ShazShaz

Police Records

6 posts in this topic

Hello all! 

According to NVC site for US Visa: Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country,

Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government bodies or other requestor to establish that the certificate is required by such authority and that a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that s/he has no criminal convictions. 

Can anyone enlighten me where I can get such document to file my police report request?

30 minutes ago, ShazShaz said:

Hello all! 

According to NVC site for US Visa: Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country,

Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government bodies or other requestor to establish that the certificate is required by such authority and that a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that s/he has no criminal convictions. 

Can anyone enlighten me where I can get such document to file my police report request?

Country for which police certificate is required?

2 hours ago, ShazShaz said:

Singapore. 

You can apply for Singapore police certificate online. There is three step process. 

Step 1. Submit the online Certificate of Clearance (Appeal). providing the details (FIN is needed  if you are non-Singaporean, they have separate link for Singaporean). Step 1 takes 1-2 weeks to approve

Step 2: Once the appeal is approved, you will receive email and submit the fee online

Step3: You need to download form from the website below and get rolled fingerprints and mail it to the address provided on their web site. 

You will receive COC in one month after the submission of fingerprint depending on your country of stay. If you are in Singapore, whole process will be very quick.

https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html

Edited by Leo The Great

12 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

You can apply for Singapore police certificate online. There is three step process. 

Thank you! 

I tried it earlier and it is asking me for a letter from the authority requesting the COC. I'm wondering if I should provide my I-130 approval instead, hence I'm asking of anyone else have come across this issue.

4 hours ago, ShazShaz said:

Thank you! 

I tried it earlier and it is asking me for a letter from the authority requesting the COC. I'm wondering if I should provide my I-130 approval instead, hence I'm asking of anyone else have come across this issue.

You can attach welcome letter from nvc. Just erase your login info from  nvc email image. 

Edited by Leo The Great

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.