TQM_Angie

Visa delivery question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have my interview next tuesday and I'm on unclear on one thing, which is the visa delivery process.

I am currently working and staying away from home during the week (away from the address the embassy have as my current one). My address is in the north east of england but i am working in the north west, staying there temporarily but travelling back to my permanent address most weekends.

When i fill out the courier thing for the delivery of my visa do i have to put my home address or can i put any address, i.e the address of my place of work which is on the otherside of england? I'm only working til august and then going to be back permanently at my home address, so if the visa hasn't been deliverered by then can i contact the courier service and change my delivery address? Is it only me who can sign for it on arrival? Finally, I am wondering what if they delivered it to my place of work, but on a saturday when i'm not there, do they give you any warning?

There is very little info about this in packet 4, and i don't want to turn up at the embassy not knowing what i'm doing when i go to the courier counter.

Anyone's experience of this would be gratefully received. Cheers.

I-129F Sent : 2007-01-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-02-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-05-03

Packet 3 Received : 2007-06-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-06-08

Packet 4 received: 2007-07-04

Interview: July 17th 9:30am- approved

Travel to US Cincinnati POE 2007-08-16

Married: 2007-08-25

AOS Sent: 2007-09-27

EAD: 2007-10-27

CSC Transfer 2007-11-23

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I put down my work address. Just a word of warning, they deliver on Saturdays aswell, so if they try to deliver to your weekday address you won't be there to receive it. They should leave a card though; then you can rearrange delivery (even to a different address again) and the date tends to be very specific. I.E. They will say we will deliver on the 13th July, between 8-6 and so on.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi there,

I had mine delivered to a friends address, as she works from home and my employer wasn't aware of my intentions to

leave!!!

It was absolutley fine, she just had to have my ID to sign for the visa's.

Good luck!

x

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I have my interview next tuesday and I'm on unclear on one thing, which is the visa delivery process.

I am currently working and staying away from home during the week (away from the address the embassy have as my current one). My address is in the north east of england but i am working in the north west, staying there temporarily but travelling back to my permanent address most weekends.

When i fill out the courier thing for the delivery of my visa do i have to put my home address or can i put any address, i.e the address of my place of work which is on the otherside of england? I'm only working til august and then going to be back permanently at my home address, so if the visa hasn't been deliverered by then can i contact the courier service and change my delivery address? Is it only me who can sign for it on arrival? Finally, I am wondering what if they delivered it to my place of work, but on a saturday when i'm not there, do they give you any warning?

There is very little info about this in packet 4, and i don't want to turn up at the embassy not knowing what i'm doing when i go to the courier counter.

Anyone's experience of this would be gratefully received. Cheers.

I had mine delivered to work, it comes in a black plastic pouch with no indication on it of what it is. Still it doesnt help that the driver CHEERILY told reception that it was a US visa! You can have it delivered anywhere i guess as long as you are prepared to leave ID at that address. I left my driver's license with reception and that was enough.

Teddy

I had mine delivered to a friends address I was staying at and had no problems at all. They even looked up the postcode for me when I didn't know it.

Good luck!

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.