NigerianLove

July/Aug Lagos Interviews

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I just feel the need to share some of my anxiety :wacko: or else I will start :crying:. My fiance goes for his interview on Aug. 1. Thanks to the :help: on this site, I have prepared this 3-ring binder that will barely close. I have to say that in the beginning when my fiance was requesting all these items, like tax documents, I was complaining about having to give these people all this information that isn't necessarily required. After reading you guys posts, I saw that I needed to get prepared quickly. I'm still nervous about the whole process. It's hard when someone else is controlling your life. The closer I get to the date the more my stress levels rise. I'm in a doctoral program and I haven't done any work for 2 weeks. I just can't focus.

My fiance is a wonderful man. He knows his stuff when it comes to the immigration process and thank goodness that he's eloquent. My parents love him and they speak on the phone all the time. They even wrote a notarized letter to immigration. My only real concern is the Lagos office accepting my phone cards. He told me about a guy and the CO would not accept the phone cards. I even without that, I have over 200 emails that I included, all our wedding contracts etc. I'm second guessing myself and trying to figure out what else I need to add in this book that will show how much we love each other. Also, it appears that it depends on who interviews you. I wish I could sleep until the interview date and not have to think about the process!

Please share how you feel or felt when you were going through the process. Any suggestions you have for our interview would be truly appreciated.

Thanks

December 15, 2006- Travelled to Nigeria

December 24, 2006- Got Engaged!

December 28-2006-Filed I-129F

January 8, 2007-Packet Received

January 12, 20007-Official Receipt date

March 27,2007-2nd Visit to Nigeria

April 2, 2007- We received our approval while I was in Nigeria!!!

April 23, 2007-NVC received approval

May 9, 2007-Packet sent to Nigeria

May 23, 2007-Touched by Nigeria

May 23, 2007- Interview Date for Aug. 1, 2007

August 1, 2007-Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

August 6, 2007-Pick up visa

August 16,2007- POE JFK

When I stepped foot in Africa, I understood who I was!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Also,

What is your opinion about me providing him with copies of the moneygrams that I have sent him to show evidence of support?

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I just feel the need to share some of my anxiety :wacko: or else I will start :crying:. My fiance goes for his interview on Aug. 1. Thanks to the :help: on this site, I have prepared this 3-ring binder that will barely close. I have to say that in the beginning when my fiance was requesting all these items, like tax documents, I was complaining about having to give these people all this information that isn't necessarily required. After reading you guys posts, I saw that I needed to get prepared quickly. I'm still nervous about the whole process. It's hard when someone else is controlling your life. The closer I get to the date the more my stress levels rise. I'm in a doctoral program and I haven't done any work for 2 weeks. I just can't focus.

My fiance is a wonderful man. He knows his stuff when it comes to the immigration process and thank goodness that he's eloquent. My parents love him and they speak on the phone all the time. They even wrote a notarized letter to immigration. My only real concern is the Lagos office accepting my phone cards. He told me about a guy and the CO would not accept the phone cards. I even without that, I have over 200 emails that I included, all our wedding contracts etc. I'm second guessing myself and trying to figure out what else I need to add in this book that will show how much we love each other. Also, it appears that it depends on who interviews you. I wish I could sleep until the interview date and not have to think about the process!

Please share how you feel or felt when you were going through the process. Any suggestions you have for our interview would be truly appreciated.

Thanks

December 15, 2006- Travelled to Nigeria

December 24, 2006- Got Engaged!

December 28-2006-Filed I-129F

January 8, 2007-Packet Received

January 12, 20007-Official Receipt date

March 27,2007-2nd Visit to Nigeria

April 2, 2007- We received our approval while I was in Nigeria!!!

April 23, 2007-NVC received approval

May 9, 2007-Packet sent to Nigeria

May 23, 2007-Touched by Nigeria

May 23, 2007- Interview Date for Aug. 1, 2007

August 1, 2007-Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

August 6, 2007-Pick up visa

August 16,2007- POE JFK

When I stepped foot in Africa, I understood who I was!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Also,

What is your opinion about me providing him with copies of the moneygrams that I have sent him to show evidence of support?

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

Hey!

Count to 3, take a deep breath, it's going to be ok. First of all, I read in a few places on here that the 3 ring binders are way to huge to push under the window at the embassy. Could you divide your information into smaller packets so they don't just say oh forget it and don't take the evidence you worked so hard to collect? I already took mine to him and I know they're too big to pass under the window, I'm going to ask him to take them apart so they'll squeeze every piece under there!

As for the moneygrams... I would keep that to yourself. We have western union receipts and I'm scared they will view that as him being a scammer only interested in getting money from me. Or what do u think?

Good luck on your interview btw, your in my prayers!

Edited by Divine Mercy

Also,

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

Hey!

Count to 3, take a deep breath, it's going to be ok. First of all, I read in a few places on here that the 3 ring binders are way to huge to push under the window at the embassy. Could you divide your information into smaller packets so they don't just say oh forget it and don't take the evidence you worked so hard to collect? I already took mine to him and I know they're too big to pass under the window, I'm going to ask him to take them apart so they'll squeeze every piece under there!

As for the moneygrams... I would keep that to yourself. We have western union receipts and I'm scared they will view that as him being a scammer only interested in getting money from me. Or what do u think?

Good luck on your interview btw, your in my prayers!

Yeah just relax I think you will be fine as long as you can prove you are having an ongoing relationship. It what it sounds like to me you have plenty. If I were you I would take the phone cards I know it's not like having a phone bill but it is better than nothing who knows they might accept. I have heard tons of stories about Lagos that can worry you and give you a peace of mind I just think it depends on what CO you get. Some give people a hard time some don't even pay that much attention. As for the moneygrams I was thinking about including some of them then they can see we still are communicating and have a relationship of course if I want to send him money. I think maybe they would think it was fishy if he were sending you money? I don't know some others should post because that's a good question I guess it could be a catch 22.

Good Luck I hope everything works out for you!

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I agree! Relax. Just step back and live your life as is right now, because there is nothing you can do to change this waiting! I agree that you should take copies of the phone cards and maybe you can get copies of the calls showing your calls to the 800 numbers on the cards and put that together for them......

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.