cherubrock74

N400 Application Question

3 posts in this topic

21 years ago I was denied entry at the airport because I was told I needed a fiance visa to enter and get married and could not enter under the visa waiver program.
Obviously I never knew of a fiance visa. I left the same day.

I have been permanent resident since 2010

Under the N400 it asks:

Have you EVER been removed, excluded, or deported from the United States?
Have you EVER been ordered removed, excluded, or deported from the United States?
Have you EVER been placed in removal, exclusion, rescission, or deportation proceedings?

If yes I can explain what happened.

After I was denied entry I just had to wait for the my visa to be processed I was never given a certain time before I would be allowed to re-enter the US  or things like that.

Should I mention the incident in my application?

If yes what is the difference between ever been removed, ordered removed or placed in removal? Meaning under which question I should add my yes and explain?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes mention it. I was denied entry once due to an overstay prior I did not know I needed a visa and could  no longer travel on an ESTA I too went home the same day 

when I tried to get a visa about 3 months later I received a 3 year ban 

they will ask you about it at your interview and I suggest you be honest about it 

and to be honest they already have this information they want to see if you will lie or try to hide it 

they did not hold that against me when I applied for my K1 and I am now a US Citizen 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.