derekkj

The World’s Best Candy Bars? English, of Course

77 posts in this topic

Glad you're on the mend, mags. I know, the temptation to stuff your face again always wins out over the "wow, my jeans fit!" moments...

Sadly...so true! I have no self control. :lol:

Join the club! My boy is away right now and I take it as carte blanche to buy tubs of Carte D'Or to "comfort" myself! :blush:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
....... Fru lemon cheesecakes.....

Dammmmmnnnnnnn you!!!!!

And now I really really really really want to eat my way through the entire Fru/Gu range of deliciousness. I too had an entire cupboard full of those little ramekins!

Gu had this chocolatey thing that was served warm; can't remember what it was because I'm not a big fan of chocolate but it was pretty damn good. Fru's lemon cheesecakes were the BOMB; they had some blueberry ones too but I wasn't too keen on those since they were too sweet. I like any sweet made with lemons though....that's my sweets weakness.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Poor Mags... but you must be better if you want cake!! :)

I dunno, I quite like the way my jeans are fitting. I may never eat again....LOL

(as if! :rolleyes:)

.... until this afternoon, that is! ;)

So true, so true!

Glad you're on the mend, mags. I know, the temptation to stuff your face again always wins out over the "wow, my jeans fit!" moments...

Sadly...so true! I have no self control. :lol:

Join the club! My boy is away right now and I take it as carte blanche to buy tubs of Carte D'Or to "comfort" myself! :blush:

It is all part of the "coping" strategy that we gals employ when the men we love are away. *nods emphatically* I completely understand! :lol:

....... Fru lemon cheesecakes.....

Dammmmmnnnnnnn you!!!!!

And now I really really really really want to eat my way through the entire Fru/Gu range of deliciousness. I too had an entire cupboard full of those little ramekins!

Gu had this chocolatey thing that was served warm; can't remember what it was because I'm not a big fan of chocolate but it was pretty damn good. Fru's lemon cheesecakes were the BOMB; they had some blueberry ones too but I wasn't too keen on those since they were too sweet. I like any sweet made with lemons though....that's my sweets weakness.

Hmm.... the chocolate souffles? Something like that... I forget now. I liked the little chocolate pots (the tiny plastic things about the size of a shot glass that were full of reallllly rich chocolate, erm, gloop), the chocolate & vanilla cheesecakes, and the lemon cheesecakes. Well, I'd have happily eaten any of that stuff, but those were the ones I'd get from Waitrose by the shelful!

I agree with you about the lemon thing.... lemon sorbet, lemon cheesecake (heaven...), lemon mousse, lemon sponge, even.... I'm now racking my brain for other delicious lemony things.

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

It is all part of the "coping" strategy that we gals employ when the men we love are away. *nods emphatically* I completely understand! :lol:

Does their being at work and not due to return for hours qualify us to engage in this coping strategy? If so.... I'm becoming something of an expert on it! :blush:

Definitely time to pay a little visit to the fridge soon and see what I can find in there...

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

Hmm.... the chocolate souffles? Something like that... I forget now. I liked the little chocolate pots (the tiny plastic things about the size of a shot glass that were full of reallllly rich chocolate, erm, gloop), the chocolate & vanilla cheesecakes, and the lemon cheesecakes. Well, I'd have happily eaten any of that stuff, but those were the ones I'd get from Waitrose by the shelful!

I agree with you about the lemon thing.... lemon sorbet, lemon cheesecake (heaven...), lemon mousse, lemon sponge, even.... I'm now racking my brain for other delicious lemony things.

Sainsbury's kept putting Fru on sale for a pound off so it was 1.79 for two of them. Mmmm....I had more than a few of those. :lol: Even now, 8 Fru ramekins are on their way to me here in Texas. I kept 8 and gave away the rest. They come in handy for all sorts of things.

I was at Whole Foods yesterday and found Wensleydale with cranberries. They have a really good cheese selection, but it's sure not cheap. That small wedge was $7! :lol:

:crying::crying: I'm drooling big time over here u lot. You lot are evil :devil: talking about choccie bars from home, evil i tell ya evil :lol: :lol:

Came across a Cadbury's dairy milk the other day and i was like ' ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhh' so when i got home i put my choccie bar into the fridge as i always do. Couple hours later i went to get coz i had the munchies real bad for some good ole UK choccie. Took a bite and i was like.... :huh: this doesnt taste like 'Cadburys'..read the back of the wrapper and to my horror i saw that i was made by Hersheys :crying: so i wrapped it up and threw it in the bucket it was vilest tasted Cadbury's i ever tasted. Wont ever buy "Fake" Cadburys again thats for sure :lol:

So, i'm either going to have to either do without or pay through the nose for some decent British Choccie @ an online British store that sells 'genuine' british choccie. 'No More' fake choccie for me :lol:

Maria

Looking at your location, not too many desi grocers in area--which makes one less option of how to get actual Brit Cadbury (and actual Brit Smarties).

But you can get either the Brit candies from BritishDelights or their Canadian equivalents (AFAIK, not made by Cursey's) from CanadianFavourites (the later has a unique brand Nielson, which kick's Cursey's backside in Canada; also, the high-quality Laura Secord)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I was at Whole Foods yesterday and found Wensleydale with cranberries. They have a really good cheese selection, but it's sure not cheap. That small wedge was $7! :lol:

That's Whole Foods for you, a 'king rip-off. I've seen Wensleydale for normal prices at Wegmans and Trader Joes.

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does their being at work and not due to return for hours qualify us to engage in this coping strategy? If so.... I'm becoming something of an expert on it! :blush:

Definitely time to pay a little visit to the fridge soon and see what I can find in there...

Oh yes, it DEFINITELY qualifies. Off to fridge now! Go on! It IS lunchtime for us ESTers after all. ;)

That's Whole Foods for you, a 'king rip-off. I've seen Wensleydale for normal prices at Wegmans and Trader Joes.

I don't think we have either of those chains in DFW.

Harry's Farmers Market (metro Atlanta based--and I suspect entire) carries some Brit products including those from Sainsbury's.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I like your "Penguins" and what's that chocolate orange thing called? I don't think there is anything like it here.

There is a trend going toward better chocolate. Even Hershey's is making a Special Dark chocolate bar now but the kids seem to like the milk chocolate.

Good chocolate=Nutella (Italian, I guess) That stuff speeds up my heart (which may be due to the fact that I ate half a jar with a spoon) :devil:

Sheila and John

I like your "Penguins" and what's that chocolate orange thing called? I don't think there is anything like it here.

There is a trend going toward better chocolate. Even Hershey's is making a Special Dark chocolate bar now but the kids seem to like the milk chocolate.

Good chocolate=Nutella (Italian, I guess) That stuff speeds up my heart (which may be due to the fact that I ate half a jar with a spoon) :devil:

A (Terry's) Chocolate Orange? I loooove those - the dark chocolate ones. Yum.

And as for eating Nutella out of the jar with a spoon.... that's the reason I don't buy Nutella anymore, because I don't trust myself not to polish the lot off within 24 hours! :blush:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
A (Terry's) Chocolate Orange? I loooove those - the dark chocolate ones. Yum.

It's not Terry's, it's mine! :P

:lol::lol::lol: can i av a wee bit pwease :P mega drools over (terry's) chocolate orange :blush:

Well i cant help it, i havent had any decent brit choccie for months :P

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.