ironicstar

filing for k3 and loaning money in the bank

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone my husband and i will be filing for k3 visa on sept. the thing is my sister needs an immediate operation too

and because of that the only way on how can we have the money for the operation is to loan money in the bank. My question is will that loaned money will affect the visa that we will file? will they grant my visa even if i have a loaned money in the bank? :help:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi everyone my husband and i will be filing for k3 visa on sept. the thing is my sister needs an immediate operation too

and because of that the only way on how can we have the money for the operation is to loan money in the bank. My question is will that loaned money will affect the visa that we will file? will they grant my visa even if i have a loaned money in the bank? :help:

It could affect. Or not at all.

The bottom line is, when the petitioner provides the Affidavit of Support, it should show that he COULD support the beneficiary. Even if he's got loans and mortgages to pay but he's earning enough to pay these AND at the same time support the beneficiary, there should not be a problem.

Good luck.

AOS Journey (FROM K1)

05/18/2007 - Got married

05/21/2007 - AOS(I-485) and EAD(I-765) sent

05/22/2007 - AOS and EAD received by Chicago office (or Missouri Service Center)

05/29/2007 - AOS and EAD NOA1s received (dated 05/25/2007)

05/29/2007 - AOS and EAD touched

06/03/2007 - AOS and EAD touched

06/04/2007 - Biometrics appointment letter received

06/16/2007 - RFE received (dated 06/12/2007)

06/20/2007 - Biometrics appointment (Day 30)

06/20/2007 - EAD touched

06/21/2007 - RFE documents sent, EAD touched

06/26/2007 - AOS touched, "Case resumes" email received

07/16/2007 - Interview letter received (08/30/2007)

08/03/2007 - EAD approved, "Card production ordered" email received

08/06/2007 - EAD touched

08/30/2007 - AOS Initial Interview - APPROVED!

08/31/2007 - AOS "Card productin ordered" email received

Timeline

It could affect. Or not at all.

The bottom line is, when the petitioner provides the Affidavit of Support, it should show that he COULD support the beneficiary. Even if he's got loans and mortgages to pay but he's earning enough to pay these AND at the same time support the beneficiary, there should not be a problem.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply. the thing is i am the one that will borrow money here in the Phil and not him who is in the US. And yes He can afford to provide Affidavit of Support, what we are afraid of is that they won't give me a visa even though we have been together for 2 years and we can provide them all the proofs because of that loan. But if that will affect the visa then we wont loan then.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
thanks for the reply. the thing is i am the one that will borrow money here in the Phil and not him who is in the US. And yes He can afford to provide Affidavit of Support, what we are afraid of is that they won't give me a visa even though we have been together for 2 years and we can provide them all the proofs because of that loan. But if that will affect the visa then we wont loan then.

Oh so you're in the Phils and you are the one who is making the loan. Trust me it wont affect your visa at all. Before I left the Phils, I still owed some credit card companies like Citibank and HSBC (and until now I have not fully paid everything although Im paying every month). I got my K1 visa easily and I dont think you'll have any problem with yours.

The bottom line is, its not you who will be checked for financial concerns - but your husband. Because he will be the one responsible to support you when you get to the US.

Again, good luck. Im going to bed. Hehe.

AOS Journey (FROM K1)

05/18/2007 - Got married

05/21/2007 - AOS(I-485) and EAD(I-765) sent

05/22/2007 - AOS and EAD received by Chicago office (or Missouri Service Center)

05/29/2007 - AOS and EAD NOA1s received (dated 05/25/2007)

05/29/2007 - AOS and EAD touched

06/03/2007 - AOS and EAD touched

06/04/2007 - Biometrics appointment letter received

06/16/2007 - RFE received (dated 06/12/2007)

06/20/2007 - Biometrics appointment (Day 30)

06/20/2007 - EAD touched

06/21/2007 - RFE documents sent, EAD touched

06/26/2007 - AOS touched, "Case resumes" email received

07/16/2007 - Interview letter received (08/30/2007)

08/03/2007 - EAD approved, "Card production ordered" email received

08/06/2007 - EAD touched

08/30/2007 - AOS Initial Interview - APPROVED!

08/31/2007 - AOS "Card productin ordered" email received

I'm not fully understanding your concern. Loans are a separate issue from the affidavit of support. As long as he can prove that he makes enough money and/or has enough assets, then you'll be fine. They won't know about the loan - he's only going to be asked to show his income and assets not to show his debt.

EDIT - Oh, I see now that it is you who will be getting the loan in the Phillipines. That is definitely not related at all to the visa process.

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Timeline

Oh so you're in the Phils and you are the one who is making the loan. Trust me it wont affect your visa at all. Before I left the Phils, I still owed some credit card companies like Citibank and HSBC (and until now I have not fully paid everything although Im paying every month). I got my K1 visa easily and I dont think you'll have any problem with yours.

The bottom line is, its not you who will be checked for financial concerns - but your husband. Because he will be the one responsible to support you when you get to the US.

ok thanks at least now we have an idea on what to do ,., thanks so much for the reply and good nyt hehe

I'm not fully understanding your concern. Loans are a separate issue from the affidavit of support. As long as he can prove that he makes enough money and/or has enough assets, then you'll be fine. They won't know about the loan - he's only going to be asked to show his income and assets not to show his debt.

EDIT - Oh, I see now that it is you who will be getting the loan in the Phillipines. That is definitely not related at all to the visa process.

thanks for your input ,., we are just curious and afraid that it might affect the visa that we will file and of course we don't wanna mess up with that :)

ok thanks at least now we have an idea on what to do ,., thanks so much for the reply and good nyt hehe

thanks for your input ,., we are just curious and afraid that it might affect the visa that we will file and of course we don't wanna mess up with that :)

That's understandable. No need to worry in this case though. :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.