Anika&Tani

Still waiting on RFE??!??!?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm at a lose for words now and beyond frustrated :angry: I've been waiting for the infamous RFE since May 24th when I got the RFE email. As of today I've received NOTHING. Got more touches but no RFE. I've called several times requesting it to be resent and even set and went to an INFOPASS appointment and left there no more knowledgeable than I am now on when the RFE is to arrive. I was told by the agent at the local USCIS office to send a letter requesting it to be resent. I've done that and they have had my letter plus what I think they might be looking for, for 2 weeks now!!! And still nothing. Haven't had anymore touches since May 29th. Short of calling my state rep I just don't know what else to do. I guess we are suppose to just plain wait indefinitely until who ever is working on our case to get their act together...........I just feel helpless :crying:

Any USEFUL AND HELPFUL advice would be greatly appreciated. :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The only useful information that is sure to work is to continue to pray without ceasing. See the bible tells me that the devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy but God came that we might have right to the tree of Life. Dont let this destroy your spirit. Keep ya Focus girl!!! Dont let this bring you down simply give it to Jesus and leave it there. The battle is not yours why try to fight it. I am going to pray that what you are looking for will come in Jesus Name. After you've done all you can, You just stand on the word of God. It's only a test your going through; it's gonna be over real soon keep the faith don't give for it is only a test. The bible says now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Although you don't see the RFE with your physical eyes see it and believe its there with your spiritual eyes and continue to Thank God for it being delivered. Simply say Lord I Thank You for the documents that have been delivered; and give him some praise and watch what happens. Put on your shouting shoes and begin to praise him. They say when praises go up blessings come down. Take Care of yourself and always Be Blessed

CASE COMPLETE (THANK YOU JESUS) December 13, 2007

.....Dont you know that Gods Favor is more precious than Life....

I never would've Made it without You Jesus.....He allows some things to Run there coarse, but have no fear God is in Control......He has the VERY LAST say So and he will perform his word.

Timeline

Thank you Mrs. Akindel for your very encouraging words. I have been praying incessantly every single day and so has my Tani. That is the only thing that keeps me going through the day, prayer and knowing I have the deep love of my fiance. This has just been a very extremely frustrating process.......one I really was hoping we didn't have to go through but.........we're here and I know we will get through it. We just wanted to marry before wintertime here. Hopefully we can still do so. Thank you again. May you remain blessed. :)

Timeline
Thank you Mrs. Akindel for your very encouraging words. I have been praying incessantly every single day and so has my Tani. That is the only thing that keeps me going through the day, prayer and knowing I have the deep love of my fiance. This has just been a very extremely frustrating process.......one I really was hoping we didn't have to go through but.........we're here and I know we will get through it. We just wanted to marry before wintertime here. Hopefully we can still do so. Thank you again. May you remain blessed. :)

Hi Anika and Tani. I'm also from Philly :) Keep your spirits up, things are going to work out, God does reward our sacrifices. Making a little trip to the state reps office is a good idea. I have struggled with the system in the past (outside the visa journey) for MONTHS and I got no where. Within ten minutes the state reps office solved my problem. Give it a try, what do you have to lose?

Timeline

oh.. another thought. does the email tell you what the RFE was for? I've never gotten an email of any sort from them so I don't know how it works. If it does tell you what you need, have you tried sending them what they want? Maybe there will no longer be a need for the RFE if they rec'd your documents.

Timeline

Thank you Divine Mercy.......by the way......very cute family picture :) .........for your encouragement. To answer your question the RFE email doesn't tell you anything other than a hard copy letter was sent out supposedly the same day and in the hard copy letter it will tell you what evidence/information they want. When I sent a letter to USCIS over 2 weeks ago I also put with the letter what I think they might be looking for. I just contacted the state reps office so I hope we hear something soon. Thank you again for your encouraging words. May you continue to be blessed.

PS.....being from Philly YOU know our unpredictable weather......LOL.......I don't want my baby to get a cold as soon as he gets here if he has to come during the winter. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:unsure: I really just don't know what to tell you. My heart goes out to you. Please don't be discouraged. Obviously, the RFE was misplaced somehow. Give it about ten days and start to call again. It's hard to understand what a person is going through until it happens to you. I will keep you in my prayers!

April 8, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria

April 10, 2007 - Engaged

May 21, 2007 - Sent Package to VSC

May 24, 2007 - NOA1 receipt date

August 10, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria (again...stayed three weeks)

September 1, 2007 - arrived back in the States

November 5, 2007 - approved!!!

November 6, 2007 - touched

November 9, 2007 - received paper NOA2

November 9, 2007 - NVC forwarded case to consulate

November 15, 2007 - received letter from NVC

November 19, 2007 - fiance has interview date and corresponding forms

December 15, 2007 - Purchase Ticket

January 8, 2008- interview at consulate (approved!)

January 18, 2008- pick up visa

January 19, 2008 - POE (JFK)

February 14, 2008 - married on V-day!

AOS/EAD:

March 14, 2008 - applied for AOS/EAD

March 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD Received

March 20, 2008 - (AOS/EAD) NOA1 Received

March 27, 2008 - Received biometric Appointment

April 8, 2008 - I485 Application transfered to California Service Center

April 11, 2008- Biometrics taken

April 16, 2008 - Touched (AOS Transfered)

May 07, 2008 - Touched

May 08, 2008 - Touched

May 09, 2008 - Touched

May 12, 2008 - Touched

May 13, 2008 - Touched

May 14, 2008 - Touched(EAD card production ordered)

May 19, 2008 - Touched(EAD Approved)

May 19, 2008 - (AOS) Touched

May 19, 2008 - EAD card received!!!

June 05, 2008 - Touched(AOS Card production ordered)

June 09, 2008 - AOS approval notice sent

June 12, 2008 - Green Card received in mail

Timeline

Thank you Waiting4hubby for your thoughtful words. Believe me I'm trying not to become discourage and praying and talking with my Tani helps me from becoming discouraged. May you continue to be blessed.

PS...........hopefully you won't be waiting 4 hubby to much longer ;)

Edited by Anika&Tani

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.