect address, what my email address is and to please resend it again. 

3. I got their reply, that they updated my address and are resending it

4. Two weeks later I got my Welcome Letter to the email :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.