Chelly23

Case Refused Since April 2021

15 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

My husbands case has been refused since April 2021, and was giving a 221g because they needed more evidence of our marriage. We been married since 2018 we sent pictures, passport stamps, money transfers that we have sent each other, and bank statements in our name. It's been 8 months already and nothing. We have escalated the case and called the embassy and nothing changes. They case has updated like 5 times, but still on refused, and everything they answer anything through traveldocs is the same generic message please wait 180 days. It's been more than that and still nothing we don't know what else to do. Any one has gone through this?

On 5/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, Chelly23 said:

Hello Everyone,

My husbands case has been refused since April 2021, and was giving a 221g because they needed more evidence of our marriage. We been married since 2018 we sent pictures, passport stamps, money transfers that we have sent each other, and bank statements in our name. It's been 8 months already and nothing. We have escalated the case and called the embassy and nothing changes. They case has updated like 5 times, but still on refused, and everything they answer anything through traveldocs is the same generic message please wait 180 days. It's been more than that and still nothing we don't know what else to do. Any one has gone through this?

Did you try the Santo Domingo visas email? 

17 minutes ago, JojoandTomas said:

I have emailed them and spoken to them on the phone. I have escalated the case 3 times, and still waiting for a reply since las Friday which was escalated again. Also, have emailed them like 12 times, and nothing. 

15 minutes ago, Chelly23 said:

I have emailed them and spoken to them on the phone. I have escalated the case 3 times, and still waiting for a reply since las Friday which was escalated again. Also, have emailed them like 12 times, and nothing. 

Have you tried both numbers? The English line doesn’t seem to be too useful but the Spanish line usually will point you in the right direction. Unfortunately if your in AP for additional supporting evidence of your relationship , there’s not a real definite estimation for the waiting period. Lawyers might say they’ll move it along but honestly I don’t think they are doing anything different than what your currently doing

1 minute ago, JojoandTomas said:

Have you tried both numbers? The English line doesn’t seem to be too useful but the Spanish line usually will point you in the right direction. Unfortunately if your in AP for additional supporting evidence of your relationship , there’s not a real definite estimation for the waiting period. Lawyers might say they’ll move it along but honestly I don’t think they are doing anything different than what your currently doing

Yes I have tried both numbers, that's how I got the case escalated but no success yet.  Thank you so much for your advice  

1 hour ago, JojoandTomas said:

On 5/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, Chelly23 said:

Hello Everyone,

Hey question what evidenced they said not enough proof

1 hour ago, Nathalie Reynoso said:

Proof of marriage. Letters, pictures, bank account together, bills in both of our names, social media publications, stuff like that.

12 minutes ago, Chelly23 said:

Proof of marriage. Letters, pictures, bank account together, bills in both of our names, social media publications, stuff like that.

Sorry misunderstood question.  Posted things they wanted to be submitted. We had most but she didn't bother in looking. Just kept the passport and gave us a white 221G paper 

3 hours ago, Chelly23 said:

Yes I have tried both numbers, that's how I got the case escalated but no success yet.  Thank you so much for your advice  

Hello,

Which numbers did you call? I’m hoping to speak to someone about an urgent matter? 

6 hours ago, caroydionis said:

Hello,

Which numbers did you call? I’m hoping to speak to someone about an urgent matter? 

I called 809- 567-7775 then press your language. I chose Spanish cause it's not as confusing as the English menu. Then when your choice says if you a have an emergency and need assistance or speak to representative press that option and tell the operator you need to escalated your case they will take your information and email you through USTRAVELDOC if your case is at the embassy. If your case is at the embassy, you can email them your inquiry if you have a profile created at USTRAVELDOC. Also, you can try the live chat on USTRAVELDOC they are helpful ay escalating cases and helping. If the operator wants to be lazy and say “ we can't do it over the phone you have to email them at USTRAVELDOC” 🤦🏽‍♀️ Not everyone is helpful. 

Edited by Chelly23

7 hours ago, Chelly23 said:

Sorry misunderstood question.  Posted things they wanted to be submitted. We had most but she didn't bother in looking. Just kept the passport and gave us a white 221G paper 

I got the white 221G as well but mine was for medical. He needed to do Additional tuberculosis screening. I was in AP for 5 additional months😩

46 minutes ago, Chelly23 said:

I called 809- 567-7775 then press your language. I chose Spanish cause it's not as confusing as the English menu. 

I have another number you can try:

1(829) 956-5144 Options are 1-5-1-1 to reach a live person

6 minutes ago, JojoandTomas said:

I got the white 221G as well but mine was for medical. He needed to do Additional tuberculosis screening. I was in AP for 5 additional months😩

Ours has been a year and like two weeks, and nothing 

1 hour ago, Nathalie Reynoso said:

Was your  proof uploaded to nvc. Or just printed.

The paper state to upload to Ceac did that. Then when contacted them thru USTRAVELDOC uploaded everything as well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.