Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
13 minutes ago, blooper1899 said:

My case landed at DOS on June 22, 2022. I see they decided on one case from that day, and then moved on to July. I do have sponsor views, maybe that's why, but at least update that you requested sponsor views. I am so discouraged now. So frustrating. 

I am sorry, so they did request sponsor views? When? 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, DrFood said:

After DoS approval, i consulted a lawyer to apply for adjustment of status. He is asking 5K. Isn’t that a lot? Should i look for another lawyer? Should i apply myself?

Wow! This process is very expensive. I think 5K is too much. You can ask around and see what other good lawyers charge. If not you can do it yourself especially if you have a straightforward case with a lot of bonafide evidence. I am planning to do it myself once I get the DoS approval. 

Hey everyone, so I'm an attorney.  I finished this J-1 waiver process for my family last month (see previous posts), and am now considering staying involved in this area and helping out after realizing how much of a nightmare this can be for people.  I'm not going to give legal advice in this forum, but go ahead and message me if you want my contact information.   

On 12/20/2023 at 10:32 AM, Sabina Bart said:

I am sorry, so they did request sponsor views? When? 

No, they did not even request sponsor views. My case was completely ignored. So DOS can claim as much as they want that they adjudicate  the cases in the order they are received, but it simply is not true.

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
2 hours ago, blooper1899 said:

No, they did not even request sponsor views. My case was completely ignored. So DOS can claim as much as they want that they adjudicate  the cases in the order they are received, but it simply is not true.

I am so sorry, and I agree with you… I think they just only adjudicated cases with no sponsor views because it is easy for them, I feel like they didn't even look thoroughly just my own opinion. They adjudicated someone from October 2022 like wth

5 minutes ago, asevstr said:

477 Days

image.thumb.png.7a5a6ef53a95b9237b8e521332fcde90.png

And with sponsor views too! Very interesting. I wonder if this person somehow managed to expedite 

On 12/20/2023 at 5:40 PM, DrFood said:

After DoS approval, i consulted a lawyer to apply for adjustment of status. He is asking 5K. Isn’t that a lot? Should i look for another lawyer? Should i apply myself?

That is way too much. Highway robbery if you ask me. I would file myself, it’s not too difficult 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Hocus said:

Hi all,

What is the positive result of writ of mandamus? Does Uscis approve it along with DOS or just DOS approval ? 
Also, approximately how long before we get a response? 

TY

The positive result is that you will have an update on your  case 60 days after filing the mandamus. If your case is within normal time, it will not speed it up. If your case is beyond normal processing time, USCIS and DoS will usually ask for up to 90 days of extension to make a decision on your case which can be favorable or unfavorable. You can adjust your status with DoS approval and doesn’t need to wait for USCIS final approval. You will eventually get the USCIS notice of approval which you can present if you have an interview for AoS which may not be needed. 

My case was pending since Aug 2022 with DOS. 

I filed a writ of mandamus in Nov 2023. Court issued summons on Nov 4 and per my lawyer they were sent on Nov 9, but the USPS delay caused them to be served on Nov 27. 
Meanwhile, on Nov 8 I received an email from DOS to send all the application material again via email  including the receipt 3035. ( already sent with original application)
Only reaction from DOS has been an email on Dec 20 stating that they have received the 3035( as a response to my email reply on Nov 9). 
My online status still says pending due to requested documents. 

I am not sure how much longer they will take but my entire life is at stake. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.