Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,971 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
32 minutes ago, asevstr said:

252 Days - not mine.

image.thumb.png.63e8de484b94e38132b123db4e1bbc61.png

I saw this today too, but what the heck though why they skipped mine completely… and moved to may of last year so not fair! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Wyboxcx said:

So much for “ we process cases on a first come, first serve basis” 😑

For real! I submitted congressional inquiry will see fingers crossed, because my time is ticking… 

Just now, Sabina Bart said:

For real! I submitted congressional inquiry will see fingers crossed, because my time is ticking… 

They still have couple of 2022 cases left… sigh! 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Wyboxcx said:

See kids, Lawsuits and Writ of Madamus do work and they do have an effect. 

Yeah but it benefits only those who have no sponsorship… look I and other bunch of folks still waiting for update. They are processing July 2023 cases, I am still waiting -January 2023 mine. Some folks from 2022 are still waiting too, unbelievable. 

Just now, Sabina Bart said:

Yeah but it benefits only those who have no sponsorship… look I and other bunch of folks still waiting for update. They are processing July 2023 cases, I am still waiting -January 2023 mine. Some folks from 2022 are still waiting too, unbelievable. 

Did they request sponsor views for your case?

The DOS does not request sponsor views if the case involves the health of the US citizen (i.e., US citizen receiving some life-saving therapy that can only be provided in the US and reasonably expected to not be available outside of the US), as even with the negative opinion of the sponsor, the case would still get a favorable recommendation based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. 

1 hour ago, lennikov said:

The DOS does not request sponsor views if the case involves the health of the US citizen (i.e., US citizen receiving some life-saving therapy that can only be provided in the US and reasonably expected to not be available outside of the US), as even with the negative opinion of the sponsor, the case would still get a favorable recommendation based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. 

How do you know this? Is there any reference to this in either USCIS or DOS manuals? If so, could you share a link? 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Wyboxcx said:

How do you know this? Is there any reference to this in either USCIS or DOS manuals? If so, could you share a link? 

I had the same question! I wonder if it applies to disability, my spouse is a disabled veteran. 

4 hours ago, lennikov said:

How would you know?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.