AJ_87

Question regarding a message recieved in my CEAC portal after recieving Documentarly Qualified email

9 posts in this topic

I recieved the following message from NVC  regarding my wifes IR-1 Visa application.  I have a few questions but some background:

-Income reported for last 3 years (102k, 98k, 95k,) with a Tax Return Transcript for most recent year submitted along with I-864

-I recieved this message a few days after recieving my Documentarly Qualified email.

-Proof of Domicile was requested and provided

"The income reported as stated on form I-864, I-864A is insufficient to overcome the public charge grounds of inadmissibility for visa issuance. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos and https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. A consular officer will decide if you meet these requirements at the time of the interview. Note: You, as the sponsor, and any other sponsors household members and joint sponsors, must provide updated or additional evidence for the applicant to present at the time of their interview such as: * Other income * Assets * Proof of current employment Note: You submitted documentation to the National Visa Center through the Consular Electronic Application Center CEAC. You can continue to upload documents to CEAC up until the date of your visa interview"

1)Isnt my income suffient enough given the figures i stated?

2)For the part that says "Note you as the sponsor must provide updated or additional evidence to present at the time of interview" 

-Other income: dont have any

-Assets: Own two cars thats about it

-Proof of current employment - have not provided any documentation of that up untill now.

Would appreciate some insight on how to proceed. Should i get a joint sponsor? any advice would be appreciated.

If you can prove in the interview that your income+ assets are sufficient for household size and as per NVC guidelines then ignore this message. Only one car will be counted as an Asset. Otherwise get a Joint sponsor and upload  AOS and supporting documents from JS to NVC once your case is transfer to the embassy. Also upload latest pay stub and employment letter indicating your salary (if possible) before an interview.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/i-864-affidavit-faqs.html

Edited by Leo The Great

Thank you for the reply.

My understanding is basically this message is automatic and a reminder of some sort because my AOS/JS will be evaluated at the interview. NVC makes sure the documents are correct.

1) I got a JS waitng on proof of domicile:

- Would a Vehicle Registration and Drivers license bearing the same address as the AOS qualify as Proof of Domicile?

2) Im employed overseas so pay stubs arent available is my Tax transcripts and Employment letter sufficient enough?

*Im glade I found this forum because you just pointed me to a major whole in my application, I never provided an employment letter will do that ASAP 🙏. 

Much appreciated. 

>>2) Im employed overseas so pay stubs arent available is my Tax transcripts and Employment letter sufficient enough?

*Im glade I found this forum because you just pointed me to a major whole in my application, I never provided an employment letter will do that ASAP

Only US income and US Assets can be used for AOS (I-864). If it is foreign income, you better look for Joint Sponsor(if not) or use JS US income on AOS.

>>1) I got a JS waitng on proof of domicile:

- Would a Vehicle Registration and Drivers license bearing the same address as the AOS qualify as Proof of Domicile?

Generally Tax transcript with US address is sufficient as a proof of domicile. Alternative you may provide Drivers license from your/JS  state in US. It will be accepted.

If you living abroad then proving your US Domicile at interview will be another issue. Please provide more detail about your residency (Petitioner)

Edited by Leo The Great

You have to reestablish domicile intent before interview otherwise visa will be delayed

I would suggest upload and mention formal Rental agreement  from your parent in above letter as a separate bullet point + Show some emails that you are actively seeking jobs in USA or enroll for physical courses in USA college . You need to upload everything one week before interview and also take proof of intent to reestablish domicile to the interview . 

Sometimes petitioner move to USA prior to interview to reestablish domicile.

Edited by Leo The Great

Ok noted, in the process of getting the advice provided in order.

Question: 

1) My brother recently completed his CR-1  visa process for his wife & got her Greencard he is stateside. Is it possible for him to be my JS for my application given he meets all requirements? 

Thank you

56 minutes ago, AJ_87 said:

Ok noted, in the process of getting the advice provided in order.

Question: 

1) My brother recently completed his CR-1  visa process for his wife & got her Greencard he is stateside. Is it possible for him to be my JS for my application given he meets all requirements? 

Thank you

Yes as long long he meets income as well as JS requirements. He needs to include his wife as a household member(Part 5) when he fills I-864 for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.