trliber

[K1] Fiance in Seoul Waiting but No NVC Action

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi guys, I cannot remember if I’ve asked this yet but, our K1 application moved to NVC in December (12-2). 

I called NVC last month and they confirmed they have ours and gave me the case and invoice numbers.

Operator told me Seoul hasn’t requested it yet. Does that mean it will wait at NVC until US embassy Seoul requests K1 applications from NVC?

I just feel weird letting it sit there as if I’m doing something wrong. I don’t want it to expire at NVC because of our inaction.

Is there anything we need to do to move our K1 from NVC to Seoul embassy? Or just wait on the embassy to request it and move it forward?

Another site is saying it will take between 1-3 months to go to the embassy. 🤦🏻‍♀️ We’re still waiting for NOA2 and we filed in early early June last year. It’s tough being so far for so long but you’re almost there!

https://rapidvisa.com/k1-visa-timeline/

Edited by OCgirlxSKboy

Timeline
1 hour ago, OCgirlxSKboy said:

Another site is saying it will take between 1-3 months to go to the embassy. 🤦🏻‍♀️ We’re still waiting for NOA2 and we filed in early early June last year. It’s tough being so far for so long but you’re almost there!

https://rapidvisa.com/k1-visa-timeline/

Thank you for your encouragement. I wish you both a fast NOA2. I was informed ours is now moving to the embassy but I didn’t bother tracking it yet because I suspect it will still show “At NVC.” I’ll track today however because I heard (unconfirmed) that some embassies don’t even tell you or the fiance when they receive it so you have to be careful not to let it sit and expire! 

10 hours ago, trliber said:

Thank you for your encouragement. I wish you both a fast NOA2. I was informed ours is now moving to the embassy but I didn’t bother tracking it yet because I suspect it will still show “At NVC.” I’ll track today however because I heard (unconfirmed) that some embassies don’t even tell you or the fiance when they receive it so you have to be careful not to let it sit and expire! 

That’s great news! Congrats and I wish you both good luck! ^_^ I downloaded the uscis app to check our case status easily, maybe you can check that out too? :) 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2021 at 1:05 AM, trliber said:

Hi guys, I cannot remember if I’ve asked this yet but, our K1 application moved to NVC in December (12-2). 

I called NVC last month and they confirmed they have ours and gave me the case and invoice numbers.

Operator told me Seoul hasn’t requested it yet. Does that mean it will wait at NVC until US embassy Seoul requests K1 applications from NVC?

I just feel weird letting it sit there as if I’m doing something wrong. I don’t want it to expire at NVC because of our inaction.

Is there anything we need to do to move our K1 from NVC to Seoul embassy? Or just wait on the embassy to request it and move it forward?

Hi :) Im applying in Seoul too. What is the update on your processing?

We just got approved on March 11 and just waiting for the NOA hard copy. We might wait for awhile to call the NVC for our case number since some people said it'll take 30 days to get one. I'd be happy to hear how your processing is now.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Lily_PH said:

Hi :) Im applying in Seoul too. What is the update on your processing?

We just got approved on March 11 and just waiting for the NOA hard copy. We might wait for awhile to call the NVC for our case number since some people said it'll take 30 days to get one. I'd be happy to hear how your processing is now.

Hi! 

Oh gosh I can’t remember the dates off the top of my head but I think my profile has our timeline updated. I want to say it took 1 month or maybe a little longer to get NOA hard copy. Then after that it took another month for NVC to actually send it to the embassy. They’re all going super slowly these days.

I got super paranoid during the period of waiting for NVC to send it to the embassy. I thought they were waiting for me to do something or send them something before forwarding it to Seoul, but no—you’re fine just to wait. They will send it when the embassy says please send more.

Embassy contacted us a couple of weeks (maybe even 3?) after NVC sent it saying please schedule an interview. I’m now waiting for my fiance to schedule the interview.

Wish you guys luck! Hope this helps.

Edited by trliber

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2021 at 11:28 AM, trliber said:

Hi! 

Oh gosh I can’t remember the dates off the top of my head but I think my profile has our timeline updated. I want to say it took 1 month or maybe a little longer to get NOA hard copy. Then after that it took another month for NVC to actually send it to the embassy. They’re all going super slowly these days.

I got super paranoid during the period of waiting for NVC to send it to the embassy. I thought they were waiting for me to do something or send them something before forwarding it to Seoul, but no—you’re fine just to wait. They will send it when the embassy says please send more.

Embassy contacted us a couple of weeks (maybe even 3?) after NVC sent it saying please schedule an interview. I’m now waiting for my fiance to schedule the interview.

Wish you guys luck! Hope this helps.

Hey Trliber,

I am guessing you are finally done with the interview.

Can i ask what's your fiancee's korean police certificate looks like?

I've made my research and found there are 2 kinds of korean police certificate. I went to the Jongno station near in Anguk but they are not issuing anymore the one with 'lapsed'. Thanks and much appreciated :)

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Lily_PH said:

Hey Trliber,

I am guessing you are finally done with the interview.

Can i ask what's your fiancee's korean police certificate looks like?

I've made my research and found there are 2 kinds of korean police certificate. I went to the Jongno station near in Anguk but they are not issuing anymore the one with 'lapsed'. Thanks and much appreciated :)

Hey 😄

We have not interviewed still because of an issue with the health check that came up. I know if you view the packet the embassy sent with the email notifying they received the application from USCIS they should have a detailed description in korean about the docs. I wish I had a better answer 😩

Timeline
3 hours ago, trliber said:

Hey 😄

We have not interviewed still because of an issue with the health check that came up. I know if you view the packet the embassy sent with the email notifying they received the application from USCIS they should have a detailed description in korean about the docs. I wish I had a better answer 😩

Oh! What happened on her medical results? I had my medical exam on June 1st. Waiting for the results to be mailed on next week.

I got my interview date on the 24th. I just wanted to make sure i have the correct documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.