JoooonMoi

Medical Exam At Yeouido ST. Mary’s Hospital in Korea

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Fiancee had her medical exam today. She made her appointment online (The Catholic University of Korea Yeouido ST.MARY`S Hospital (cmcsungmo.or.kr)) last month. We didn't wait over a month on purpose, it was the earliest available at that time. She heard from others the medical exam could take anywhere between 2 to 3 hours but she was out in 1. Mentioned the staff were very pleasant and answered all of her questions. Since her interview is next Friday, she asked if there was enough time between the exam and interview, just in case something comes up. The staff responded that once they receive appointment notifications they also look at interview dates. If they spot any where there could be time constraints a call would be made to reschedule the interview. Since she didn't receive one, the staff said she was in the clear :) They also told her, unlike the immigrant visa (DS-260) folks, non-immigrant visa (DS-160) applicants need to return and pick up their sealed package. All in all, her experience at this hospital was very positive. The only negative would be the congested roads in the city. Leave with plenty of time to spare.

Spoiler

K-1 Visa (I-129F)                                       AOS (I-485) & EAD (I-765)

2021-04-03: Sent (USPS)                  2022-07-23: Sent (UPS)

2021-04-05: NOA1                              2022-07-25: USCIS Received

2022-03-25: NOA2                             2022-07-28: Received two texts with receipt numbers

2022-04-19: NVC Received               2022-07-29: Check cashed

2022-05-16: Embassy Received       2022-08-01: Received paper notifications

2022-06-24: Interview                       2022-08-04: Received online access code

2022-06-28: Visa Received               2022-08-05: Applied for SSN, CaseTrack notified Bio appt scheduled

:dance:                                                    2022-08-11: Received paper notification for Biometrics

2022-08-12: Received SSN card

2022-08-23: Biometrics appointment

2023-01-12: RFE

2023-01-13: RFE evidence submitted via online account

2023-06-01: EAD Approved, card arrived 06-12 

2023-07-02: AOS Approved

7 hours ago, JoooonMoi said:

Fiancee had her medical exam today. She made her appointment online (The Catholic University of Korea Yeouido ST.MARY`S Hospital (cmcsungmo.or.kr)) last month. We didn't wait over a month on purpose, it was the earliest available at that time. She heard from others the medical exam could take anywhere between 2 to 3 hours but she was out in 1. Mentioned the staff were very pleasant and answered all of her questions. Since her interview is next Friday, she asked if there was enough time between the exam and interview, just in case something comes up. The staff responded that once they receive appointment notifications they also look at interview dates. If they spot any where there could be time constraints a call would be made to reschedule the interview. Since she didn't receive one, the staff said she was in the clear :) They also told her, unlike the immigrant visa (DS-260) folks, non-immigrant visa (DS-160) applicants need to return and pick up their sealed package. All in all, her experience at this hospital was very positive. The only negative would be the congested roads in the city. Leave with plenty of time to spare.

Did you check all the hospitals for available dates and St Mary's had the earliest available appointment or did you choose St Mary's for another reason (e.g cost/proximity to where you live)?

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
1 hour ago, ROK2USA said:

Did you check all the hospitals for available dates and St Mary's had the earliest available appointment or did you choose St Mary's for another reason (e.g cost/proximity to where you live)?

She looked at all of the hospitals where she could make the appointment online, which I believe are 3 of the 4 listed in Seoul. And yes, St Mary’s had the earliest available. 

Ah, she also mentioned there is valet parking, for those with cars. Lastly, no urine test for anyone 25yrs and older.

For K-1 specific, since the documents aren’t electronic, the 5 passport photos need to be in Korean passport size.

Spoiler

K-1 Visa (I-129F)                                       AOS (I-485) & EAD (I-765)

2021-04-03: Sent (USPS)                  2022-07-23: Sent (UPS)

2021-04-05: NOA1                              2022-07-25: USCIS Received

2022-03-25: NOA2                             2022-07-28: Received two texts with receipt numbers

2022-04-19: NVC Received               2022-07-29: Check cashed

2022-05-16: Embassy Received       2022-08-01: Received paper notifications

2022-06-24: Interview                       2022-08-04: Received online access code

2022-06-28: Visa Received               2022-08-05: Applied for SSN, CaseTrack notified Bio appt scheduled

:dance:                                                    2022-08-11: Received paper notification for Biometrics

2022-08-12: Received SSN card

2022-08-23: Biometrics appointment

2023-01-12: RFE

2023-01-13: RFE evidence submitted via online account

2023-06-01: EAD Approved, card arrived 06-12 

2023-07-02: AOS Approved

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2022 at 8:40 PM, ROK2USA said:

Hi! Congractulations!!! So glad to see you successfully immigrated!
Can I ask you some qs about medical exam? Did you bring your countries medical record with you or just got somehow tested ?

My mom brought me a handwritten medical record book...I'm honestly don't know, do I need to translate just page with vaccines...or can save money on that and be tested on the hospital. Also, did you recive some vaccine at your district hospital before exam?

If you shared somewhere your medical exam expitience, could you plese give me a link? 😅

6 hours ago, anna4614890 said:

Hi! Congractulations!!! So glad to see you successfully immigrated!
Can I ask you some qs about medical exam? Did you bring your countries medical record with you or just got somehow tested ?

My mom brought me a handwritten medical record book...I'm honestly don't know, do I need to translate just page with vaccines...or can save money on that and be tested on the hospital. Also, did you recive some vaccine at your district hospital before exam?

If you shared somewhere your medical exam expitience, could you plese give me a link? 😅

I didn't write up an experience of my medical exam as it was fairly simple. I made an appointment on the website but then I decided to change it and made an earlier appointment by phone. 

Everyone spoke great English. 

I got vaccinated before the actual medical appointment (in Korea) but I still required the first Hep B vaccination as they added it to the list about a month or so before my exam. I need to get my third shot in 6 months. 

I went to the local 보건소 to get a print out of my results and took that to the medical. 

I went to Gangnam Yonsei Severance. 

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!

I want to let you know about my experience with SNUH for medical exam. 
I made my appointment online through the site and they contacted me via email for additional information. 
Everyone speaks English, there is also Russian and Mongolian speaking workers. 

Even tho I had the earliest appointment (9:15) I needed to wait doctors consultation until 10:30. you still need to come 30 minutes earlier for documentation and basic measurements. The international office opens at 8:40. 

It took me 2 hours. The Results will be ready after 10 days on Wednesday. 
It cost me 290.000w and I didn’t need to do any flu shots!

Edited by anna4614890
Btw if you did some vaccinations in Korea you don’t need to go somewhere for getting a certificate. You can print it by yourself on Korean medical official site

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.