rwj

Our supporting evidence for I-751

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Over this whole process I always found it very useful to read on VJ the lists of what other people include for evidence. It's given me lots of ideas as to what paperwork to keep, so actually filing the I-751 was quite as easy process.

So for anyone who's interested, here's our list:

REQUIRED

* I-751 Petition

* Additional list of all our addresses since married, as requested on petition form

* Cheque for $275 (yay, we snuck in before the fee skyrockets!)

* Copy of Green Card, front and back

OPTIONAL EVIDENCE

* Passport copy - i saw this mentioned somewhere, and I copied it on the same page as my Green Card. I now read it's not required, but it's in there now and I don't feel like re-copying, so it's staying.

* Affadavits - Three letters written by: 1) Mike's parents 2) a good friend of ours who came to our US wedding reception, and 3) my old boss. The letters say how they know us and talk about times they've seen us together, how we present as a couple, etc. etc. The first two are really lengthy and notarized, the last one is short and to the point, and just signed. If this presents any issues, i'll post it here!

* Photos - 8 photos of us in distinct geographical locations (Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge, Hiking at the Grand Canyon, Arches NP in Utah) or with key family members - there's one of both sides of the family right after our wedding in Australia (where i'm really skinny) and then another a year later, again with both sides of the family, in Connecticut (where i'm obviously larger LOL) (hard to fake the weight gain if we took all the photos in one day!!!!). I also threw in a picture of us and our dog - it doesn't prove anything, but it with the other stuff it paints a nice picture. I know there was some discussion when we were first filing about digital vs. *real* photo prints - I just printed these off on my home printer on ordinary paper, 4 to a page. Again, i'f they balk at this i'll let you guys know.

* Residential Lease Agreements - copies of the front and back pages of our current, and one previous lease

* Renters Insurance - current policy and one previous bill

* Tax Returns - Copy of IRS transcripts showing our 2005 and 2006 joint US tax returns. These are easy to get (call the IRS, they'll get them to you within 2 wks) and prove you filed together, which your copies of the tax return do not.

* Credit Card - Copy of our visa cards and a statement showing a joint account.

* Costco - Copy of our Costco cards on a joint account.

* Banking - We have 2 joint Checking Accounts, so sent one statement and one voided check.

* 401k - Copy of both our 401k policies, showing the designation of each other as beneficiaries.

* Travel - A copy of our airline receipts and itineraries for our trip to Connecticut last September/October, where we had a (belated) US celebration of our marriage, hosted by Mike’s parents, and attended by Rosemary’s parents who traveled from Australia for the event.

That's it. So we'll see how that goes. I feel fairly confident that there's enough different stuff there to show a life togther. And it is nice to know at this stage it's more up to USCIS to prove a fake marriage than the other way around.

Happy petitioning everyone,

Rose

Edited by rwj

Mike (Connecticut, USA) and Rosemary (Blue Mountains, Australia)

NATURALISATION UPDATE:

Nov 5 2008 - sent in N400 to CSC

Nov 13 2008 - check cashed

Nov 19 2008 - received NOA dated Nov 13, says application transferred to Nat'l Benefits Center

Dec 4 2008 - Biometrics done

Feb 9 2009 - Received letter saying interview on Mar 18 2009.

Mar 18 2009 - Interview - in and out in 8 minutes!

Mar 23 2009 - Received oath letter for ceremony April 10. Doh!! I'll be travelling. Sent letter requesting later ceremony date.

May 29 2009 - OATH CEREMONY, Reno. I am now a US citizen!

I-751 UPDATE:

May 2007 - Moved to Reno NV, and so we file at CSC instead of NSC - yay!!!

July 23, 2007 - I-751 mailed

July 25, 2007, 10.47am - envelope delivered to CSC

August 2, 2007 - Check cashed

August 6, 2007 - NOA 1 received

Sept 10, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

Sept 21, 2007 - Received 10yGC approval letter dated 9/18 - wow, speedy, and no interview!

Sept 29, 2007 - 10yr GC arrives

OUR HISTORY:

Oct 1 2005 - AUSTRALIAN WEDDING!!

Oct 4 - DCF Sydney Interview, Visa in Hand!

Oct 18 - WE FLY BACK TO UTAH TOGETHER!!!!!! POE LAX

Nov 1 2005 - Received Green Card by Mail

Sounds like a full and complete package. Here's to a swift approval. :thumbs:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Lou Lou, I hope so!!! But i'm glad this is sooooooo much less stressful than any of the previous petitions. And for this one, me and my honey get to wait it out together, which is much nicer. :D

Mike (Connecticut, USA) and Rosemary (Blue Mountains, Australia)

NATURALISATION UPDATE:

Nov 5 2008 - sent in N400 to CSC

Nov 13 2008 - check cashed

Nov 19 2008 - received NOA dated Nov 13, says application transferred to Nat'l Benefits Center

Dec 4 2008 - Biometrics done

Feb 9 2009 - Received letter saying interview on Mar 18 2009.

Mar 18 2009 - Interview - in and out in 8 minutes!

Mar 23 2009 - Received oath letter for ceremony April 10. Doh!! I'll be travelling. Sent letter requesting later ceremony date.

May 29 2009 - OATH CEREMONY, Reno. I am now a US citizen!

I-751 UPDATE:

May 2007 - Moved to Reno NV, and so we file at CSC instead of NSC - yay!!!

July 23, 2007 - I-751 mailed

July 25, 2007, 10.47am - envelope delivered to CSC

August 2, 2007 - Check cashed

August 6, 2007 - NOA 1 received

Sept 10, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

Sept 21, 2007 - Received 10yGC approval letter dated 9/18 - wow, speedy, and no interview!

Sept 29, 2007 - 10yr GC arrives

OUR HISTORY:

Oct 1 2005 - AUSTRALIAN WEDDING!!

Oct 4 - DCF Sydney Interview, Visa in Hand!

Oct 18 - WE FLY BACK TO UTAH TOGETHER!!!!!! POE LAX

Nov 1 2005 - Received Green Card by Mail

Thanks Lou Lou, I hope so!!! But i'm glad this is sooooooo much less stressful than any of the previous petitions. And for this one, me and my honey get to wait it out together, which is much nicer. :D

Agreed. This is by far the easiest part. :yes:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

GOOD LUCK! SHOULD ALL BE OK!

Timeline

01-30-06 2-Year Green Card Approved

02-11-06 2-Year Green Card Arrival

11-05-07 I-751 Petition MAILED To TSC

11-08-07 I-751 Petition RECEIVED At TSC

11-26-07 I-751 Petition Transferred to CSC and Check Cashed

12-01-07 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-17-07 Biometrics Letter Received / Scheduled for 1/8/08

01-08-08 Biometrics Completed At ASC

01-08-08 Touched

01-09-08 Touched

03-26-08 10-Year GC APPROVED!!!! HOORAY!!!

04-03-08 10-Year GC ARRIVES! GC Journey Over For Another 10-Years~On To Citizenship

N-400 Application

10-15-2009 Application Filed

10-16-2009 Application Received / Lewisville, TX

10-21-2009 NOA I-797 Receipt for Application

11-10-2009 Electronic Notice of RFE For Biometrics

11-12-2009 Biometrics Letter Received

12-04-2009 Biometrics

12-17-2009 Notice That File Has Been Transferred To Local Office For Standard Interview

01-19-2010 Interview - PASSED! HOORAY!

01-20-2010 Oath for NEW U.S. Citizen! FINISHED AND DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.