BB_mamshie

I-130 October 2023 LPR Filing for F2A

5 posts in this topic

Didnt see a group dedicated to this month specifically. Starting one to see if anyone else filed this month. 

Submittied I130 Online 12OCT23

Reciept notice: 12OCT23

Sent to Texas Service Center.

I still dont fully understand the CSPA calculation. And i have concern if my child will age out. She turns 18 this November. 

any way i hope theres a few more people that filed this month so we can

LPR filing F2A for Child under 21:

Filed I130 online: 12OCT23

Receipt Notice: 12OCT23

Service Center: TSC

Multiple Emails stating action taken on case: 12-14OCT23

Estimated Time for Case Decision 3 months as of 14OCT23

Three more action taken on case emails: 15oct23

You can still sponsor her if she's over 21 and ages out, it just takes longer. @Boiler is a pro on the CPSA that might be able to help, but I'm not sure you'd know for sure until her PD is current in many years.

Edited by appleblossom

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

You can still sponsor her if she's over 21 and ages out, it just takes longer. @Boiler is a pro on the CPSA that might be able to help, but I'm not sure you'd know for sure until her PD is current in many years.

Thank you. I hope they start to move faster so this wont be an issue for us... 

1 hour ago, BB_mamshie said:

Thank you. I hope they start to move faster so this wont be an issue for us... 

I don’t think you want them to move faster. The Visa Bulletin isn’t likely to get any better due to the queue of people in front of you, so I think you want them to take a long time to approve the I-130, from my very limited knowledge of the CPSA. Hopefully somebody else will be able to explain it to you. 

Edited by appleblossom

57 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I don’t think you want them to move faster. The Visa Bulletin isn’t likely to get any better due to the queue of people in front of you, so I think you want them to take a long time to approve the I-130, from my very limited knowledge of the CPSA. Hopefully somebody else will be able to explain it to you. 

That’s my understanding of the i130 getting approved. I mean I hope they move faster with the priority date so it becomes current. 
that’s why I got nervous when the estimated time to decision is only 3 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.