TheKingmaker

ROC Finally Approved! (Feb 2019 filer!)

10 posts in this topic

Our ROC has finally been approved. Filed Feb 2019 from NJ > VSC.

Moved to NC in Aug 2020, and had interview in Sept. Got approval/ card production notice yesterday. Will file N400 in the upcoming weeks.

Interview was straightforward as we a pretty vanilla case. 

5 minutes ago, Andytn3591 said:

Haha I know right ? Who wouldn’t be panick.

I had my interview last week and I decided that I should relax now and wait for them since I can’t do anything. Hopefully it will get approved soon.

I read the actual law / USCIS manual - they gave to give you a decision within 90 days.

2 hours ago, Andytn3591 said:

Did the status stay at “ interview was scheduled” the whole time before getting approved ? Or was it changed to “you attended at your interview” after your interview?

Said "interview was scheduled" for the whole time.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Andytn3591 said:

Hi, How did you receive your approval notice ? By email or paper mail ? 

Me? First I got an email as I had signed up for status alerts and then got paper mail about a week later, and then a green card in about 10 days from the email.

10 minutes ago, TheKingmaker said:

Me? First I got an email as I had signed up for status alerts and then got paper mail about a week later, and then a green card in about 10 days from the email.

Yeah. How the paper mail look like ? I noticed that all the documents from my 2-year green card were printed on special paper, the one that's thicker than the normal paper and have marks all over the place.

The reason I ask is because I have a letter that's being delivered today from USCIS. It looks like it was printed on normal paper. I had my interview last month and the status has never changed from "interview was scheduled". Now the status still remains and the paper comes. 

Edit: Yeah the USPS app only shows mails as black & white so I don't know what material of the paper yet xD

Edited by Andytn3591

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.