andreaphilippus

I-130/A address too lengthy

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks!

I recently got married to a Japanese citizen in Japan, and am trying to file I-130 as soon as possible. While the other parts of I-130A could be filled out with no problem, I just have one problem with the length of Japanese street address. My spouse and I are filling the form electronically using Adobe Acrobat, but the problem is that the past address of my spouse is too long to fit into the address box given in the form. It is 39 characters in length (thanks to the phonetic structure of Japanese), and of course there is no way we can fit this in the secured PDF file (hand-writing on the paper does not work either). I then came up with an idea of using Part 7, providing the street address in Part 7 while leaving the street address parts of Part 1 with this sentence "*See Part 7 due to Length". Would this be fine or would there be alternative solutions to this? Thank you!

1 hour ago, andreaphilippus said:

Hi folks!

I recently got married to a Japanese citizen in Japan, and am trying to file I-130 as soon as possible. While the other parts of I-130A could be filled out with no problem, I just have one problem with the length of Japanese street address. My spouse and I are filling the form electronically using Adobe Acrobat, but the problem is that the past address of my spouse is too long to fit into the address box given in the form. It is 39 characters in length (thanks to the phonetic structure of Japanese), and of course there is no way we can fit this in the secured PDF file (hand-writing on the paper does not work either). I then came up with an idea of using Part 7, providing the street address in Part 7 while leaving the street address parts of Part 1 with this sentence "*See Part 7 due to Length". Would this be fine or would there be alternative solutions to this? Thank you!

Encountered a similar issue with Korean addresses. Did the same thing for I-130A.  

Petition was approved with no RFE

Will also suggest you look at alternate ways to write the Japanese address (I think we omitted name of apartment) and just wrote down apartment number/building name. 

26 minutes ago, Redro said:

Encountered a similar issue with Korean addresses. Did the same thing for I-130A.  

Petition was approved with no RFE

Will also suggest you look at alternate ways to write the Japanese address (I think we omitted name of apartment) and just wrote down apartment number/building name. 

Basically this is what it looks like atm:

image.thumb.png.5f313f6ec835558a85ca4cb2a05e04f5.png

image.thumb.png.9b5a3d4b3d2577de3c15ab994fa25f5a.png

does this look alright?

3 minutes ago, andreaphilippus said:

Basically this is what it looks like atm:

image.thumb.png.5f313f6ec835558a85ca4cb2a05e04f5.png

image.thumb.png.9b5a3d4b3d2577de3c15ab994fa25f5a.png

does this look alright?

This looks fine. Did you add hyphens to the street number and name section?

For physical address 2, I wouldn't partially fill out the address. Just write "See part 7" and write the address down in there. 

3 minutes ago, Redro said:

This looks fine. Did you add hyphens to the street number and name section?

For physical address 2, I wouldn't partially fill out the address. Just write "See part 7" and write the address down in there. 

The address contains hyphen (ex. Minami-ku), so yes I did add hyphens to the street number and name section.

For physical address 2 and the address outside the US for more than 1 year, do you mean just clear all the address part and add full address down in Part 7?

1 minute ago, andreaphilippus said:

The address contains hyphen (ex. Minami-ku), so yes I did add hyphens to the street number and name section. - I omitted the hyphens for Korean address e.g Gangnam-gu Seoul-si became GangnamGu SeoulSi.... (this was because I was feeling lazy after filling out the address so many times!)  

For physical address 2 and the address outside the US for more than 1 year, do you mean just clear all the address part and add full address down in Part 7? - Correct

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.