MargotDarko

Moving after NOA2 before DS-230

4 posts in this topic

Hello. I've received NOA2 on the I-130 that I submitted directly to London USCIS. Since then, we've moved to another flat in the same county. I know that in the US, there's definitely a form to fill out for address change. But is there something similar when you're dealing with the London embassy and USCIS overseas? My husband hasn't done his DS-230 yet though, so would he be able to just use the new address on it and that would be notification enough?

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Hello. I've received NOA2 on the I-130 that I submitted directly to London USCIS. Since then, we've moved to another flat in the same county. I know that in the US, there's definitely a form to fill out for address change. But is there something similar when you're dealing with the London embassy and USCIS overseas? My husband hasn't done his DS-230 yet though, so would he be able to just use the new address on it and that would be notification enough?

I had to change our delivery address to my office between the NOA1 and NOA2 as our post was being stolen (incuding our NOA1!). I did this before I even knew of VJ, so I thought the best thing to do was call the Embassy Extortion Line. They told me to email the londonconsular email address, gave me the super-secret code, and to include all our various details (which in your case would include your case number -- you have P3 now, right?). This worked just fine -- got the standard blahblahdeletedblah reply back, and two days later came confirmation that the address had been changed, along with the equivalent of our NOA1.

Now, you ask whether just putting the new address on is enough. I would venture to say no, because someone in the UK forum (I'm having a senior moment, can't remember who it is) has been saying that they are still getting stuff posted to the wrong address. I'm not sure how they had notified the Embassy of the change, indeed if they notified the same way I did and still had the wrong result, but I'll tell you this worked for me. As this is VJ, I'm sure someone will disagree with me, but it might be worth stumping up for the code this time. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I had to change our delivery address to my office between the NOA1 and NOA2 as our post was being stolen (incuding our NOA1!). I did this before I even knew of VJ, so I thought the best thing to do was call the Embassy Extortion Line. They told me to email the londonconsular email address, gave me the super-secret code, and to include all our various details (which in your case would include your case number -- you have P3 now, right?). This worked just fine -- got the standard blahblahdeletedblah reply back, and two days later came confirmation that the address had been changed, along with the equivalent of our NOA1.

Now, you ask whether just putting the new address on is enough. I would venture to say no, because someone in the UK forum (I'm having a senior moment, can't remember who it is) has been saying that they are still getting stuff posted to the wrong address. I'm not sure how they had notified the Embassy of the change, indeed if they notified the same way I did and still had the wrong result, but I'll tell you this worked for me. As this is VJ, I'm sure someone will disagree with me, but it might be worth stumping up for the code this time. :)

Thanks! Since it worked for you, I'll definitely do it the safe way and spend the money then. Is this the right number? 09042-450100

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Thanks! Since it worked for you, I'll definitely do it the safe way and spend the money then. Is this the right number? 09042-450100

That's the one! :thumbs:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.