Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,971 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, worrieduser said:

Do you guys think that being a victim of labor trafficking can be a valid reason to ask for a case to be expedited? Thanks ! 

We do, but DOS probably does not. I never heard that the expedition request was honored by DOS, to the point that attorneys refused to file it because it was pointless, as the only reaction you will get is a boilerplate email/letter that your request was considered (not really), and denied. 

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
5 hours ago, lennikov said:

We do, but DOS probably does not. I never heard that the expedition request was honored by DOS, to the point that attorneys refused to file it because it was pointless, as the only reaction you will get is a boilerplate email/letter that your request was considered (not really), and denied. 

This is sad. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sabina Bart said:

This is sad. 

Then what qualifies as expedite? It says humanitarian reason or gov interest, is a reason for the U.S. citizen? Like there are no earthquakes or wars (at least not yet might be if they elect Trump) but for real how does one approach this? 

Edited by Sabina Bart

Timeline
5 minutes ago, asevstr said:

Another two... I still see pending cases from may 2022 still and adjudicated from may 2023.  Not Mine, 273 Days.

image.thumb.png.7002a9ca5746e0dd03f73f3e6b5fd7e0.png

image.thumb.png.477238e38e1fbafe2c688d482c8c57b0.png

Kind of absurd, that they skipped some cases mine included-mine is January 2023, how are they in May already-urgh this agency! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, asevstr said:

Another two... I still see pending cases from may 2022 still and adjudicated from may 2023.  Not Mine, 273 Days.

image.thumb.png.7002a9ca5746e0dd03f73f3e6b5fd7e0.png

image.thumb.png.477238e38e1fbafe2c688d482c8c57b0.png

Also they sent bunch of sponsor views for some cases in June and July 2022 on January 31.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wyboxcx said:

They received my case in May 2023 and I still have no response. This is ridiculous 

Yours might be next! Since maybe they just started… what’s ridiculous that they just skipped bunch, I think I am gonna reach out to a senator today and try to see if they can help. 
Did you have gov sponsorship? If not yours might be faster or next! 

1 minute ago, Sabina Bart said:

Yours might be next! Since maybe they just started… what’s ridiculous that they just skipped bunch, I think I am gonna reach out to a senator today and try to see if they can help. 
Did you have gov sponsorship? If not yours might be faster or next! 

Oh If I were you I would definitely reach out and try to force a decision. The way they process these cases in the order they receive them but this is clearly not the case. This is incredibly unfair on top of the ridiculous long wait we have to endure. Just a question, does yours have gov sponsorship ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.